Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Disney Kids and Family pack [Download]
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on January 14, 2013
I got this set on a very special sale for $9.99 for all six games, which just blew me out of the water. I can't base the whole review on the deal though, of course, because I see that the price jumped up since then to nearly 100 USD or more! Which is crazy!

All of these games have console counterparts (these are all PC games), and sometimes I wish I had them on a console instead. The keyboard controls are very, very old-school. I know this sounds strange, but most "gamers" today move around with the W,A,S, and D keys. W for moving up, S for moving down, A for moving left, and D for moving right. If you don't believe me, try it. It feels very comfortable to rest your fingers in that position. And you can put your free right hand on your mouse to click around while doing it.

Now, these games use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move your character which is very awkward. Again, if you don't believe me, compare. Especially for an adult hand, this keyboard positioning is awkward and even hurts!

The natural volume on all of these also seems exceptionally high. I know my speakers act up sometimes, but I turn the volume down almost all the way and the sound still comes blaring out. This is a minor problem that can be adjusted with the in game options, but it was just a little odd to me.

So, beyond the bad control scheme that all of these have in common...

These are kids games that adults can also get a lot out of, which means the difficulty is sometimes a little high for kids. My daughter and I replayed the FIRST LEVEL of Toy Story 3 over five times before we got Woody safely out of that crumbling canyon! There are lots of jumping and dodging and action going on, which is great, but definitely puts most of these games out of range entirely for younger kids and toddlers.

I have to assist my four-year-old a LOT with these games. She cannot play them alone at all despite having mastered her DS and Vtech V-Smile games alone. I hope to continue playing these games with her anyway though to teach keyboard and computer skills.

You can also plug in a controller but depending on which controller you use (not every controller is compatible with every game) it too can have mixed results.

The graphics are lovely and all of the games I have played so far (every game except Lego Pirates) has the Disney feel with full voice-acting and delightful music.

Toy Story 3 is an open world game where you can basically run around and do as you like, choosing between characters like Woody, Buzz, and Jessie from the start, and building up the fictional western town where Woody is sheriff. You have to solve puzzles, jump and climb, and even throw bouncy balls at your enemies to stun them.

G-Force I played very little of. It's way too complicated for my daughter right now. As a G-Force guinea pig, you have to jump, climb, navigate, whip, shoot, and switch to your fly spy partner and more. The first level, the tutorial level, is a series of small rooms that my daughter had some difficulty with as she could never keep the camera facing where she wanted the guinea pig to run. We both got stuck when the game asked us to switch to the fly character and fly through a grate. We had no idea where the grate was and it wasn't pointed out to us.

Cars is one of the simpler games because it's just a basic racing game. You choose from a wide array of Cars characters and learn how to be an agent. You can make the car jump, drift, and even acquire weapons to blast enemy cars on the track and win first place.

Disney Universe is a lot of fun. I think I enjoyed it more than my daughter. It looked like a Little Big Planet clone from the cover but that is absolutely not the case. Your character wears a variety of costumes from several Disney films and levels up as you proceed. As you level, you get a better weapon and can more efficiently fight off the bad guys.

As you can probably tell from the review already, these are not toddler games. These are not educational games. Your child won't be taught the ABC's or their 123's while playing these games. They're about light-hearted action and fun. One positive shared by all of the games is that the penalties for losing on any level aren't high. The situations are (generally) not very high stress.

I highly suggest playing these games with your kids and checking them out before you share them with your children. A lot of the games involve combat of some kind and in the Cars game, you're basically blowing up other cars on the track to win. Every parent has certain morals and values they want to teach their children, so some parents might not agree with all of the combat elements.

What I got this set for was a great deal and I will continue to play these with my children as they grow.
on January 15, 2013
I got these for a 4 and 6 year old, and the games themselves are wonderful. There are lots of crashes, though. The Cars game in particular crashes nearly constantly, and has to be killed with the task manager. Finding any info about updates or support is a nightmare. I finally just made a script that will auto-close the game so it can be re-launched
on May 21, 2013
These titles will run on even the most modest PC, Cars 2 did give me some problems running initially but managed to settle down in the end.

All the games in the pack are enjoyable both for kids and adults, the highlights of the pack for me have to be Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, G-Force and Toy Story 3.
on January 7, 2013
es un exelente paquete aun muy buen precio y exelente servicio fue muy rapida la descarga y son 100% compatibles los recomiendo
on September 9, 2012
So for $9 you get 6 games. which is a good deal by itself. but when 4 of those games are A list titles that have gotten mostly excellent reviews and are great family games? thats even a better deal. Cars 2 is a mario kart racer type game that is almost too good to be true. Way better than the film. Toy story 3 is perfect. the perfect game for the perfect movie.

I havent played any of the rest yet, but Ive heard excellent reviews for lego pirates & disney universe.

as for the other two? pirates 3 and Gforce? probably B list titles, but those are even worth a few hours of fun
on October 10, 2012
I must say that this pack is the best for family entertainment, i bought it to my kids, I have a six years old boy and a nine years old girl, and I can say they love this games, we love this games, if you have kids buy it, it's a must have.
on June 20, 2013
Great pack for kids. Not much thought or hard effort made into making these games other than basing them on the Disney Franchise. However. It is good for childrend 3+ of age.
on December 26, 2013
The kids just love to play these. So many hours of fun. they have to take turns so we had to start timing them to make it fair.
on April 26, 2013
my son loves these glad we where able to pick this up for $10 when it was on a deal a while back
on May 28, 2015
a lot of the games wont even work because they are incompatible with current operating systems