5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful CD...and very effective!
Published on April 18, 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars there are better lullaby albums
Published on August 20, 2001 by audrey

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful CD...and very effective!, April 18, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Disney's Lullaby Album (Audio CD)
I got this CD when my daughter was about 6 months old and she has been falling asleep to it for over a year now. The arrangements are very beautiful and wonderful to listen to, and the selection of songs is very good, so good it is hard to choose a favorite. I got the Disney Babies Lullaby album at about the same time, but realized that with WORDS, the volume of the CD varied, which was not as restful for my baby as I wanted. I love both CD's but use the Disney Babies one to rock my baby and sing to her, and use the instrumental one in her room for her to fall asleep to: it's a one-two PUNCH! This is the most hauntingly beautiful "muzak" you will ever hear, and the sound quality and soothing rhythms are even all throughout, perfect for lulling baby to sleep. I rank it higher than the Disney Babies CD and was surprised it got a bad review. It is wonderful because IT WORKS and because long after your baby has fallen asleep, the melodies will play on in your head, they are THAT beautifully done. Highly recommended!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect way to wind down, September 3, 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Disney's Lullaby Album (Audio CD)
This CD not only provides a wonderful accompaniment for babies drifting off to sleep, it is also a great way for adults to wind down after a tough day. I often play the CD for myself when I go to bed and it never fails to relax me. Sometimes I even drift off to sleep long before the CD is over. The songlist is beautiful, but the thing that makes this CD stand out from others is the peaceful and simplistic presentation of the music. It is not charted with a large orchestra. Rather, it uses minimal instruments which soothe the mind and spirit. This is the perfect relaxing music for people ages 0 to 100.

5.0 out of 5 stars Possibly the BEST lullaby album out there!, February 3, 2006
This review is from: Disney's Lullaby Album (Audio CD)
Yes, this lullaby album ACTUALLY WORKS! At least as far as MY son is concerned. I have about six different "lullaby" albums, but this CD is the only one that really helps when he's tired and fussy but refuses to fall asleep. The songs are soft and subdued, and the instruments used are appropriate for "sleepy time" music. As opposed to some other "lullaby" albums that don't seem very soothing at all (and generally don't work), because the beats are too sharp and the instruments make harsh, startling noises that can actually WAKE a baby. This is the only lullaby album that I actually use regularly, and highly recommend to all parents!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mommy's favorite!!!!, December 7, 2005
L. Camp "boomiesmommie" (South Bend, IN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney's Lullaby Album (Audio CD)
We used a sounds of the womb CD for over a year because everytime I tried a "Lullaby" CD, most would wake the baby... Most lullaby CD's we tried had too much quiet then loud for my light sleeper! (Not a musician so I can't remember the exact music terms or how to spell.)

I really liked the variety of music on this CD so I decided I would try just once more, at least if this CD didn't work as a lullaby CD, it had songs that I wouldn't mind listening to while I relaxed!

Needless to say, it is perfect! I love it and most importantly, it never wakes the baby!

3.0 out of 5 stars there are better lullaby albums, August 20, 2001
This review is from: Lullaby Album (Audio CD)
This is a nice enough CD of lullabies, but it is not exceptional. There are instrumental versions of traditional songs (Brahms' Lullaby), Disney songs (Baby Mine) and more contemporary artists (Kenny Loggins, Lennon and McCartney, George and Ira Gershwin). The songs are nice and the arrangements are good, but there are better CDs available -- "On a Starry Night" and "The Planet Sleeps" come to mind. I would try those collections first.
Also, there is no decent booklet accompanying this CD, as there are with other collections. Not even minimal information is included, such as the source of the music used. Composers are named and that is it. Could have been better done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music that puts children to sleep and lets adults hum along!, May 2, 2003
P. Heaphy (West Haven, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lullaby Album (Audio Cassette)
I enjoy listening to this music during naptime in my preschool class. It is soft and gentle, yet familiar Disney tunes that are pleasant to hear. The children also enjoy listening to these 'classic' favorites when awake, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, May 30, 2007
E. Brown (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney's Lullaby Album (Audio CD)
There are several reasons why I really like this CD and would recommend it:

1. Entirely instrumental - mostly sounds synthesized, but it is soft - not harsh and biting. No singing to jolt or distract.

2. The music is kept at an even volume. Some CDs tend to shift sound from one song to another, so when my son is nearly asleep and a song ends, the next one may or may not wake him up. This one does not have this problem.

3. The music choices are appropriate for an album used to go to sleep.

4. The songs are familiar. I may not have known the name of "House at Pooh Corner" but I certainly remember singing about Christopher Robin.

My son was used to being put to sleep with singing. We decided it was time he learn to fall asleep without parental involvement. This CD has been the best at accomplishing this for us so far.

I hope this helps someone make a decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's set on continuous play, June 21, 2002
This review is from: Disney's Lullaby Album (Audio CD)
We've had this set on continuous play in my 23-month-old daughter's room for over a year. And with a baby monitor in our bedroom and living room, we literally hear the faint whispers of this CD constantly. And I still love it. It's perfect for going to sleep. I've even noticed that when a power outage turns the CD player off, she doesn't sleep as well and wakes up more frequently. Even friends (who've heard it over the monitors, too) are asking what it is so they can get it for their babies.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

5.0 out of 5 stars my favorite cd that is not mine!, July 7, 2004
This review is from: Disney's Lullaby Album (Audio CD)
I love this CD so much!I bought it when I found out I was pregnant.I thought a nice lullaby CD would be something I would like my baby to drift off to sleep to.Little did I know it would become a staple in my CD player the following year!I have finally given it up to my now two year old.He falls asleep by the second song!I have to say untill he came along I would only be able to review the first two myself,I was off in sleepy lullaby land after that myself!The songs are so soothing and soft.My only criticizm is the songs often have an almost melencoly feel.I have actually cried listening to a few of them!Mabey it was those after pregnancy hormones!I can't reccomend this enough to anyone who wants a relaxing soft cd that will almost certainly put you to sleep!I also love the princess & christmas lullaby CD's I hope they are not the last in the collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely beautiful CD. We play it every night., March 24, 2003
V. Spencer (Burbank, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney's Lullaby Album (Audio CD)
My daughter is 2.5 and his CD was given to us as a gift when she was 2 months old. It has been on continuous play in her room every night since we got it and it is so beautiful. It has so many favorites that I grew up with and enjoy hearing myself. I have given this CD as a baby gift to family and friends that are expecting and they have fallen in love with it. I too recommend that you purchase Disney's Princess Lullaby CD which is my daughters night night music of choice for the car. Enjoy!

Disney Lullaby Album
Disney Lullaby Album by Fred Mollin (Audio CD - 2011)