Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Disney Princess Merida's Adventure Dress
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on September 23, 2012
Be careful what you are buying. there are tons of Merida costumes out there and
they all seem alike on the pictures.
Here is what you need to know:
All merida costumes do come in two colors : dark green and turqoise blue, all of them.
REason being - the princess wears two costumes in the movie so ther you have it.
Now: within each color you can find basically two or three levels of quality.
Top quality will be your disney store costumes- they will be all over amazon or other places like eebay and they will be more expensive then all others.
How to tell them apart form others aside from the price? The dark green one has lots of more gold then the basic ones, it has lots of more embroidery on the torso and it has pleted skirt with sort of openning on the front. Other cheaper versions do come with plain torso and little golden accents on the sleeves.

The other - the torquoise blue by Disney store will be actually opossite - you can tell it by plain torso no embroidery of any kind but just velour fabric, but the golden accetns on the sleeve ends iwll be wider. So wiill be the end of the skirt, very wide golden border. The costume is also much longer then cheap version.

What you are getting here is a cheap and basic version of the dark green costume. It is also made by disney but it is only Disney licensed as opposed to be Disney made and distrubted by Disney stores only.

So there you have it.. read my reviews of specific costumes as I did diligent research on all of them and compare them individually per costume as it was tedious process to pick a best for my daughter so now I have this knowledge and nothign to do with it so I share it with you ;:)
11 comment|69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 5, 2014
After looking at several Merida dresses with my almost-four year old niece, we opted for this one. Completely my fault, but I missed the "glitter tulle" part of the description. The "elaborate gold glitter pattern" isn't actually gold, but turquoise glitter and it gets everywhere. Even if I didn't have such a profound hatred of glitter tulle (after making a dozen skirts out of the stuff for her last birthday party), I'd still knock it down to four stars for this trait.

Otherwise, the dress is awesome. She is right in the 6-6x sizes so I was concerned it would be too small or at least tight. In her words "it fits my body just right!" There is enough room that she can get into it herself (but not do up the Velcro in the back of course). She'll be able to get some good use out of it before she outgrows it. At $15 dollars, it is a good deal for this type of dress, especially for a Disney one. Even if it didn't have the glitter, it is an elaborate gown with several different fabrics and accents that make it even more authentic for her.

I'd just recommend taking it outside and trying to shake/brush/scrape off as much of the excess glitter as possible before allowing it in the house.
on May 25, 2013
Princess Merida's dress is cute. Color is vibrant. Educational in that it is great for imaginative play. Recommended for any child who likes to dress up as a Princess. Quality is fair as in all Disney costumes. This one is extremely HOT. My granddaughter who lives in Hawaii can not wear this dress. She had to get the short sleeve light blue dress because she really wanted to 'be' Merida, but could not keep the dress on for more than a few minutes. recommended for those not living in warm climates. Price is very high considering quality.
on May 30, 2014
Don't buy this dress unless you and your child want to be covered in fine blue glitter. It is hard to clean up because it is so fine. Luckily I had also bought my four year old the light blue Merida dress. We are very happy with that one. It also has shorter sleeves that fit her better than this one.
on December 5, 2015
It's blue and not green like the movie Merida's. If you are looking for something close to the movie, this is not it. My little girl only wore this twice. The very first time she wore it the whole side came out. The fit was a little big for my three year old. She only weighs 30 pound and 37 inches tall. I had to sew up the side on my machine with reinforced stitches. It held after that. However the the skirt is really rough and picked the sleeves pretty badly after the first ten minutes of wear. It served the purpose and I think she will wear it a little more before we have to toss it.
review image review image
on September 1, 2015
This dress made was a must buy after my toddler saw Disney's Brave for the first time. It is very well made and looks just like the dress Merida wore in the movie (minus the glitter) lol. This dress is very well made and I ended up buying it a size bigger, so she can get many uses out of it. I highly recommend this dress for any little girl!
on July 31, 2014
This is a very pretty dress, and good quality. There are a few "costume" elements to it such as velcro closure in the back and serged edges, but this is not a cheep-o costume.

Make sure you're okay with getting glitter everywhere before you get this, though. It doesn't bug me. However, after admiring herself, my little girl also enjoyed tormenting her brother with getting glitter all over his room.

I'd say the size is great for a 3-5 year-old. Six might be pushing it unless she's small.
on January 14, 2015
My granddaughters love to play dress-up so I bought several sets of the movie-of-the-moment dress-up clothes for them to play in. This dress seems well made and like it will hold-up under hours of play. It has a lot of glitter on it so, I have blue glitter on most everything, but guess it couldn't be helped.
on April 7, 2014
Bought this for my daughter to go to Medieval Times for her birthday memory. It was very pretty. I got the 4-6 and it seems that this item runs small. She is very petite at 6, and this dress will just last her a few months. For a play dress, it is very pretty. If you are buying it for a more formal reason, buy the other version of the Disney Merida dress.
on January 27, 2015
This is really cute. My 4 y/o has to wear something underneath it because it is "too scratchy". I don't mind this so much, because the price was right and she loves it, but if your kid has a tactile defensive thing going on, you might want to invest in a nicer one.