1 Review

2.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away At This Price, December 29, 2011
Jenn Shuey (South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney Princess Castle Table and Chair Set (Toy)
After spending $25 for another Disney table that fell apart after a few days of use I wasn't ready to spend so much to try the Disney Princess Castle Table and Chair Set, but I thought it was cute. I gave in when I found it on clearance for $10 at a local store. I'm so glad I didn't pay more than that as it wouldn't have been worth it.

Stacking the table and chairs into a tower does save a bit of space, but that's about it. I thought the tower would look cute in her Disney princess themed bedroom as decor, it has become a large set of blocks for my 2 year old to knock over constantly. The top of the tower is useless as it does nothing more than act as decoration at the top of the tower. We've had this table about 6 months now, and the flag at the top snapped in half within a matter of days.

As for sturdiness the table is very easy to tip over. Many plates of snacks, finger paints, etc have ended up in the floor because my daughter accidentally bumped into the table. The table can also be a bit difficult to put together. I have to stand on the upside down table top while I insert the base and apply pressure while turning it until it snaps into place. I also do not like the fact that the table top is the bottom of the base touching the floor. With hardwood and linoleum floors throughout this house this allows dirt to stick in the crack around the sticker (the image on the table top) that I can't get off no matter how hard I scrub the table. I've ever tried to blow the dirt out with the pressure washer without any success! We use a baby blanket as a tablecloth because I don't feel like it's very sanitary.

The chairs are too short even for my 2 year old whose height is in the 5th percentile, and the base of the table is so chunky she cannot slide her chair up with her legs under the table. The chairs are sturdy, but are barely large enough for my daughter. I can't see an older child fitting very comfortably.

If you find this table on clearance it's an okay table. Otherwise don't waste your money. There are much better tables out there for a much better price.

Disney Princess Castle Table and Chair Set