4.0 out of 5 stars A *Very* Pretty Game...
Published on November 6, 2008 by Alanna Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars Tinkerbell for the DS should warn about DGamer chat rooms
Published on December 29, 2008 by J. G. Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars A *Very* Pretty Game..., November 6, 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I was expecting this game to be junk. Most of the licensed DS games are, unfortunately. However, this is one exception to the rule. I bought it for my daughter who is frankly, too young to play it. She is almost four and loves Tinkerbell. This game requires you to be able to read though, and at a second or third grade level. The "game" basically is like a fetch-it RPG without any battles. You talk to other fairies that populate the Disney Fairies world and they will ask you to help them find things or to retrieve items from other fairies. Once you complete a set of tasks and gather enough items you go through a change of seasons, and then have to help collect various things to make autumn come, (or winter, spring, summer).

Some fairies have mini games that you can play that will earn you various items in the game. You arrange spots on ladybugs, capture dewdrops and other simple games. All of this is fairly standard fare for a kid's DS title.

What makes the game standout is the GRAPHICS. They are absolutely GORGEOUS. Using still backgrounds (that look to be from the movie), the TinkerBell world is absolutely gorgeous. From sunflower fields to TinkerBell's quaint little fairy home (looks a bit like an acorn), to falling leaves, every screen is a treat. The music is nice too and the animations for the fairies are gorgeous. Tinkerbell is easy to move around and looks great flying. I was very impressed with the visual presentation, despite the fact that the backgrounds are mostly static. There's alot of variety, too.

My daughter likes to just fly TinkerBell around, but other, older girls would probably enjoy the game alot. Its simple, but pretty and has no violence either.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney Never Fairy Fans will Enjoy this, November 8, 2008
This review is from: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
My 8 year old daughter is a big Disney Never Fairy fan. She has read all the books and loved the new Tinkerbell movie. I was excited to see this game. She has never enjoyed playing games, since she outgrew her Leapster. Once she opened the game and began playing it, it was difficult to get her to stop. It is like the magic of the fairy world has come alive for her.

There is a lot of reading on about a 3rd grade level involved with this game. There is also a certain amount of dexterity required to accomplish some of the game features.

I have also played the game, and as an adult, I enjoy it too!

I recommend this game to Disney Never Fairy fans!

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this game!!!, November 22, 2008
This review is from: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
(I'm using my mom's account) I thought this game was going to stink because it's a game from a movie, and most games that come from movies are horrible. But this game is my favorite out of the 3 DS games that I have!!! You play as Tinkerbell but you can change her outfit. It's like an RPG game JUST for girls! You go around playing fun minigames, bringing the four seasons to the Mainland, fixing things for friends, making accessories, finding things for your friends, and you can have your "fortune" told to you by Tinkerbell. If you LOVE Tinkerbell as much as I do, then you should get this game!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Tinkerbell for the DS should warn about DGamer chat rooms, December 29, 2008
This review is from: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I feel that the chat rooms that come with this title are not appropriate for the target age group. This is a very nice game for a 6-10 year old girl. It can keep them occupied for hours. What I don't understand is why the chat rooms are available on this title. True, a user can not input their own text if they are not registered, but they can get into the chat rooms and view the text that others input. I think that it is a major flaw with this title, and something that parents should be aware of. I think that Nintendo Wi-fi for games like Mario Kart is great fun and completely harmless, but I think the chat rooms should not be included on titles for young kids, or at least should not allow text entry by any users, whether they are registered or not. They should include text entry only on titles directed to older users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, great graphics, great for girls, November 24, 2008
This review is from: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
My daughter is 6 1/2 and has never liked video games very much. She will play for a little while and then move on to other things. We rented Tinkerbell to see if she would like it (she loves the Fairy series books). It was the FIRST time she has ever not wanted to put a game down. She figured the game out without any instructions and loved flying Tinkerbell around and meeting other fairies. Graphics are outstanding and Tinkerbell and the other fairies are adorable. It was a sad day when we had to return the rental but I have already picked one up for Christmas.

NOTE: As other posters have mentioned, you do need to be an independent reader to play without parental help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for little girls!, January 7, 2009
This review is from: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I am 26, and I LOVE this game! The first review sums it up regarding all the stuff you have to do; it keeps me entertained for hours. I am not good at "fighting" games, even simple ones like Mario! So this game is right up my alley.

