5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic adventure for fans of Disney or the whimsical!
Published 23 months ago by G. Denick

2.0 out of 5 stars Awesome concept, horrible execution
This is written based on the xbox360 version of this game.

The concept - a new storyline for Mickey (and Oswald) - is a great one. The cut scenes are spectacular. Watching the opening scenes really gives you the feeling like you are playing characters in a Disney cartoon.

Then the game play starts.

The camera is horrid, and the same...
Published 21 months ago by D. Todd Mulholland

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic adventure for fans of Disney or the whimsical!, November 21, 2012
G. Denick (Somersworth, New Hampshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
"Epic Mickey 2" is a blast, and it's a true pleasure to behold the imaginative worlds that were sculpted for this adventure. The game is fairly simplistic, but that doesn't matter- it's just plain fun. The level of polish isn't quite on par with the "Ratchet and Clank" universe (the king of cartoon games, in my opinion), but it's pretty darned close. Consoles NEED more games like "Epic Mickey 2!" It's great, whimsical, nonviolent fun for all ages.

The game's major fault (if you want to call it that) is that it's rather short in length. This does not bother me at all, since I'm a very busy adult, and I don't have all that much time for gaming. I would much rather have a beautiful, finely tuned experience than a bloated one that can drag at times. And if you're buying this game for your child, it's nice to know that whis game won't suck them in for endless hours like WOW or Skyrim, but will lend itself well to short, enjoyable sessions. However, there are plenty of collectibles to go back for, so you can still spend plenty of time in Mickey's world.

Also- this is a great co-op game! Fun for an adult and their child, two siblings, or even you and your significant other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great concept. Very well put together and fun game!, November 18, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I pre-ordered my copy of Epic Mickey 2 on Xbox 360 and picked it up today. The graphics are amazing (on the 360 anyways). I was wondering how the gameplay would be compared to using the wii remote to use the brush, but the right joystick on the xbox controller is used to aim the brush. The controls are very simple. I am excited to play co-op. I was excited to see if you could co-op over Xbox live, but unfortunately it is just a local co-op. Another great thing about the game is that the characters actually talk, instead of having to read all of the text boxes in the first game. Overall it is a great game so far!

2.0 out of 5 stars Awesome concept, horrible execution, January 8, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This is written based on the xbox360 version of this game.

Then the game play starts.

The camera is horrid, and the same stick controls the camera and the aiming. The aiming is just as bad, with Mickey's paint going in random ways, but rarely where you want it to. To add to the frustration, in co-op, if you miss with the thinner and hit Oswald, you do damage.

Co-op is more fun, as you cannot switch and control Oswald if you are playing solo, it's only Mickey. However, the vertical split and the zoom level they've chosen means that you cannot see much. Paired with the bad camera control and how finicky platforms, puzzles, and combat is - let's just say you have to REALLY love Mickey to be willing to keep slogging through this.

This had the potential to be amazing. It, unfortunately, is not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best co-op game yet, November 28, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game because has a 2 player option. It is a blast to work and play in pair. game offers much fun as you really have to do good team work if you wana get anywhere. Only downfall is split screen but if TV is large enuf shouldnt be an isshue.
pros. wonderfull graphics, entertaining story and flawless gameplay
cons. splitscreen for co-op

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, clunky sequel to a really fun game, January 14, 2013
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Epic Mickey was the first video game I played all the way through, and though I got frustrated with some of the puzzles, and the controls, and the camera, I attributed it largely to the fact that I was a newbie. Also, I played it on the Wii, so the graphics were chunky enough that it made it difficult not to fall off cliffs and miss critical objects from time to time, which didn't help. But overall, I had a blast, and really enjoyed following it all the way to the end. I then went back and played it again, as evil Mickey, and found more hidden stuff and adventures than before. Big thumbs up.

So I was excited to play this one. Really. Excited. But not so much now.

Hated the Mad Singing Doctor. Had to turn off the sound and read subtitles instead. Not sure if it was an homage or a joke, but I do know that it was annoying as all getout.

The overall mission was easy to follow, but I was not focusing as much as I should have been (I realize in retrospect) on side missions, because all of a sudden I realized the game was "over" and I had missed a ton of opportunities. So I started over, intending on being far more thorough. And I was, but didn't get out of it what I had hoped. Plus, after completing the mission, and then doing a ton of side journeys, there's no END. You just sort of at some point decide to quit. Extremely unsatisfying way to end a game after that much time invested. Big BOO on that one.

The camera in this game can be really awkward. All of a sudden I'd be looking at a rock instead of Mickey's POV because the rock is behind him, where the camera is. Hmmm. Also, lots of dizzying perspective shifts made it hard to deal with situations requiring any sort of rapid reflex reactions.

I found myself yelling at Oswald to get with the program a lot. His AI tendencies stunk, and when I was trying to get him to engage an object or enemy or something, I'd end up throwing him in the air and waiting 15 seconds for him to come back down because they both use the same button. Uhhhhhh...? He would also not join me when I tried to summon him, and I'd have to pick up a second remote and play him myself to get him to do what I wanted, then sign back out and return to just playing Mickey by myself. Not good. His voice also grated after a while, and again, I turned off the sound to avoid hearing his whiny complaints.

There were also far too many opportunities for me to screw up a side mission by doing something that seemed totally innocuous, but ended up destroying the chance to finish up a quest. Like putting the pearl in the wrong place, when I didn't even know what all my options were for it in the first place.

Or, I'd try really hard to follow the rules, and STILL get screwed up somehow. Ian and his love of blotlings is my favorite example. I made it through Blot Alley without hurting any, and he was thrilled. I then made it all the way through the Fort without ONCE touching my thinner button, and yet somehow, while fighting the slobber monster, it cut to Ian saying I'd thinned out the little guys and he was mad and not going to help me ever again. I had many bad words for Ian, as I had done no such thing, but at that point, it didn't matter, the game had decided I had been naughty and that avenue was closed for further activities.

Meanwhile, all I can do is fantasize about the release of Portal 3. <sigh> Now THERE are some puzzles!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best but is cute and fun for 6-7 yr olds, September 30, 2014
I don't know what to think about this game I mean I have a 10 year old son who loves xbox games and I'd say this game is fun but could be better I guess if you ask me I think the age level is at least 6 to 7 year old I think after the 7 age mark it gets boring too fast but that's just me maybe I don't have an imagination like I used to but it's a cute game don't get me wrong I think it's fun and all but just a bit old for it I guess I think it's worth the money for entertainment for your kids though it's one of those you have to give it a chance games if you know what I mean imagination wise though definitely gets a top rating for that though I gave a 3 star because u wasn't sure what to think of it but also because it really is a different cute game for younger kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Game!, June 26, 2014
I bought this for my son and we play it on 2 player. Very fun game! This game is recommended if you have small children and need a something fun to do and spend time together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandson loves it, June 20, 2014
Grandson loves this Mickey game. He's 8 and autistic - some of the higher levels are too hard for him. Has two players.

1.0 out of 5 stars I had a simple problem., June 17, 2014
I had a simple problem, but no hard feelings.
I bought the game for Xbox 360 and sent to
PlaySattion console.
Gave as a gift to a friend.
Suggest caution in future purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful game, May 17, 2014
Faith N (Walterboro, SC) - See all my reviews
Great game I purchased for my seven year old. He loves it and is currently teaching his 4 year old brother how to play. It's got awesome graphics from what I've seen!

Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two - Xbox 360