Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on September 19, 2012
2 yr old DD has been asking for a Brave archery set for a few months now...Santa is going to be giving this to her for Christmas this year. :-) I bought this set (because I'd read that it was small) AND the official set from the Disney Store (now available online after months of being sold out). Good thing I bought this set (I paid under eleven for it, free shipping; check during business hours for the lowest prices)...it will work well for her for the next couple years. She doesn't have a whole lot of arm strength and is careful, so I figure this will last for at least 6 months of daily play, in which case, the item will be well worth the price I paid.

Even checking the measurements and all, this set still surprised me by how small (and cute) it is, so I've uploaded some product pics so you can get a better idea of scale. I've posted with a measuring tape and a dollar bill (about 6"). You can also see that the set does come packaged with images from Brave on it. The dark brown accents on the bow are actually a dark, murky purple. The whole bow is also covered with a glittery glaze. A little strange, but DD will probably like it.

ADDED November 30, 2012:
Not sure why, but the product pics aren't showing up here on the product page. To view the pics I uploaded, just click on my username above and then select the "images" tab (right next to the tab of reviews, under "contributions").
review image review image review image
0Comment59 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2012
This bow and arrow is really cute, but it is so small. My 8 year old wanted a bow so badly, just like Merida's. This one looks like Merida's, but it's really the right size for a 3 or 4 year old. My daughter loves it anyway, as she saved for, and paid for it herself. I see why it is so inexpensive compared to the Disney one now. I suppose you get what you pay for!
22 comments35 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 12, 2012
this bow is so much smaller than advertised. flimsy and breaks easily. save your money and buy something better is my advice
11 comment28 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2012
First, I was charged the wrong value for this order, price is 10,99 and I was charged 19,99.
Second: Size is not as advertised, this Bow is for a kid the size of a newborn.
3rd: Quality is not good, it is clear it cannot afford a real pull from a 6 or 7 year old.

I will recommend you save your money and consider other options.
on December 18, 2012
I read the reviews that it wasn't the sturdiest... but I wasn't looking for a hunting bow... just for fun! And this has been HOURS OF FUN for my 4 yo daughter. She loves it! It's easy enough for her to use on her own (after a quick lesson)!
on January 30, 2014
Seriously.. for what it is, it's great!! It's a little cheap bow and arrow set in the likeness of Merida's NOT to be taken seriously. My three year old LOVES it and if she breaks it (which I suspect she eventually will - her nickname is Destructor) I won't give two toots because it only cost $5.83.

This is NOT a bow and arrow to try to shoot accurately (in fact, it doesn't shoot all that well - I couldn't even get it to shoot and stick to a window). This IS, however, a good little bow and arrow set for your little one to play around with so they can pretend to shoot arrows like Merida (or whoever they choose.. the possibilities are endless). It's for imaginations. Not for serious archery practice.

Oh, I will say if there is ONE thing I really do NOT like about this thing it's the dang glitter!! Oh well.. I'm sure it will eventually wear off.
review image
on September 26, 2012
Don't bother with this product for anything. Even the packaging lies. when I received this I actually measured it and it measures SHORTER than the stated legnth. The arrows won't shoot at all. General waste of time and money to get this. I wouldn't recomend for anyone.
0Comment11 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2013
I bought this for my nine year old daughter she loves it then my three year old decided that they wanted one as well so i ended up purchasing another one lol,this is a hit in my house.
on October 27, 2013
This is a small bow and arrow set. The size for a 4 or 5 year old. Bow has glitter on the wood part, which comes off on the child's hand. Other than that it is a great toy.
on February 16, 2014
Perfect size for what I needed. The glitter was unexpected, but it did not change my feelings for the product. It was a non issue.