Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Tikes

VINE VOICEon November 11, 2010
My wife and I purchased a Disney branded TV set and matching DVD player several years ago and that product worked reliably. When it came time to purchase another TV for the children to play DVDs, we thought the Disney Princess TV with integrated DVD player would be an excellent choice.

We purchased the TV set for our daughter for Christmas 2009. When we initially opened the package, we were quite pleased. The remote is in the shape of a cool looking wand. The Princess scheme is very cute and girly.

When we set up the TV is when it did not seem so cool anymore. The first thing that popped up that I did not like was the fact the TV had no sleep timer on it. Second, the TV has no memory of the previous "input" that was used. The TV was only used to play DVDs, but each time we turned the TV on, we would have to change the mode to DVD. Not a big deal, but it did get annoying.

After about 4 months of use, we began noticing that the DVDs would sometimes be difficult to play. I tried running a lens cleaning disk through it and blowing compressed air into the DVD player, but the problem progressively got worse (the DVD player would only play certain DVDs without problems. Dora The Explorer DVDs worked the longest in it). Finally by month 6, the DVD player would not play any DVDs anymore. This necessitated us getting a cheap external DVD player and hooking it up to the AV jacks on the side.

The picture on the TV is good (by good, I mean the picture quality is better than the TV I have in my office that I bought in 1993 but not quite as nice as my LCD TV downstairs). The cheap $20 Magnavox DVD player I got from Wal-Mart has already lasted longer than the DVD player built into the TV.

I can not find the original manual, but I am fairly certain that the warranty on this TV is only 90 days. If you feel compelled to buy this TV, I'd check on the warranty length and I would buy any extended protection plan if available. Personally, I would recommend getting a different TV.
on December 31, 2013
I bought this tv for my toddler as a Christmas gift. Once it was set up on Christmas day the picture came on red with lines throughout. I called customer service and they sent out a new tv and I had to ship the broken one back. The new tv lasted long enough to play one dvd and then the same problem occurred. I would not recommend this purchase to anyone with toddlers as they don't understand when their stuff is broken.
on June 5, 2012
My daughter got this tv for Christmas. We loved it until 18 months later when, in the middle of a movie, we heard a loud pop and it stopped working. She was so upset and so was I! A tv should last longer than 18 months.