Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Format: Audio CDChange

on July 29, 2001
My children have listened to this album (we had it on tape) for years as they were growing up. I'm now replacing it with the CD. My oldest is 12 and youngest is 6 and we all still enjoy listening to this silly music. The songs are singable, and funny, and a great time for kids of all ages. Good clean fun.
22 comments32 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The idea here is to tickle the ribs of little kids by putting together twenty of the world's wackiest songs and have Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, and other Disney cartoon characters make their appearance throughout the album. For example, doing "Ta Ra Ra Boom De Ay!" Mickey and Goofy exchange some bad jokes. A few of the songs have actually appeared in Disney movies, such as "When I See an Elephant Fly" from "Dumbo," which is given a different interpretation by a "teacher." Some of the songs are sung by a group of kids, but most are done by adults singing solo, usually with vocal affectations (e.g., "Little Bunny Foo Foo"). If you little ones have never heard these songs, then "Silly Songs" is certainly one way of providing an introduction. Every kid should know the words to "I'm My Own Grandpaw," "A Peatnut Sat on a Railraod Track," "Three Little Fishies," "There's a Hole in the Bottom of the Sea" and the classic "Be Kind to Your Web-footed Friends" (with all due apologies to John Phillip Sousa--and do I really have to tell you who sings this one?). Parents should just look over the playlist and if you know these songs then your kids should too, and it is probably better if they learn then from this record then having to endure you teaching them "Boom, Boom, Ain't It Great to Be Crazy?" Besides, think how their jaws will drop when they find out you already know the words when they try to teach YOU.
0Comment38 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2002
We have had the tape of these songs for a few years, and have worn it out completely, so I was very happy to find it here. These, and even more so the More Silly Songs CD, are great for killing time in the car and for sing alongs. On our drives from Columbus GA to Atlanta, we would play these over and over and sing at the top of our lungs. Great memories...
on September 30, 2004
I had this "album" on cassette when my son was a baby almost 14 years ago. Expecting another child soon and went looking for it again, along with the Disney Lullaby CD; my teenager still remembers these songs fondly,and I can't wait to share them with our new little one. Tip: put this CD on when you're changing your child and sing to him/her; keeps them fascinated (and still!)
on June 22, 2000
My 8 year old received this when she was about 2, we LOVED it! It was lost a couple of years ago and now I have a 16 month old whom I am ordering it again for. I am SO happy I found it again. Great songs, lots of fun!
on December 8, 2001
My 3 yr old loves to go to grammy's house where this is requested every visit. We put this on and she dances around the house. Silly & Fun for young kids.
on November 8, 2006
I had the casette tape of silly songs when I was a kid. Ever since my son was born, I have looked for it every time we went out. Finally broke down and bought it here. I can't wait til it arrives.

"Give me a pizza with everything on it"

"EVERYTHING?"
on September 3, 2014
My son is into Mickey. Sadly this CD was kind of boring. I don't like the songs where it's really just someone talking. I would say out of 20 songs, my toddler and I really only have five favorites which really bring smiles to our faces.
on December 21, 1999
This is a terrific album. I've bought it dozen's of times & it is always a hit with young children who like its high energy and fun music. It has a good mix of both old favorites and new material.
on March 9, 2003
I had this album on vinyl when I was little and I wore it out! This is a GREAT album for children; really works the imagination.