5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, if not THE best collection I've found
Published on January 11, 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars boooooring, bad voices
Published on March 20, 2005 by Melissa A. Mannon

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, if not THE best collection I've found, January 11, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Disney Baby Lullaby: Favorite Sleepytime Songs for Baby and You (Audio CD)
I first bought this tape in '93 when my daughter was born. It quickly became THE tape we listened to every night as she rocked to sleep. The music arrangements are soft and sweet, but not boring. There is a good variety to the songs, with some having a one instrument accompaniment, while others have a variety of instruments. Mostly I think I like the variety of vocalists, some female and some male; none famous, but they are all very talented and pleasing to the ear. You would think that after hearing the songs almost everyday you might get tired of them, but I found myself singing along instead. It's funny, I got to know and love "La,La,Lu", "Stay Awake", and "Baby Mine" from this tape and I was surprised to later recognize them in "Lady & the Tramp", "Mary Poppins", and "Dumbo". I love the tape so much that when I came across the CD, I bought it so I would have the music on CD just in case anything ever happened to my tape. Also, I didn't hesitate to purchase the similar "Disney Babies Wake-up Songs" which in comparison is just as great! Disney always seems to strive for top quality in all that they do, and this tape does not disappoint. It has become one of our family's classics.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the best lullaby collections I've heard., October 14, 1999
By A Customer
We received this CD as a gift when my daughter was born. She just turned six, and we listen to it almost every night. The songs are familiar, and readily singable by even the worst parental vocalist. I hate to admit it, but sometimes I'll stay in my daughter's room after she's fallen asleep, just to listen to the end of the disc. For babies, the music is soft and soothing. For older kids, it's familiar and still soothing. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great cd for bedtime!, September 3, 2000
I got a copy of this on tape and quickly wore it out listening to it with my new baby. I then purchased it on cd. It is worth every penny! The lullaby's are sweet and soothing. I often fall asleep while listening to them myself. The tunes are catchy too and I often find myself singing them around the house. I was happy to have "Baby Mine" on it, since I loved the song in "Dumbo". Now, this does not contain original recordings from the movies themselves, but has revamped songs. They are really worth listening to. I can't say enough good things about it!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son and I Love It, August 24, 2005
I first heard this CD (cassette, actually) 17 years ago when my nephew was a baby. I babysat a lot and he and I got to know it well. When I had my own baby last year I was so happy I could find it! I ordered it right away and it lived up to my memory. It's got songs that you can sing along with even if you're like me and have a terrible voice (by the way, baby doesn't care if you carry a tune-he just likes to hear you sing). I enjoy the songs. They're cute, pleasant and relaxing - just what the doctor ordered at bed time. There are 1 or 2 songs I could do without but I like the majority of them. For those who find the songs boring or slow-of course they are; they're lullabies! For those who don't like the background movements-the CD is not meant for teaching a music class; it's meant to help put your kid to sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've had to buy this collection 3 times already, July 5, 2000
I bought this collection of lullabies when my daughter was only a few weeks old. She is 8 now and still listens to the "Lullaby" tape every night. We've gone through 3 tapes. Tonight the tape broke again and this time I am buying the CD. This is one collection my kids never got tired of. They love it and so do I.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Finally Found It!!!, October 6, 1999
By A Customer
I still sing these lullabye's to my daughter who was a baby a decade ago - she snuggles close to me remembering from her babyhood how special our moments were together rocking her to sleep to this tape. I have been searching to find this Tape or CD, as I am expecting and want to share the same bonding experience shared with these songs. I'm sure my daughter will sing along and share in this - Instinctively as parents we want to sing to our babies, fortunately the songs are easy for us *non-singers* to lull our babies to sleep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Family Lullabys, March 10, 2001
By A Customer
I bought this CD amd fell in love with it. I played it until I knew all the words, and I've been singing these songs to my children every night at bedtime since they were babies. My kids are always suprised when they watch a Disney movie and hear one of "my" lullabys. Now I'm buying the CD for my little sister who's having her first baby this month.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST Have!!!, July 18, 2004
We received this in '95 for the birth of our 1st child. We ran the tape to death and bought it on CD. It goes everywhere w/ us. Even in a German birthing center playing while I was laboring our 3rd child. It just has the best calming effect. Of course every child has had it's own special time w/ it and it brings everyone together when bonding w/ a new baby. This will be our 4th and final baby to have to go thru this w/. It's the 1st thing I put in my hospital bag!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for all new parents!, June 5, 1999
By A Customer
This cd is wonderful! Mountain Lullaby is a song I never heard before this cd and I know I will be singing it forever! Sleep Daddy Sleep is also an adorable song. And of course LaLaLu, Stay Awake and Baby Mine are classics that cross all time. It's very enjoyable rocking my baby to sleep listening and singing along with these songs...I'm sure these will be memories that will last forever!

1.0 out of 5 stars boooooring, bad voices, March 20, 2005
Melissa A. Mannon "melmann" (Bedford, NH United States) - See all my reviews
Most of the songs are boring and I cringe when some of the singers try to hit high notes. I love some of my daughter's cds. There are others that don't interest me, but I don't mind them. This one is grating. Luckily, my 2 year old isn't too thrilled with it either and just asks me to play the first song (when you wish upon a star) over and over. I'm going to have to find that song on another album with a better singer. I'd recommend not wasting your money on this cd. For a wonderful, soothing lullaby album, I'd recommend "World Sings Goodnight". It's absolutely beautiful.