Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon October 4, 2012
I'm definitely not the type of person that the game marketers had in mind when they created this game. What I mean is this was not meant to be played by a mid-20 adult but I never liked to limit myself. As an avid fan of the Disney princesses, I had to give this game a shot.

PLOT: While gardening, a fairy godmother's apprentice was practicing some magical spells. Unfortunately, something went wrong and all the sprites turned into mischievous imps! They escaped into different worlds, creating havoc in each one. The apprentice must now go and save each world. Or the princesses will never have their happily-ever-after.

BASIC HANDLING: At the start, you were asked to create your female avatar. She will never be named. There were options to change her hairstyle, dress, accessories and jewelry. There wasn't much at the start. You will earn more as you progress through the game. If you change your mind about her appearance, you can always change it later. Then you began your story. On the lower screen, you can access the main menu (a book) to change your appearance, see your items and the story progression. There is a help button and an indicator of how many jewels you have procured. Controls were simple. I did find it annoying that they made the B button the main button and not A. Navigation was easy. It was impossible to get lost. There was a streaming light that travels next to you, to show you to the next destination. And a little extra that I have never seen before: After 30 minutes of playing, there will be a message to asked if you want to rest.

MAIN STORYLINE: Now, the main game play. The main point of this game was to go into different worlds and change all the imps into sprites once again. You will have access to 4 worlds at the start:

Belle
Rapunzel
Ariel
Cinderella

The 5th world, Tiana's, was only accessible after you finish the first 4. In each world, there are 2 chapters in all. Each chapter took about 1.5-2 hours apiece. In the first chapter, you began by talking with the princess in that world and help with the tasks that you are asked to do. When you finish all that can be done in that world, you will have the choice to exit at that point. When you get into chapter 2, the tasks get just a bit harder. There might be some tasks that can be difficult for the much younger set but all were doable with help, if needed. If you make a mistake, you get a chance to try again with no repercussions. And there was no real time limits. Even if the music seem rushed, relax and just do your best. When you are not helping your princesses out, you are at the fairy godmother's castle. You can tend to your garden, decorate your room, or buy more items for your wardrobe.

GRAPHICS/SOUND: The graphics were really good. However, the background was way better than the actual characters. The characters' edges were highlighted, which made the characters appear darker. Their movements were repetitive. The mouth movements don't always match the words they spoke. Their movements don't always match what they were saying either. Like when Belle was thanking you, she looked concerned and kept looking side to side. The voices were clear and well done. Some of the characters were probably not voiced by their original voice actresses, but were close enough that you wouldn't notice the difference. The background music was not memorable but match each world perfectly. It would've been great if the creators have used more familiar scores from their respective movies. The wording can be a bit small in the bottom screen. And for those who are just started to read, the words can be a bit daunting. You are going to rely heavily on listening than reading.

One major annoying thing to note: The narrator. If you are looking around for too long when you should be rushing to your next task, she will remind you every 5 minutes until you do. When you are at the castle tending to your garden, again she will remind me what you can do. Over and over again.

Would I recommend? Not at this price. If you can get this for $20 and lower, be my guest (pun not intended). For the amount of play time, storyline and hardware, this game is not worth the $40 price tag. This game is perfect for anyone over the age of 5. It all depends on the child, of course. For parents, get it if your kiddies asked for it. It's clean fun and teaches a good moral of helping others. Is there a lot of replay value? No. But it was good entertainment for a few hours and was seriously addictive. I managed to eke out 13+ hours.
on September 23, 2013
I'm a grown woman who just has a love of Disney, and I needed a 3D game for my 3DS. This game is obviously not targeted at my segment of the population, but I admit I had a good time. I played the whole thing in 6 hours, and I only know this because it would ask me to take a break every half hour (you can choose not to). The game itself is actually pretty hard because the combat (and I use that term loosely) is pretty hard for someone like my 3 year old niece, which I would say is the game's target audience. 5 years is probably the age that they have the dexterity and themes in mind.

My largest complaint is that there is only 1 level with Tiana, which I think would have been some really good platform type levels.
on October 4, 2012
My daughter loves this game. We got it as soon as it came out and she has not stopped playing it. The graphics are great! It is as good as a wii game or playstation game. Your little girl will not be disappointed with this game if she loves princesses. My daughter is 5 years old and is able to figure out how to play with a little help. The words are read aloud so you don't have to be able to read very well to play the game. I think this game is suitable for any age because an older girl would enjoy playing this as much as my 5 year old does. I would definitely recommend this game!
on July 10, 2014
I'm 27 but it was entertaining. There's no way a 4 year old knows what they're doing, even if their parents think they do. haha! It is very slow. I wish you could skip the parts where the Fairy Godmother keeps telling you over and over what to do. It would be better if the avatar was able to run, if there were more chapters and worlds to visit. And Tiana only had one chapter (the other princesses each have two), and her chapter was so short and simple, I couldn't believe it.
on December 30, 2013
Okay, I am an adult, so what?! I played this game for hours because it had that much play time! Much better than the Enchanted Journey for PlayStation! This game allows anyone to not only just run around and play with their avatar, it also allows them to do the puzzle games! I just wish that they made a Disney Princess game for adults so that it would be more challenging! But it is a great game for little girls.
on December 11, 2015
I love Disney movies but the game was just slightly too boring.
It did make me remember my love for every princess movie though and I immediately proceeded to watch all the movies.
Worth it.
on May 26, 2014
Bought this for my 6 year old and she enjoyed it thoroughly. In fact, her older sister by two years also enjoyed it. My only gripe is that it's short, so short that she completed the game in a week (spring break). They loved it otherwise.
on September 25, 2013
Our daughter loves this game. We own about 15 games and this is the only game she will play. She has beat the game twice and still loves. The scenery is beautiful, and being able to create your own princess and play her in the game is fabulous for girls into Disney Princesses. She also enjoys the game music which is well done, and has even asked me to turn off the radio in the car to listen to a song or two. I hope they release a sequel.
on April 18, 2013
My niece was 8 yrs old last month and likes to be as "Big" as her two older brothers, but she is still quite the sissy! She has her own 3-D Nintento, but would never play a fight game or a sports game. This delighted her immensely. It is easy to learn, and has not become old to her.
on January 3, 2013
I have not play with this game but I think that is not important because this game is for little girls and to my daughter love it... loves princess, love how it looks, and I see that she play a lot with this without boring so, conclusion, girls likes this game.

(Sorry for my english)