Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on July 4, 2012
The Merida doll is realistic, with freckles and neat shoes. Angus the horse is less so. The plastic is ultra shiny and most of his tail hair fell out by the second day, as it wouldn't stand up to brushing. Next time I would probably buy a more expensive set if I wanted them to last.
on August 14, 2013
We purchased this toy from Amazon over 6 months ago for a 4 year old's Chirstmas gift. It is still in good condition and still being played with unlike many other Christmas gifts. The Merida doll is one of the few "Barbie" type dolls that we have whose legs will allow for her to ride on a horse. She can also sit upright on the floor and her knees can bend slightly. I put her hair in a ponytail and it has held up well. The Angus Horse figure's mane comes with a plastic holder on it. I left that in place and it has kept the mane from being a tangled mess although it would be a choking hazard for smaller children should it come loose.
on October 31, 2013
I don't like the review to say we "hate it" but definitely not pleased! Merida is great, but the Angus is not! His main and tail fall out. In fact, our tail fell completely out! We called Matel and told them, they did replace it, but that one's tail is shedding out all over the place too... won't be long before that one has no tail either.
on March 2, 2016
I bought this gift for my granddaughter for Christmas, She loves it, The horse and doll were exactly as described and a good gift for any child that likes horses and are into the Disney character Merida and Angus. Our 4 year old grand daughter was so excited when she opened it up. Both the doll and horse are made very well and the set is adorable. I think any child that would get this as their gift would love it as much as our granddaughter does.
on December 29, 2012
Bought this for my daughter along with the Brave movie for Christmas. The horse and doll are a beautiful set. Merida's face, hair and outfit are all very pretty and good quality. The problem is with the horse. It is hollow and extremely cheap. One day while my daughter was playing with the horse, I noticed that one of the hairs was loose so I took a closer look. I tried to brush it out and with the very first stroke, the whole tail came out. It wasn't attached to anything and it had nothing on it to keep it in place. It was just a chunk of hair shove in there.

I would not recommend this at all. Buy a Merida doll independently and find a play horse somewhere else if you want a decent set for your child to play with.
on December 21, 2012
*Pre Christmas parent review* This brave (Merida) doll is so sweet, her fetures are so soft (her hair is in NO WAY the way it looks in the photo, more like the wild hair from the movie) and she looks younger than a barbie or even some of the other princess dolls. Not shorter, just not as mature, she still has a preteen/girl look to her. From what I can see, Angus does not bend or move, he is one solid piece of horse toy with brushable hair and NO BATTERIES!! This is a great toy for imagination and play. I will update a post christmas review with the outcome from the reciever
on December 15, 2012
I got this set primarily for Angus. This horse doll is one of the only ones made by Mattel that does not look girly (even Maximus from Tangled looked girly and he was NOT a girly horse). The Merida doll sit nicely on Angus, she has bendable knees to help her sit well and slit up the back of her dress. This product only got 4 stars because a) Merida's hair is rather flat, b) Angus has huge gaps on the inside of his legs, and c) Angus is too short in relation to Merida.
But for me those were fairly minor, I love the dolls and am quite pleased with them. =)
on January 7, 2013
This was ordered as a Christmas gift for my niece. I was happily surprised when it arrived to see that both the doll and horse were of good size ( doll is barbie-sized, and horse is also comparable to say.... "Dallas"/ Barbie horses). The quality and detail was nice......and when it was un-wrapped there was squeals of delight. Great for any kids into horses or the movie "Brave"---or even for an adult collector.
on January 31, 2013
comes out of the box looking pretty good...but if it's a toy for kids, it should be able to handle the rough play of kids...and it didn't...within a couple of days, the horse's mane and tail was missing...pulled out while being brushed
on December 26, 2012
I was disappointed in Angus. I thought he would be shofter and a little fuzzy. If you'd taken the hard plastic form and applied some fuzz to it he would have been perfect. BUT, my granddaughter loved it. So I guess that's what really matters.

See 1 answered question