Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 23, 2014
The castle is pretty easy to assemble and the lights are nice. The Elsa doll doesn't stand on her own unless you balance her just so, and neither does Olaf. In order to close the doors, you have to stand the bed upright or take it out. The chair belongs in the middle of the spinner, but you can't spin it with Elsa seated because her legs are too long. The doors are sometimes difficult to close all the way, and Im afraid it's going to break. I honestly would have preferred better quality and no furniture.

I rounded up to 4 stars because the child I bought this for seems to like it , but she gets frustrated when the doll falls over while she's playing, and often has to ask for help to close the castle doors.

* Update: I took it down to 3 stars after all. My kids have already been able to break the chair and the bed. I so wish they had a more durable castle out there for this movie. The larger castle looks like it's made the same way as this one. How come the Cars and Toy Story movies get Imaginext sets, and this one doesn't? Come on, Disney.
22 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Disney movie Frozen is one of our daughter's movies. She loves the Disney Princess Elsa and all of the songs in the movie. The Disney Frozen Queen Elsa Magical Light Up Palace is a small version of Queen Elsa's ice palace!

Notes

- Some assembly is required but it takes less than 5 minutes

- Includes Elsa and her snowman Olaf

- The Ice Palace closes up to contain all of the accessories including Queen Elsa

- A push of the gold button causes the LED lights to light up

Areas for improvement

- The castle is a bit flimsy and both levels do not want to stand up

- It can be a tough to get Elsa to stand in the elevator

Final Verdict - The Disney Frozen Elsa Magical Light Up Place is relative small but a fun Frozen for any fan of Queen Elsa. We do wish that the castle was better constructed.

3 Stars
VINE VOICEon March 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Our 8 & 6 year old grand kids love to play with this, she likes the doll and he loves Olaf the snowman. It is sometimes hard for the kids to open and close the palace. The sides don't always stay up when snapped into place when they are opened. It is very frustrating for the 3 year old to try and play with it. It looks beautiful when it lights up.
on May 11, 2014
After reading so many negatives about the set I went out and bought one myself to see what the problem with the doors was. I found out that the door with the elevator and balcony is quite rough to close and what not, due to the hinge...it came assembled upside down from the factory. Check the back of the set and you should see that there are 2 slots where the wall should easily tab in for the "up" position. This seems to have been a widespread mistake on all sets shipped during the Christmas season and some leftovers on the later months. In order to correct this you have to get a flat screwdriver and pry open the top of the column and remove the hinge to re-insert it correctly. This is not for the faint of heart, since the tabs are quite sturdy and will not give away easily, leaving white stress marks on the housing of the tabs. Fortunately, it blends with the "White frozen" theme. Hope this helped you all!
on January 31, 2014
I purchased this castle as a gift ! Arrived very fast thanks to Amazon Prime!
We took it out of the box and put it together the plastic is very flimsy and could break easily. The doll of Elsa is just like the one that you can buy in separate package.

Pros- The two figures Elsa and Olaf are adorable!
Cons - The biggest con would have to be the Price way to high for what you get.
on September 21, 2014
Bought this castle for my granddaughter. Her eyes lit up when she saw it. But unfortunately it took longer to put the batteries in than it did for it to fall apart!! Very cheap plastic. And spent the rest of the day finding small shards of plastic all over the floor!! Very disappointed!!! Very poorly made!! And if you are going to waste money on it, it is cheaper at Toys-R-us!! But not worth a dime in my opinion. Do yourself a favor and go look at it before you waste your money!! And I gave it one star only because it is required!! I would have given minus stars if possible!!!
on March 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am not impressed with this toy. Sure, it lights up really nice with all of that translucent plastic and looks pretty, but that's the only positive thing I can say about it. The scale is too small - even for the included figures. A castle should have much more space than this. This is more of an igloo. Just how much time can a little girl have her doll look in a mirror or sit in a chair? This toy will have very limited re-playability for most kids (unless it is their ONLY toy). Everything feels very cheap and fragile, and nothing stays together well. The lights are just a gimmick to lure in more buyers. This product is, unfortunately, like many other Disney toys in that it has been cheaply made. I have no doubt this thing will break in short order. Please don't support Disney through the purchase of this cheaply-made gimmick. I'm sure you can find better ways to spend $35.00 (like on the Blu-ray of this movie).
VINE VOICEon March 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First off, let me say we have many of the smaller castles for the different princesses and many of the polly pocket sized princess dolls, so I looked at this as adding to that and fitting in well with that.

Main issue, I feel that this toy is overpriced, $19.99 would be more appropriate.

I also feel that maybe kids under six might not be so good with this, read below about the doors and such.

Next, not well designed. The assembly was more involved than it ought to have been for such a small toy. There was a big issue with the battery compartment, the screw holing it closed came undone a certain amount but then was just spinning as if the screw that holds it in from behind was loose, my husband had to put a knife under the battery compartment cover and lift it up to put pressure on the screw to be able to unscrew the screw all the way. It is difficult to get it to close properly, our daughters are nearly 7 years old and they had to be shown how to lift the doors up enough to get them to close properly or they were going to force them and probably break them, and from watching them do it on their own even after being shown how they still struggle. The side that the elevator is on does not stay up the way it is supposed to very easily, and the telescoping pieces of the elevator are jerky and don't work well, so the elevator isn't really functioning.

So, all of that would mean it is really a 2 stars for me.

As for the kids, I am sure they'd say differently, so that's why the 3 stars instead. They LOVE the light up feature and it is nice that it goes off on its own after a few seconds so you won't kill batteries and so no one will sit with the castle with them in bed at night unbeknownst to us and use it as an additional nightlight. It is nice that it comes with three pieces of furniture. And though the kids are always relating back to funny scenes in the movie with the snowman neither cares to play it because they prefer Elsa. It is also nice that this doll is the same size as the other little ones we have so they can use clothes from their other dolls on this Elsa and it is also nice that her clothes are not that snap together hard plastic variety, she has clothing.

So, my recommendation? Do not run out and buy this, wait for the price to come down or you will feel disappointed. Don't buy this if your kids under six, they'll just break it - the doors, the spinning thing, the elevator.
on June 30, 2014
I probably should have listened to the reviewers who said, "Let it go!" This castle strikes me as a "rush to production" item without a lot of thought to its working (or not working parts). The good news is that the doors did seem to attach correctly (not backward like someone else discovered). They do move up and down. The lights are neat. It doesn't take up a lot of room when opened all the way. What is a puzzle is the base for the center part that turns and the base on the "iffy" elevator (difficult to move up or down at times). There is a hole in both bases. The throne chair can fit on the center base fine, but Elsa and Olaf don't fit well by themselves. I've tried sticking in both of Elsa's feet, one foot, posing her behind the base (she falls). The elevator has the same issue. Olaf can't seem to handle it either. Elsa does not sit well on the throne chair nor recline well on the bed. I know every little girl would be excited to get one given the current Frozen craze, however, the quality of this item is very questionable.
on January 3, 2015
I am very disappointed in this item. I bought it in July, as I do early Christmas shopping a little at a time. I did not open it because I had bought it as a gift and Expected it be satisfactory as I paid a decent amount. Upon Christmas day after my Daughter unwrapped it, I proceeded to open it so I could put in batteries and set it up for her. The manufacturer had made an error with the battery modules. Now the toy is useless for the purpose of lighting up that I bough it for. It was past the 30Day for Amazon and I can not get a hold of the manufacturer. Perhaps if one can not promote Disney properly they should not be selling it. Especially at the high extortionate price.
review image