4.0 out of 5 stars Help your Favorite Princess in this 3DS game
I'm definitely not the type of person that the game marketers had in mind when they created this game. What I mean is this was not meant to be played by a mid-20 adult but I never liked to limit myself. As an avid fan of the Disney princesses, I had to give this game a shot.

Published 24 months ago by P. Romance

3.0 out of 5 stars It would be better if the avatar was able to run
Published 2 months ago by tallgirl416

4.0 out of 5 stars Help your Favorite Princess in this 3DS game, October 4, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Disney Princess: My FairyTale Adventure - Nintendo 3DS (Video Game)

PLOT: While gardening, a fairy godmother's apprentice was practicing some magical spells. Unfortunately, something went wrong and all the sprites turned into mischievous imps! They escaped into different worlds, creating havoc in each one. The apprentice must now go and save each world. Or the princesses will never have their happily-ever-after.

BASIC HANDLING: At the start, you were asked to create your female avatar. She will never be named. There were options to change her hairstyle, dress, accessories and jewelry. There wasn't much at the start. You will earn more as you progress through the game. If you change your mind about her appearance, you can always change it later. Then you began your story. On the lower screen, you can access the main menu (a book) to change your appearance, see your items and the story progression. There is a help button and an indicator of how many jewels you have procured. Controls were simple. I did find it annoying that they made the B button the main button and not A. Navigation was easy. It was impossible to get lost. There was a streaming light that travels next to you, to show you to the next destination. And a little extra that I have never seen before: After 30 minutes of playing, there will be a message to asked if you want to rest.

MAIN STORYLINE: Now, the main game play. The main point of this game was to go into different worlds and change all the imps into sprites once again. You will have access to 4 worlds at the start:

Belle
Rapunzel
Ariel
Cinderella

The 5th world, Tiana's, was only accessible after you finish the first 4. In each world, there are 2 chapters in all. Each chapter took about 1.5-2 hours apiece. In the first chapter, you began by talking with the princess in that world and help with the tasks that you are asked to do. When you finish all that can be done in that world, you will have the choice to exit at that point. When you get into chapter 2, the tasks get just a bit harder. There might be some tasks that can be difficult for the much younger set but all were doable with help, if needed. If you make a mistake, you get a chance to try again with no repercussions. And there was no real time limits. Even if the music seem rushed, relax and just do your best. When you are not helping your princesses out, you are at the fairy godmother's castle. You can tend to your garden, decorate your room, or buy more items for your wardrobe.

GRAPHICS/SOUND: The graphics were really good. However, the background was way better than the actual characters. The characters' edges were highlighted, which made the characters appear darker. Their movements were repetitive. The mouth movements don't always match the words they spoke. Their movements don't always match what they were saying either. Like when Belle was thanking you, she looked concerned and kept looking side to side. The voices were clear and well done. Some of the characters were probably not voiced by their original voice actresses, but were close enough that you wouldn't notice the difference. The background music was not memorable but match each world perfectly. It would've been great if the creators have used more familiar scores from their respective movies. The wording can be a bit small in the bottom screen. And for those who are just started to read, the words can be a bit daunting. You are going to rely heavily on listening than reading.

One major annoying thing to note: The narrator. If you are looking around for too long when you should be rushing to your next task, she will remind you every 5 minutes until you do. When you are at the castle tending to your garden, again she will remind me what you can do. Over and over again.

Would I recommend? Not at this price. If you can get this for $20 and lower, be my guest (pun not intended). For the amount of play time, storyline and hardware, this game is not worth the $40 price tag. This game is perfect for anyone over the age of 5. It all depends on the child, of course. For parents, get it if your kiddies asked for it. It's clean fun and teaches a good moral of helping others. Is there a lot of replay value? No. But it was good entertainment for a few hours and was seriously addictive. I managed to eke out 13+ hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Girls Nintendo DS Game Ever!!!!, October 4, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter loves this game. We got it as soon as it came out and she has not stopped playing it. The graphics are great! It is as good as a wii game or playstation game. Your little girl will not be disappointed with this game if she loves princesses. My daughter is 5 years old and is able to figure out how to play with a little help. The words are read aloud so you don't have to be able to read very well to play the game. I think this game is suitable for any age because an older girl would enjoy playing this as much as my 5 year old does. I would definitely recommend this game!

4.0 out of 5 stars Your daughters will love this., September 23, 2013
Haley Russell (Kansas City, MO) - See all my reviews
I'm a grown woman who just has a love of Disney, and I needed a 3D game for my 3DS. This game is obviously not targeted at my segment of the population, but I admit I had a good time. I played the whole thing in 6 hours, and I only know this because it would ask me to take a break every half hour (you can choose not to). The game itself is actually pretty hard because the combat (and I use that term loosely) is pretty hard for someone like my 3 year old niece, which I would say is the game's target audience. 5 years is probably the age that they have the dexterity and themes in mind.

My largest complaint is that there is only 1 level with Tiana, which I think would have been some really good platform type levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Princess Game, February 6, 2013
She got her new DS for her 7th birthday and I believe this may just be her favorite game. Great deal!

5.0 out of 5 stars very fun game, December 19, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
this game is fun and cute. graphics are great and i enjoyed playing this game even though i am older than thirty. i love video games and this was a good game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 30, 2013
Okay, I am an adult, so what?! I played this game for hours because it had that much play time! Much better than the Enchanted Journey for PlayStation! This game allows anyone to not only just run around and play with their avatar, it also allows them to do the puzzle games! I just wish that they made a Disney Princess game for adults so that it would be more challenging! But it is a great game for little girls.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, July 11, 2014
Nice

3.0 out of 5 stars It would be better if the avatar was able to run, July 10, 2014
I'm 27 but it was entertaining. There's no way a 4 year old knows what they're doing, even if their parents think they do. haha! It is very slow. I wish you could skip the parts where the Fairy Godmother keeps telling you over and over what to do. It would be better if the avatar was able to run, if there were more chapters and worlds to visit. And Tiana only had one chapter (the other princesses each have two), and her chapter was so short and simple, I couldn't believe it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 9, 2014