5.0 out of 5 stars I Like It...
I bought this strategy guide primarily because I have the Special Edition of "Epic Mickey," and I thought that the special strategy guide would be cool to have.

Published on December 23, 2010 by J. J. Burtch

Published on February 23, 2011 by Starman Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars I Like It..., December 23, 2010
This review is from: Disney Epic Mickey Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide (Hardcover)

I have not had any issues using the guide to help me get past parts of the game, but I will admit, I haven't had to use it much. What I have had to use it for I have found easy to locate in the guide and easy to follow.

I also have to comment on the book itself. It's BEAUTIFUL. The cover is great, the pictures inside are great, and the limited art cell that comes in the package is just spectacular. I actually went and got a frame for the art cell, it's that awesome looking.

If you're looking for a guide for "Epic Mickey," or just looking for something cool to add to your game shelf, you can't really go wrong with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great guide..., January 5, 2011
The guides is very handy in getting around Wasteland. I try to see if I can pick up things without the book, and then refer to it before finishing up an area.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised at My Kid's Reaction, January 14, 2011
I got this for Christmas for my son and was surprised he loved playing with it, since he has never been a big Mickey fan.

The game reviewers said it was not so good and so i thought let me purchase it for them, if they do not play with it I could.
Have not gotten to it so far. My boys loved it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but frustrating to follow in places. Possibley incomplete., February 23, 2011
Starman Jones (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
Writing a walkthrough/strategy guide for a complex video game like Epic Mickey must not be easy. A reviewer must play the game multiple times trying different variations of choice in order to cover all the combinations of storyline and make sure all pick-ups and rewards are found - if just to cover everything for the reader who wants to believe the guide is a comprehensive one, fool proof and complete. I've been through Epic Mickey twice now - once without the guide and once with it. Though Searle claims a player may have to go through the game at least 3 times to recover every item and "complete" the game, I'm not yet convinced his guide is complete. I was very careful to cover every point, follow every direction he makes yet am still short by a handful of pins. I don't believe I missed anything he said. I was meticulously and purposefully trying to do a perfect game since I figured the guide should have every possible pick-up listed. It should be impossible that I am short the number of pins that I am... However... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt untill I get through the game a 3rd time (but there's nothing else to help me find what I've missed, because I've exhausted Searle's options).

That being said, as far as the design and layout of the guide in concerned, I found the guide easy to understand and beautiful at first glance. The descriptions and explanations were often repetitive in places where Searle seems to have placed directions in one paragraph, then in another window on the same page or the opposite, he calls your attention to read more and you find he is saying the same thing over again. Occasionally Searle's descriptions aren't clear enough, so you find yourself getting lost in his directions as to where to go or what to do in the game. Thankfully that doesn't happen often. The colour pictures/frames taken to help you see what he is talking about often are too small ( I had to use a magnifying glass to see their detail) or don't always follow along with his descriptions. I found myself looking at pictures that were above paragraphs that had nothing to do with what he was explaining.
All in all, I can say the guide is impressive, if somewhat flawed in layout and organization. I got past the few problems in Searle's writing and thought process after much rereading and experimenting, but I was hopeing his guide would have been a little easier to cope with. I didn't expect to have to struggle to be helped with my struggles in Epic Mickey. Still, what does work in the guide was a great help in getting me through Epic Mickey and I believe it will likely help many other players if they are having troubles in the game. Patience is a virtue in both the game and the guide. (I'm still baffled though how I didn't "complete" the game after following this guide to the letter...) Oh well.
Oh, also, the animation cell and interview with Spector is well worth the few frustrations you may have with the guide itself.
Not a bad attempt at strategy guide creation, but needed more proofing and rewrites before it was published. Perhaps it was rushed to meet a deadline.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Detailed Guide, August 13, 2012
I enjoy using, and collecting, game guides. Especially Prima ones. Epic Mickey is a game with many twists, turns, and secrets embedded within the gameplay so I wanted a chance to be able to find them all and experience the full game. It's true you don't technically 'need' a guide since the game is designed to just be played the way YOU want to play it, but where's the fun if you can't find all the cool treats hidden throughout the courses.

I use this as a reference while I'm playing the game and it hasn't disappointed me yet! Beautiful colorful pages, maps, and steps to help you play. The hard cover makes it strong and sturdy, and I couldn't be happier!

5.0 out of 5 stars epic guide for an epic game, January 30, 2011
perfect guide for this game...although, i'm a bit biased because i love prima games guides. it is an excellent companion to the game. it's detailed and i found no errors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Edition, February 27, 2013
Beautiful game guide book. My son absolutely loves the book. Game guide and lots of other information provided in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, January 30, 2013
I like the story and great game. This game is the best. I would play this game again. I would recommend it to someone else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made my son happy, January 13, 2014
Just what my son was looking for for Christmas. Great price, shipping and quality for a hard to find (at retail) gift book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 6, 2013
My daughters love looking at the pictures in this guide. It is really beautiful and helpful when playing the game. KPR

Disney Epic Mickey Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide
Disney Epic Mickey Collector's Edition: Prima Official Game Guide by Mike Searle (Hardcover - November 30, 2010)
$29.99 $22.88