Disney Parks: The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes [Blu-ray plus DVD and Digital Copy]
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Purchased at $18.99.
-1 Blu-Ray disc containing Disneyland Resorts: Behind the Scenes (51 min), Undiscovered Disney Parks (44 min), and Ultimate Walt Disney World (44 min) of both locations, and Extras
-1 DVD with the same content as the Blu-Ray, and a Digital Copy. The Digital Copy included includes 3 .mp4 files (Disneyland Resorts: Behind the Scenes, Undiscovered Disney Parks, and Ultimate Walt Disney World) that you simply copy off the DVD yourself. There is no code to redeem through iTunes or Windows Media Player, but I did import them into the iTunes library.
-Blu-Ray case is inside a cardboard slipcase. This version may not be as extensive as the 6-Disc DVD set which I have never seen
Picture and sound quality was just fine for something like this.
I'm reviewing this mostly from a content point of view.
I have personally been to Disney World (FL) at least 8+ times. To some that may be a significant amount, others not so much. After watching this Blu-Ray, I can honestly say that I have missed out on at least 80% of what Disney World alone has to offer. The Disney World part is not as intricate as the Disney Land one; but if you've been to Disney World, you can easily compare everything between both parks. It takes you through the major attractions, whether it be the Main Street Parade, or the amazing thrill rides that each park offers. Interviews with Imagineers, creators, and directors of these attractions are intertwined throughout.
- Disneyland Resorts: Behind the Scenes covers Disney Land and California Adventure's, and all their individual sections with tons of background information.Read more ›
The set consists of six DVDs, each in an individual thin case - which are stored in a cardboard sleeve. Most of the videos are "widescreen", but a few are "full screen" 1.33:1 ratio and they all lack close-captioning. These videos document what there is to do at the parks and attractions, with a lot of interviews of park employees and with actual customers. It does start to seem like a hour long commercial for Disney, but I guess that is expected given that it's a detailed look at a theme park and it's attractions.
Listing of the discs;
1) Walt Disney World Resort: Behind the Scenes. 52 minutes with two extra features; What's New in the Haunted Mansion & Stitch's Great Escape. Not sure just how long each of the extra features are - but they seem to be around 8~12 minutes. This DVD reminded me of the History Channel's documentary Modern Marvels - Walt Disney World (History Channel).
2) Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes. 55 minutes with two extra features; Walt Disney's Apartment on Main Street & King Arthur's Carousel.
3) Ultimate Walt Disney World. 57 minutes with two extra features; Goofy's Barnstormer & Catastrophe Canyon.
4) Disney's Animal Kingdom. 42 minutes, no extra features.
5) Disney Cruise Line. 52 minutes with two extra features; Sneak Peek at the Disney Dream & Virtual Ride on the Disney Dream AquaDuck.
6) Undiscovered Disney Parks. 50 minutes with two extra features; What's New at Walt Disney World's Resort Hotels & Tips for Walt Disney World Travelers.
While there are a few scenes you will not see elsewhere, such as an inside look at the private Club 33 at Disneyland, this does not justify the cost.
The title is also very misleading "The Secrets, Stories and Magic Behind the Scenes". There is very little behind the scenes material.
Finally, the production is sloppy. Each video is only about 45 minutes long, even with the "Extras" which themselves are only a few minutes each. In that 45 minutes they often use the same scene over and over, such as the same surfer surfing the same wave at Typhoon Lagoon. What, did they run out of original footage to fill out the 45 minutes?
The videos are pretty to look at and the Disney Parks look beautiful, but that is more a credit to Disney than to the producers of this project which is not worthy of the Disney name.
The Blu-ray quality is absolutely fabulous, almost, dare I say, like being there !
True fans will no doubt just have to have both versions, but if I had to choose I would have to choose quality over quantity and go for the Blu-ray.
For customers in the UK it appears that there are no regional coding restrictions on either the DVDs or the Blu-ray.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
These used to be on Netflix and I was heartbroken when they took them off. If you have a very young child who is preparing for their first trip to Disney, these do a fantastic job... Read morePublished 2 months ago by C. Tarkeshian
There is very little "behind the scenes" and even less "secrets." This is just one long commercial. Pretty disappointed. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Heather T
These videos are great for planning a great Disney vacation ... Although a bit outdated now, I loved learning the backstories of some of Disney(land or World)'s most beloved... Read morePublished 3 months ago by E. Danao
We love Disney and this collection is a "must watch" for any Disney fan!Published 5 months ago by lori phillips
I'm a huge Disney nerd. I've probably watched this hundreds of times and I'm still excited about it every time I do. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amanda G
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > TV
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > Animated Characters > All Titles
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > By Age > 3-6 Years
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > By Age > For the Whole Family
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment