Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Disney Bedtime Favorites (Storybook Collection)
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on January 3, 2013
I love Disney, I love the movies, the characters and in most cases their books are well produced. We bought this to read to our 2.5 yr old son, so I am going to review this from three perspectives:

Charlie's Review (2.5 Yrs):
He loves this book. He picks it EVERY bed time and mostly enjoys flipping through the pages to decide which story he most wants to read.
For his age, some of the stories are too wordy or have too much dialog to hold his attention and he will occasionally get distracted, other stories he loves
He doesn't get to watch TV or Movies yet but he clearly loves the characters in this book, perhaps because we love them too

Dad's Review (old enough):
I love the art in this book, it is for the most part wonderful and better (IMHO) than most kids books
One or two of the stories are OK (Thumper, Mickey, Bambi), others are mediocre and some are just awful (Aladdin, Nemo)
Compared to most of his other books reading these stories is a chore, my wife and I both give a silent sigh when he goes for it
Many of the stories carry little or no positive message

Mom's Review:
Would be happy if we never read from the book again

I am conflicted when scoring this book, on the one hand he loves it and we have definitely got our moneys worth, on the other hand many of the stories in this book seem like second rate filler compared to better books out there. I feel that I need to write this review because I don't see similar comments in other reviews so it seemed like a valid perspective.

For comparison, we have loved the Gruffalo, The Snail and the Whale, Richard Scary's' Best Storybook ever and frankly most of the other books in his library are more engaging than this.
22 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2014
A variety of short bedtime stories. Perfect for girls and boys. Features a couple princess, lion king, finding nemo, monsters inc, mickey mouse, winne the pooh, 101 dalmatian, toy story, bambi and more
on March 9, 2016
GREAT Book at a GREAT price. I don't have any kids of my own but I have bought this to read to my nephews and for every baby shower I have been too. This book ALWAYS gets people excited and moms are always so happy to receive it. The quality of the binding, paper, and illustrations within is great and I always get messages from moms after the fact that they have been reading the book to their little ones and just love it!
review image
on July 31, 2015
It's okay for my boy..
I know no book can ever be childproof, but he didn't even had to treat this book harsh before the pages came out!, I bought 3 children's books at the same time, this is the only one that had pages loose the first time he read them!!, he's read the other ones at least 5 times and pages are still stuck to the book!
of course I'm still teaching him to turn the pages delicately...
The stories teach little to no values, it's just random boring stories but with disney characters, of course I've only read the first 4 stories, because they bored me
But my boy seems to enjoy seeing Woody and buzz on a book, so I guess it's okay for them...
Idk.. I've always thought children's stories must have values in them, or something to teach to them!
on October 9, 2013
My daughter wanted this book for Christmas last year and I ended up getting it for her for her birthday this year. She loves it!! It keeps her guessing as to what story we will read next! And the stories aren't too long. They take about 5 minutes to read and that's about the right length of time for a bedtime story.
Love the artwork in this Disney Bedtime Storybook Collection. I got this as a gift in the mail from a friend for our 5 year old daughter and let me tell you she loves this book. Very artfully detailed on every page of this 300 page Disney book. If you are looking for a great book that has some good stories to read to your kids then this book is a great purchase for you and your family.

We are planning our next vacation to Disney and for under $11 USD this book is phenomenally priced and will surely keep your child/children entertained. Wether you have early readers, older kids or just want this as a keepsake then this is a great purchase. The book is hardback, silver color lined pages and the following short stories are included with awesome graphic images:

1. Toy Story; The Big Campout
2. The Lion King; Simba's Big Secret
3. Bambi; The Secret Adventure
4. Lilo and Stitch; Doggone It, Stitch!
5. Mickey Mouse; Mickey Mouse and the Pet Shop
16. Winnie the Pooh; Best-Friend Sleepover
17. Aladdin; Abu Monkeys Around
18. Donald Duck; Donald Duck Goes Camping
19. Cars; Mater in Paris

My Personal favorite bedtime story in this book is Cinderlla's Bedtime for Gus- Such a classic story, Cinderella has always been one of my favorites of all time. Gus is a tiny chubby little mouse that helps Cinderella and in this bedtime collection follow Gus as he gets into pajamas, gets big sleepy eyes, washes his face and brushes his teeth before bedtime. My favorite :)

Our 5 year old daughter's favorite story in this collection is Toy Story's Big Campout. As almost every child does, our little one loves Toy Story and all of the fantastically animated characters that are part of the cast. This bedtime collection short story is about all of the favorite friends going on a Campout with Bonnie in her backyard in a tent. Playing fun camping games with the flashlight, running around the dark backyard and just being toys and ending with a Marshmallow roast with Bonnie's help. Our daugher's favorite!

My husband's favorite story in this collection is Dumbo's A Brand New act. Let me keep this one short, I honestly think it's his favorite because he knows that the Disney ride 'Dumbo' makes me scared because our daughter just randomly presses the up and down control with no warning and I always get scared. Funny but oh so true.

Overall I have decided to rate this 4 stars. Not all of the stories are fantastically entertaining but the artwork is great. I wish that this contained the Little Mermaid, as she is an all time Disney favorite of almost every child. I know she's one of my favorites and my daughters.
on April 9, 2016
Bought this book used, there was a page ripped in half. I ended up just ripping it out completely. The story makes sense without the page or else id be disappointed. Overall im content with my purchase.
on May 3, 2015
This book is a wonderful addition to any child's book collection.The book is very large and very nice quality! There is an abundance of stories with the characters from the Disney movies. My son is still very young so we don't read "longer" bedtime stories yet, but I cannot wait for him to pull this out every night for bedtime in the near future!
on May 26, 2015
love the book...unfortunately when I bought it used, they never said about the binding coming apart. I was hoping to keep it for a collection for my son and to help a charity; now I have to buy a new one because I don't want to take away from the charity I bought it from. Very disappointed in the description for that.
on January 2, 2016
My children love this book. It is nice to have "new" Disney stories with the characters that we all know and love. The stories are so cute, and they are the perfect length for bedtime stories.