Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 21, 2008 7:15:50 PM PDT
Evan's Mom says:
Our Blu Ray will load and will play features, but when we try to play the feature, the machine shuts off and reboots. Anyone else run in to this?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2008 8:26:59 PM PDT
Happened to me. However, I rented mine from Blockbuster. I have since gotten another copy and the same thing happened. I have done research on my Blu Ray player and found that I am a few versions of firmware behind. I would update it now, but I have to wait until tomorrow to get a CD to burn the new firmware to. Hopefully that should resolve my issue. I searched for the symptoms I am experiencing and others had the same problem on other movies until after they updated the firmware. I have a Sony BDP-S300.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2008 7:59:00 PM PDT
i dont have a problem with the feature
but i do have a problem with the bd live features
where its def not hi def
poor quality actually
and it abruptly stops
resets my ps3 or something like that
then go back to either the menu of the bd or my ps3

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2008 10:03:09 PM PDT
the tyte one says:
i bought a copy from a local store and it shut down my player and made it restart also. i took it back and got another copy from another one of there stores and it did the same thing. i guess i will try another copy when they get more in... i already ordered the update disc for my player from sony but it kinda sucks you have to keep updating to play new movies. others i have heard say its just bad copys of the movie going around.??? for the price of these players and then the price of the movies one would not expect so many issues.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2008 1:46:11 PM PDT
ok you tell us its an easter egg but dont tell how to access it

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 7:14:35 PM PDT
Mark says:
Yes it happened to me too. I returned the disc to store and got another one and it still did the same thing. I updated the firmware for my Sony BDP-S300 and now the movie plays fine.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008 8:18:55 PM PDT
B. Meier says:
I'm having the same exact problem. I think it's a firmware issue. I'll try to update and see if that works.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2008 1:53:32 AM PDT
I just bought the Hulk Blue-Ray disc and it won't play at all on my BD-P1000, even with the latest firmware update from June 26th. Anyone else?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 27, 2008 11:58:44 AM PDT
yes i had the same problem.returned it and got another one and it did it also.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008 9:09:07 AM PST
Mike M says:
I had the same problem. rented it twice at Blockbuster with same issues. Downloaded firmware update for Samsung BD-1400P from Samsung website. Unzipped and burned ISO file CD-R, and folowed pdf instructions from website. If you don't have a program to copy the iso file, free download from www.imgbrn.com.
I used it and it worked great!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008 5:33:59 PM PST
ByteME says:
Movie: 4
Video: 1
Audio: 1
Extras: 1
Overall: 1

This disc did not play!
I had to firmware update just to watch the Alternate opening when this came out. I didnt bother watching the flick since i was busy. Fast forward to today.
I watch The Thing on blu and want to watch IH. I put it in and it reads loading but there is just a blank screen. For five minutes I let it go. Ejecting then putting it back in. I then put an older blu movie in played fine. Then put in Journey to the center of the Earth..the new one. Played great. I put this Hulk flick back in and it doesnt play.So I go back to BestBuy and trade the old for the new and come home...guess what? Same thing. I redownloaded the fware and put it in the disc in the player and guess what? Nothing!

I have the Samsung P1400. Does this movie not play on this player or what?
I heard from BestBuy they have an issue with this and IRON MAN but I own IM and it plays fine.
What gives?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2008 9:11:20 AM PST
I own a Sony BDP-S300. The firmware is already at 4.3. Hvr, this disc did not play.
All my other Blu-Ray discs (e.g. IRON MAN, PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN) played great.
Some recommend to up date the firmware but if already at 4.3, what else? I am going to rent it and see. If not OK, will go for the DVD version.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2008 11:55:03 AM PST
this happened to me as well.i returned it and got another one and the samr thing happened.found out my sony blu ray player needed a firmware update.went to sony site and they sent me a dic for free.downloaded it and the movie played fine

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 3, 2008 1:09:17 PM PST
Yeah! I does the same on the BD-P1000, the screen stays blank! I also re-downloaded the firmware and nothing. I called Samsung and was told that they have yet to issue another firmware update to play the Hulk. They could not give me a date!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2009 2:25:07 PM PST
Tarek Halaby says:
hey its a firmware issue i just got a br player for christmas and i rented this frob blockbuster online and it did the same thing to me but... when i rewound it to see if it wouyld do it again it played rite threw so yes it is a frmware issue

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2010 2:11:33 AM PDT
I'm having problems playing this movie and the 2003 Hulk movie on my ps3, it's says an error 80029940. All the other blu-ray movies that I have plays without problems. I updated the firmware on my ps3 and it played the first time but when I played back the second time the same error appears again, Any help..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Oct 21, 2008
Latest post:  May 25, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions