5.0 out of 5 stars 3 year old has loved it for 11 months
Published on December 4, 2010 by cruisingal

2.0 out of 5 stars Not pleased
Published on January 18, 2011 by Sunshine

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 year old has loved it for 11 months, December 4, 2010
This review is from: Disney C7100PD 7-Inch Portable DVD Player - Red (Electronics)
My son received this as a Christmas gift Dec '09. We have used it during countless 8 hour road trips, doctor appointments, & hospital visits. When it wasn't being used then, it was being used to play his Imagination mover's cd's and many learning dvd's. He has LOVED this since he received it. Our son has been very hard on this dvd player and considering how rough he has been with it, I rate it's durability a 5 star. Unfortunately,this week after an accidental severe drop to the floor the screen went black. And because of this, we are in search for a new one--but only because he received so much use and education from it. He enjoyed using it to watch his learning programs on dvd while it allowed our tv to be free. He also enjoyed having something of his own, to play his own movies, learning programs, and cd's when he was wanting to watch/listen to them.

Even though our screen went black, I consider this a durable well thought of gift for a child. The top of the "car" opens to reveal the screen (on the part that lifts up) while the cd/dvd player is located on the bottom of the unit. The left front wheel is the volume control. The buttons, volume control, and headphones jack are very easy for a 3 year old to use. The headphones that came with this were built cheap. Our son enjoyed listening with them, but was rough on them as well, and therefore, they broke early on in use. The place to plug in the headphones is not on the back of the device where the other slots to plug things in are located. I discovered it was located on the left side of the part of the screen that opens, near the bottom once opened. I didn't think to look there, just happened to notice it one day, as I too thought the headphone jack was the wrong size as a previous reviewer had stated. I have noticed that the cost has reduced some and is more comparable to non child friendly looking dvd players. For that reason, I think spending a few extra dollars will make a child very happy to receive a "red car" instead of something that looks more like electronics that mommy & daddy and others have that we don't want little hands to touch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't play DVD's!, September 22, 2012
I bought this for my 4 year old birthday. We put about 20 different DVD's in it, and it kept saying not supported. Most of the DVD's were new, so not a scratch on them. I am sending it back right away. My son is so disappointed, he really wanted it, but he couldn't use it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not pleased, January 18, 2011
I purchased this dvd player for my three year old grandson, who loves CARS and loves to watch Thomas the Train DVD's.He loves it but I find it very unreliable. Most of the DVD,s that we try to play on it don't work. The message NOT SUPPORTED continually comes up.WE have to keep inserting the dvd over and over again to play, and most times it will not play. VERY VERY ANNOYING.I would send it back but I do not live in the United States, so it would cost more to ship it back then it did to purchase the item. NOT PLEASED.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke within a year, October 22, 2011
Bacchus (Lunenburg, MA USA) - See all my reviews
Purchase this DVD player for our four year old so we could take it on road trips. I worked great for about 6 months and we noticed it occasionally took 2-3 power cycles to get it to read DVDs. The image quality isn't great and the battery life is not worth waiting for the charge (we just plugged it right into the dash board). After 11 months the DVD player wouldn't read any DVDs. We tried cleaning the optics and used several DVDs and no luck. It will just endlessly seek (you can hear the motor plugging away) and give up after about two minutes with a message stating the DVD is unplayable. For $99 and such a mature technology I would expect this last for years. In fact we still have to first two home DVD players we ever purchased and they still work all these years later. Don't waste you money on the pretty package, it will just disappoint you and your child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect, March 10, 2014
This thing is wonderful . Ensure it is charged over night for it to work without being plug in. It also hooks up to my sons tv and plays on there so he doesn't need an extra DVD player in his room which I thought was fantastic (comes with the cables as well) great purchase!! Would've paid more it's just that awesome that they thought of everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has Worked Great So Far!, November 21, 2011
Dawn H. Stevens (Richmond, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
I got this for my 5 yr old daughter who loves it. It really is adorable. We have had it for 3 months and it has worked great. Not sure how long it will last but we are pleased so far. I did purchase an extended warranty and kept the box it came in, just in case.

2013- DVD Player is still going strong.

1.0 out of 5 stars dvd player, November 9, 2011
Bought this dvd player for my son for christmas and it never even turned on!!! Could not see the picture on it. tried to call Disney store and was told there was nothing they could do. Do not buy this item. Not worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Luv luv luv it!, January 11, 2011
Jus
t bought this for my 20 mth old son for Xmas and he watches it everyday/allday! As soon as he wakes up he goes straight to it to watch his Yo Gabba Gabba DVD. Allows me much needed time to do other things. He's even figured out how to work the controls...nice size screen, but small enough to carry in my large handbag or diaper bag...we go NOWHERE without it...only complaint it doesn't take batteries so if we were ever away from an outlet or cigarette lighter we'd be in big trouble!

2.0 out of 5 stars Head phone Jack DOES NOT WORK, tried 2 of them..., October 20, 2010
This is great if you never plan on using the headphones, my 18 month old son absolutely loved it, and we used it on a few 4 hour car trips. HOWEVER, the headphone jack does not work,I tried it with different head phones, and then exchanged it for another one, but the same problem. There is an extremely loud buzzing sound when the headphones are plugged in, and only one side works. I had the exact same problem with both players. I bought this for road trips and plane travel, but I will be returning it as I won't subject everyone on the plane to listening to my sons shows. I would have given 5 stars if the headphones worked, but that was a real deal breaker for me, and on 2 machines in a row, I'm going to assume this is some sort of manufacturers defect...

2.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 2 weeks beyond return policy, January 19, 2011
VERY cute! I bought this for my son for Christmas. He used it during a long drive to and from Grandma's and then a few times in the house. It broke this weekend. Nothing happened to it. He was watching it and it died. That's it. And of course, it is 2 weeks past the 30 day return policy, so I can't take it back. I wish I had bought a different item. I read the reviews that said it was garbage, but I thought I would chance it. Now, I am out $100 and have an unhappy kid (and MOM!)

Disney C7100PD 7-Inch Portable DVD Player - Red