Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

Edition: VanellopeChange

on November 28, 2013
There's a lot of confusion regarding the release of Individual Disney Infinity figures. What's going on is stores like Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Best Buy and Game Stop are getting "Exclusive Release" deals so only Target is selling Vanellope at the moment, but wait a couple weeks and all the stores will be able to carry these on their shelves. I think the only exception is the crystal figures that as far as I know is Toys R Us only item.

I have no problem with the practice of companies buying something at retail, and marking them up in their own store, but I think people need to be informed that these figures have JUST been released and they only seem scarce because of the exclusive release deals.

The Disney Infinity website isn't very good at telling you exactly where the figures are being sold exclusively, but if you go to a Disney Fan Site like vinylmationkingdom they're pretty good at about informing Disney Infinity fans about impending releases. So my point is, at this time there are plenty of Disney Infinity figures for everyone so no need to pay collector's prices at this time.

Some figures have a LOT of detailing like Woody and Rapunzel and I've noticed some paint jobs are better than others so it pays to be picky and got to a store where you can compare them to one another. In case you're wondering Wreck-it Ralph is at Best Buy only until his store wide release which should be soon!
44 comments67 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2014
Pros:

- Amazing figure. The figure itself is quite detailed and the paint-job on the figure is great. In and of itself, the figure is definitely a nice addition to a Wreck-It-Ralph fan's collection.
- Voice work is great. Sarah Silverman is still Vanellope's voice actor for Disney Infinity, and as far as I can tell, she says actual lines from the movie and has some unique lines for the game as well. The dialogue does get repetitive after a while, but it's still fantastic nonetheless.
- Fun adventure level. While not exactly like the "Sugar Rush Speedway" game from the movie, Vanellope's adventure level is still a blast to play. The driving mechanics for Infinity are great, and the adventure level's track has many shortcuts and collectibles to grab. It's entertaining for at least a few minutes, trying to win the gold medal and grabbing all of the capsules.

Con:

- In-game, she's basically a reskinned Wreck-It-Ralph. Her "glitch" attack is the same as Wreck-It-Ralph's pounding attack with a different animation, and her cherry bomb attack is literally the same thing as Wreck-It-Ralph's! I really wish her "glitch" power would let her move through enemies and/or physical objects, and I wish she would have had a different default attack, but I do understand the limitations of Disney Infinity's engine.

All-in-all, I think Vanellope's a great addition to my Disney Infinity collection, and I would definitely recommend her to any Disney Infinity player.
22 comments8 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2013

Some figures have a LOT of detailing like Woody and Rapunzel and I've noticed some paint jobs are better than others so it pays to be picky and got to a store where you can compare them to one another. Oh and in case you're wondering, Wreck-it Ralph is currently an exclusive deal at Best Buy.
11 comment33 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2014
i love this Disney infinity figure, as a main attack and dodge, she glitches ahead, and she uses a cherry bomb for a range attack. she is my fav character, and I recommend it to every one who loves the move: wreck it ralph
on April 6, 2014
nice addition for another girl character, theres not a whole lot xtra that she does, but it is another figure for the Wreck It Ralph series, which I think should have a GAME MODE by itself as well!!! My daughters loved the movie, so they love to play as her in the game!! They think it's neat when I run around with Wreck It Ralph and we save the day together!!!
VINE VOICEon March 21, 2014
I was skeptical of these action figure add-ons to games, but I've really come to appreciate them. I bought my kids Disney Infinity for Christmas. Now every few weeks, they do something to earn one of these figures. At $10 - $12, not really a bad deal. The kids immediately enjoy playing the game with the new figure and we get a little more entertainment from that game we bought a few months ago. Win.

Vannellope has been one of my girls' favorite characters to play for some reason.
on December 27, 2013
Was delivered with Wreck it Ralph, in a very prompt fashion and was the perfect addition to the game and other figures my son got.
on February 13, 2014
Liked it a lot! Its one of my fave characters in the movie! Its better made than many of the figurines which came out during the movie's run! Well detailed and matte colouring oh so adorable...

Only reason I'm not giving it full marks is cause I don't have the game to play/ test it out. Hence this would be for display/ collection only.
on March 21, 2014
My daughter love's playing Infinity. A little secret, so do I. My only complaint is Disney has made so many figures that only work in the Toy Box mode. They should all have playset expansions.
on March 15, 2014
This product arrived expeditiously even though I ordered it at the last minute! I appreciate being able to depend on sellers like this one to fill my orders and get them out so quickly!