Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 29, 2001
My children have listened to this album (we had it on tape) for years as they were growing up. I'm now replacing it with the CD. My oldest is 12 and youngest is 6 and we all still enjoy listening to this silly music. The songs are singable, and funny, and a great time for kids of all ages. Good clean fun.
The idea here is to tickle the ribs of little kids by putting together twenty of the world's wackiest songs and have Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and other Disney cartoon characters make their appearance throughout the album. For example, doing "Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay!" Mickey and Goofy exchange some bad jokes. A few of the songs have actually appeared in Disney movies, such as "When I See an Elephant Fly" from "Dumbo," which is given a different interpretation by a "teacher." Some of the songs are sung by a group of kids, but most are done by adults singing solo, usually with vocal affectations (e.g., "Little Bunny Foo Foo"). If you little ones have never heard these songs, then "Silly Songs" is certainly one way of providing an introduction. Every kid should know the words to "I'm My Own Grandpaw," "A Peatnut Sat on a Railraod Track," "Three Little Fishies," "There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea" and the classic "Be Kind to Your Web-footed Friends" (with all due apologies to John Phillip Sousa--and do I really have to tell you who sings this one?). Parents should just look over the playlist and if you know these songs then your kids should too, and it is probably better if they learn then from this record then having to endure you teaching them "Boom, Boom, Ain't It Great to Be Crazy?" Besides, think how their jaws will drop when they find out you already know the words when they try to teach YOU.
on September 30, 2004
I had this "album" on cassette when my son was a baby almost 14 years ago. Expecting another child soon and went looking for it again, along with the Disney Lullaby CD; my teenager still remembers these songs fondly,and I can't wait to share them with our new little one. Tip: put this CD on when you're changing your child and sing to him/her; keeps them fascinated (and still!)
on April 18, 2002
We have had the tape of these songs for a few years, and have worn it out completely, so I was very happy to find it here. These, and even more so the More Silly Songs CD, are great for killing time in the car and for sing alongs. On our drives from Columbus GA to Atlanta, we would play these over and over and sing at the top of our lungs. Great memories...
on December 11, 2015
It is good, but they have changed the words on a number of songs to make them PC. Like "kissing on the head" instead of "bopping them on the head", which is the way it was written. Grandson likes it quite well though. Extremely reasonably priced.
on March 10, 2016
The Mickey Mouse cover is misleading because there are only very few songs sang by Disney characters. And if they are sang by Mickey or Goofy, the voices do not sound authentic. Also, my toddlers couldn't relate to the songs in the CD at first. But they have grown to love some of it so I am giving this 3 stars.
on December 11, 2015
My son loves the songs that have the Disney characters sing along on. Many CD's have the characters on the cover, but then they aren't participating in anyway within the CD. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars is that I (and my son) wish there were more songs sung by the Disney characters, but it still has some which is better than none.
on April 19, 2016
Got this for our son's first birthday and he really likes the songs. He dances to them and I'll admit I like a few of them too. They get stuck in your head haha.

The song I like least is "I am my own grandpaw" Seems a little strange for kids. It's not vulgar or anything, but it explains in the song HOW he is his own grandpaw. Kids wouldn't really understand it, and it's funny to me, but I listened to it through once and haven't played it since.

The other songs are happy and funny. I would buy it again.
on March 1, 2016
My 2 year old son received a boom box karaoke machine for Christmas so I bought this to go along with it.he loves Mickey mouse and the silly songs on this CD. He can recognize the voices of Mickey goofy Minnie and daisy. He has so much fun trying to sing along a and laugh at the voices.
on June 10, 2013
This is a nice cd. I definitely think that the songs improve as they go along, because I would rate the first songs on the cd as "just ok" and the songs toward the end of the cd as "good." But for the price, it was a nice addition to our collection.