Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more

on September 23, 2012
This is solid Disney store product with the solid quality. Now I am sure you could use
little help with what are all those Merida costumes all about here on amazon as I also
got a headache just looking at them.

Be careful what you are buying. there are tons of Merida costumes out there and
they all seem alike on the pictures.
Here is what you need to know:
All merida costumes do come in two colors : dark green and turqoise blue, all of them.
REason being - the princess wears two costumes in the movie so ther you have it.
Now: within each color you can find basically two or three levels of quality.
Top quality will be your disney store costumes- they will be all over amazon or other places like eebay and they will be more expensive then all others.
How to tell them apart form others aside from the price? The dark green one has lots of more gold then the basic ones, it has lots of more embroidery on the torso and it has pleted skirt with sort of openning on the front. Other cheaper versions do come with plain torso and little golden accents on the sleeves.

The other - the torquoise blue by Disney store will be actually opossite - you can tell it by plain torso no embroidery of any kind but just velour fabric, but the golden accetns on the sleeve ends iwll be wider. So wiill be the end of the skirt, very wide golden border. The costume is also much longer then cheap version.

So what you are buying here is a solid Disney Store authentic product. In other words one of the top two Merida Costumes that were ever made - this and the other one, dark green Disney store one.

How do I rate this one, it is solid and good quality for Merida costume. It is cute and well made.
It lacks the spectacularity and awsomness of the LImited Edition Snow White costume - the most beautiful costume of all times and ever made by Disney company but hey that is Snow White and it is a classic. My daughter saw both Merida costumes at Disney store and she picked the green one as it fitted her better however when came to what she will wear for Halloween she decided that the Merida costumes are too basic and too plain for her so she is going to do her Limited Editon Snow White costume because she knows she will be totally unique. That one was so few ever made that we have never seen anyone wearing it anywhere even on events such as Disney on Ice where tons of girls wear all kinds of costumes. My little one was a head turner in her Snow White Limited Edition costume.
She was so proud. So, Disney did not release the LImited edition Merida costume apparently. Probably because princess is bit young and older girls definitely do not go for green :) anything as it odes not do much for most girls' complexion. Very difficult color to look good with, especially if you don't have a real red hair to go with as the wig.. hm, the wig. Another story :) Little kid will not wear the wig long as they tend to be itchy, heavy, hot and they do get croocked when you go trick or treating. We tried it once ago with a Little Mermaid and it was a disaster. Never more wigs.
Overall the costume is solid and if Merida is what you are after then get either this or the Dark green from Disney store. They are here pirce in the higher numbers on amazon so you can easily tell them apart. If not read my specific reviews as I tried to help as much as I could as I have been through this process myself having a headache to sort thorugh the cosutme to decide.

So there you have it.. read my reviews of specific costumes as I did diligent research on all of them and compare them individually per costume as it was tedious process to pick a best for my daughter so now I have this knowledge and nothign to do with it so I share it with you ;:) Why no voting buttons? We don't let customers vote on their own reviews, so the voting buttons appear only when you look at reviews submitted by others. Permalink
Comment Comment
on November 22, 2012
We received the wrong dress- the emerald green Merida dress instead. Although, this light aqua dress is the one we ordered. However, once our four year old saw it, she wouldn't part with it, so we had to keep it! It was very pretty and fit well. If we'd received the correct dress, I would've given it 5 stars.