4.0 out of 5 stars She loves it! (but it sheds sparkles everywhere)
Published 3 months ago by Synnabar

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty but cheaply made
My daughter was checking the mail box everyday in anticipation. Once it came, she put it on and the whole bottom of the dress had a pulled hem that looked like it was snagged on something sharp. I will likely just resew the bottom so she can wear it for halloween and then it will just be a dress up item. It is very thin and flimsy.
Published 3 months ago by aimsley27

4.0 out of 5 stars She loves it! (but it sheds sparkles everywhere), July 3, 2014
Like many other three-year-olds, my daughter loves Frozen. When looking through Amazon's assortment of Elsa dresses, she stopped, pointed and said, "this would look perfect for me!" so of course, this is the one we ordered. Of all the (under fifty dollars) dresses on Amazon, she seemed to think this was the most like "Elsa's Ice Dress" (as she calls it) from the movie: it has the long sleeves, the glittery bodice, the extra sheer fabric on the sides under the arms (they are two separate pieces, not a cape, though), and so on. The product photo as of today is an accurate depiction of the dress we received. Ours was from seller "Best Costume & Toy Deals", sold via Amazon.

It was (as would be expected) wrinkly upon arrival, but no other issues (no torn seams, etc.) with ours. The ONE thing I did have to do to it was to remove the plastic snowflake with Elsa's picture on it that is attached to the bodice. My daughter noticed it on there and said that Elsa's dress didn't have it in the movie, and she wanted it off too, so off it came. It's just held on with elastic and some thread - secure enough if you'd like to keep it on, but not a huge deal to remove.

Notes about things that you may not see in the photo: The front of the bodice has a shiny layer overlaid with a second layer of almost weblike material with silvery bits in it; it's very pretty, but I can imagine it getting snagged fairly easily. The arms have glittery snow designs on them, which were a nice touch. The back of the bodice is a non-shiny but soft fabric. The two closures in back are Velcro; they can snag on the sheer material, so do watch for that.

It does NOT include a tiara, shoes, wig etc.

The dress we received WAS an "officially Licensed Disney product". I don't know if that matters to you personally, I'm just mentioning it because I've seen reviews of other Frozen products where people mentioned the ones they received were knockoffs.

As others have said, you get what you pay for, but ours does not look any cheaper than a comparable Halloween costume/dress-up outfit does. My only complaint about it would be that it sheds sparkles (small sparkles, not larger glitter pieces) everywhere. Now there are sparkles on the floor, my pants, Daddy's shirt, her baby sister...

Size-wise, my daughter is three-and-a-half, and on the petite/small side. She's about 27 lbs., so we ordered the X-Small/3T-4T size. The dress is a bit loose on her. The sleeve are a little long, and it just about hits the ground when she wears it without shoes. However, as she is petite, we expected this and ordered it anyway - she doesn't seem to mind at all, and she has room to grow in it.

Overall it is as expected, nice enough quality for the price we paid, and SHE is very happy with it, which is the most important part anyway. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing dress, polite and nice seller, June 24, 2014
Amazing dress, polite and nice seller, will buy again from this seller. The Dress it's beautiful other review say it leave sparkles everywhere but we seems not have that problem my niece love the dress and she don't want to take off. It's stunning and I think is more Elsa accurate than the one sell on Disney Store very happy with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty but cheaply made, June 30, 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what we expected @ all!, July 20, 2014
This review is from: Disguise Disney's Frozen Elsa Snow Queen Gown Classic Girls Costume, Medium/7-8 (Toy)
We recieved this dress ripped! My daughter was crushed when w opened the package & trod it on only to find the dress was ripped. She was also very disappointed to find the dress did NOT have a full cape on it. It looks like it in the picture but it doesn't. It has 2 little pieces on each arm. Not cool!! I've also contacted Amazon/the seller about returning it & received the shipping labels where I'm to pay for the shipping. I cannot believe that I should be paying for return of a defective dress. Overall, we were not happy with this dress @ all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful outfit! 4 year old granddaughter loved it, July 18, 2014
Beautiful outfit! 4 year old granddaughter loved it. Front hem came loose and frayed during first wear. Hard to say whether she did something that caused it or poor manufacturing. The rest of the dress has held up nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous Dress!, June 27, 2014
Looks just like the picture. True to size. So much better than the one I purchased (and returned to Target).

4.0 out of 5 stars It looked nice, but it is typical costume quality, July 9, 2014
My daughter picked this particular Elsa dress out. It looked nice, but it is typical costume quality, don't expect too much from it. It is delicate can't be too rough as it seems it may tear at seams. I was somewhat disappointed when I realized that the 'cape' that drapes is actually just two pieces hanging from each side, so it doesn't go all around the back of dress. But my daughter didn't seem to mind, so I guess it's ok, can't complain. Better than having to pay the high $$ for the authentic Disney ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice costume for the affordable price., July 24, 2014
We are very happy with the costume. well made, for the affordable price. Arrive in a timely manner. My great granddaughter wore the costume her cousin's Princess Birthday Party......... announcing that Elsa ia a Queen. She loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GRANDAUGHTER LOVES ELSA SNOW QUEEN GOWN, July 12, 2014
My grandaughter loves this Elsa dress. She is so excited to wear this dress. My son and daughter-in-law want to take her to Disney World and let her wear it on her birthday in Magic Kingdom. It is true to size, she wears 7-8 and it fit perfectly. I'm glad Amazon had it because my son could'nt find one any place else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, July 2, 2014
My younger daughter got this as a gift from her grandmother. Of course she's obsessed with "Frozen" so she really wanted an Elsa dress. My daughter loves it and loves dressing up. I wish the quality were better.