Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing Learn more

on November 14, 2011
I purchased this as a birthday present for my granddaughter, who is Ariel obsessed. She was very disappointed that when you turn the skirt inside out, the "tail" is very "bunchy" - as she put it. I could have predicted that this would be the case, but once again, this is a case of the advertising draws in the children, only to disappoint them in the end.
on January 7, 2012
This seems like a good deal since you get the mermaid and princess outfit. However, it's bulky and the clothes are attached to the doll.

If I had it to do over, I'd buy a few outfits and the standard Ariel doll
on January 11, 2014
When you turn the dress to the ball gown side, the mermaid's tail flops down behind her in stead of staying up and hidden in the skirt. My 4 year old daughter is not pleased and has pretty much given up the doll. Other than that, a good doll and my daughter initially loved it.
on December 31, 2013
My daughter asked specifically for this doll, describing to me how Ariel goes from a Princess to a mermaid. I saw it at Barnes and Noble for $30 and knew it was a better price on Amazon so I ordered it right away. Upon opening, trying to switch from Ballgown to mermaid tail, I realized the tail was actually attached to the princess dress and it's fabric/part of the dress. I suppose it was a 2 in 1 Surprise! However, I can't help but feel a little misled. I thought that she would have a tail that could attach or something. On top of that, the dress cannot come off at all so Ariel only has the option of one princess gown or mermaid outfit. I feel like the price $22 ish was quite a lot for not a lot of options. Personally, I wouldn't buy this again.
on April 2, 2012
My 5 year old has been wanting the Ariel doll since her birthday in November but they were overpriced until recently. She LOVES the doll. Yes, the tail is bunchy when you switch - but I wouldn't expect the puffy dress to magically condense so I wasn't surprised. I think it's worth the $20 price, but not more.
on December 16, 2013
The hair was oddly greasy and the dress is hard to turn and Velcro for a five year old When the dress is turned to give Ariel a tail...she has the biggest hips and thighs ever. My daughter handed it to me and said....she doesn't look like THAT in the movie.... My daughter keeps her in the dress, which as previously stated is very pretty.
on September 12, 2013
I love the 2-in-1 idea of this outfit. For some reason, my daughter does not like the mermaid outfit so I would have been better off spending half the money and buying an Ariel doll that has only the pink dress. Overall, this is a nice doll though.
on October 16, 2013
I liked the concept of the doll, and it was sent on a timely manor. I just did not like that the dress does not come off and that when my sister tries to switch from dress to mermaid it does not look very good.
on January 13, 2013
This came in a large box in the mail. But the barbie box itself looked liked someone smashed it. I bought this for my little sister. she loved it.
on December 30, 2013
*hair "grew!" from original size to 5 times what it was in the first few minutes of coming out of the box... tangled and matted looking!
*dress/tail will not stay velcroed in the back
*tail hangs out when styled as a dress

wish i could send it back!

See 1 answered question