So don't let the "perfect for 8 year olds" thing scare you. Embrace your inner child and play as Tinkerbell! I must admit one of my favorite things is dressing her in new outfits!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots to DO!, December 30, 2008
This review is from: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I've been reading the reviews and one thing I noticed is when a reviewer gave low stars, they didn't follow the instructions given to the player in the game. This game has LOTS to do. Tinkerbell is trying to work her way up the ranks in the fairy world. She must help usher in the seasons by completing the task lists. Each time Tinkerbell has a sparkling yellow, blue, or tool icon, she has to find the fairy trying to contact her. As she meets other fairies, they often ask her for favors. Tinkerbell can also assign tasks to other fairies like making her clothes, dyeing threads, or wrapping gifts for her friend fairies. She can also serenade animals, help catch ladybugs, race Vidia, or play fairy darts. There are so many games. I'm sure my daughter and I haven't found them all. My daughter loves to order outfits and make accessories. The game is beautiful with many subtle but fabulous little secrets. The game goes from night to day depending when you child plays and when you hear chiming, there is often a surprise that is delightful. This game is addicting and task filled. You MUST READ well and have A GOOD MEMORY to pay this game. I recommend this game for girls 8+. Very detailed and very beautiful. I hope to see more games like this one from Disney.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for the little ones!, April 16, 2009
This review is from: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
I got this game from Blockbuster just to try it out and I hadn't played for five miniutes before I rushed to Amazon to purchase my own copy. Little girls will love that they get to be Tinker Bell and fly around Pixie Hollow. Older girls (I'm 24 and I adore this game!!) will appreciate the charming background music and the beautiful animation. Parents will love that it teaches helpfulness, teamwork and sharing.

As Tinker Bell, you must travel around the four areas of Pixie Hollow, each one marking on of the seasons, and help the other fairies. Your main goal is to collect flowers, jewels, beads, feathers, leaves, thread and other materials scattered all over Pixie Hollow, and repair teapots, cups, and tools for the other fairies. Each season you will receive a list from the minister of that season outlining what you need to find for them. Along the way, there are adorable mini games like fairy races, painting ladybugs, hunting for jewels and finding lost fireflies. This game would extremely repetitive, but there is far more to it than just changing the seasons. You can collect recipe cards for accessories that Tinker Bell and her friends can really wear! You can also collect materials and have new dresses made. I have played for over 50 seasons and I'm still not bored of it.

I would recommend this game for girls of any age. It isn't a challenging game in the sense that young girls will get frustrated, but there's enough to it that older girls can still have fun. I play it to relax and enjoy the Disney magic!

My only complaint is that there is only one save slot on the game. This makes it difficult to share, unless you play the same game and just take turns. Overall, though, five stars and a rating of "flitterific!!!" :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages!, April 11, 2010
This review is from: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
FANTASTIC graphics!! The music is really pretty and there is a lot to do in this game. There IS a lot of reading, but if your daughter has a 2nd-3rd grade reading level....she should be okay. We have MANY DS games in our house, and Tinkerbell definitely ranks in our top 5 favorites!

In this game you will....paint spots on ladybugs, collect dew drops and collect silk thread from silkworms (all 3 of these have 3 levels of difficulty to choose from), fix items, trade items, make accessories, buy clothes, complete missions for other fairies, etc. You can also design your own clothes and put them on display in your workshop, in hopes that other fairies will buy them. I'll admit...I was a bit alarmed when I discovered that one of the boy fairies was wearing my purple flower shirt design and my purple flower bracelet?! Little weird!!

A few down-sides....if you have more than one gal in the house....you will probably have to buy more than one game. This game ONLY saves one player's progress. I started playing the game myself (having a terrific time!) and within 5 minutes my daughter started relentlessly begging for her turn. We ended up going out and buying a second game for her :). She and I enjoy discussing our progress in the game. This game is ALL about using the stylus. So if you don't have screen protectors....BEWARE!! Your screen will take a lot of punishment in the "tinkering" workshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 3 year old LOVES this game (so do I)..., March 1, 2009
This review is from: Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS (Video Game)
My little girl can't read, but she can navigate Tinkerbell around and can do everything in this game (even delete the data making us have to restart the game all over again - that's the only frustrating part). Other than that, my girl loves to repair the items (especially filling the holes, gluing and hammering the glue off). She loves to change Tinkerbell's clothing everyday! It's nice that you can accumulate more and more clothing as the game goes on. I like to help her out with the harder stuff (changing of the seasons and collecting items that need to be repaired). She also likes to make the jewelry. I'm thinking of getting one for myself since my daughter likes to delete the data.

Disney Fairies: Tinker Bell - Nintendo DS