4.0 out of 5 stars Disney Mix Stick
Disney Mix Stick High School MusicalGot this for my niece (9 years old) she loves it...I recommend it as a starter ipod!
Published on September 22, 2008 by Karen L. Czar

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, but overpriced for functionality
The Disney Mix Stick is a great product for kids in that it is indestructible and allows for quick insertion of new albums via the chips. (Never used the dedicated albums but seems like a good feature if the chip doesn't get lost.) It is easy to use for our 5 - 7 year olds for them to charge themselves and listen, but not to load songs.

The only drawback to the...
Published on December 27, 2007 by J. Walhs

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for kids, but overpriced for functionality, December 27, 2007
J. Walhs "jw" (Alexandria, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney Mix Stick High School Musical (Electronics)

The only drawback to the mix stick is the price vs. functionality. Without a display (similar to the Apple iPod Shuffle) you can not tell what songs are playing or easily shift to a specific song. There are lots of other MP3's with similar or better functionality for less so it gets down to how much for durability and the Disney brand name. (Clearly for us we are suckers for a brand so we made the decision for the stick...)

4.0 out of 5 stars Disney Mix Stick, September 22, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful bargain, January 12, 2009
Monica Johnson (Hampton, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney Mix Stick High School Musical (Electronics)
My 6 year got this for xmas and she absolutely loves it. I originally bought a plain mp3 for $30 and I am so glad I returned it and bought this one for half the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work! Don't waste your money!, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Disney Mix Stick High School Musical (Electronics)
If i could rate this a ZERO I would!
I guess it is more on me though...the other reviews pretty much ALL mentioned that it didn't work. So, I knew I was taking a gamble. However, it would have been soooooooooooo perfect for my 7 year old daughter. Way too young for an IPod-not sure I'll ever get one for her b/c of the cost. and a little too young for a regular mp3 player-those are a little expensive too.
However, that is what we ended up with b/c this didn't work.
It acted like it wanted to work...it plugged in and looked like it was charging...light came on, just like the mini manual said it would. However, when I plugged in the ear buds and tried to push play...nothing happened.
I even tried charging it multiple times...but nothing happened.
On top of that....
The mini disc that comes with it, to get the program downloaded onto you computer to put music on the device...the link no longer worked.
Pretty sad when I JUST purchased this within the last month and I cannot even download the program I need to fully use it.
I didn't get the chance to try syncing music from Windows Media Player, like I do with my other mp3 players...however I do believe WMP saw the stick.
It was fairly easy to get my refund...however I had to explain it to the reps about 5 times...AND I was transferred 3 times!
I think I only wasted about 3 hours with chat....that's pretty good though comparably. Luckily it was only $9 for the stick...however I also purchased 2 chips, at $4 a piece.
DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!
Just get him/her an mp3 player of their very own.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't turn on., December 20, 2013
This review is from: Disney Mix Stick High School Musical (Electronics)
We unpacked it and charged it as instructed but the thing wouldn't turn on. Very frustrating, from other reviews I knew I was taking a gamble getting it and looks like I lost.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, December 11, 2013
This review is from: Disney Mix Stick High School Musical (Electronics)
neither one would charge could not get them to work stay away you will only waste you money buyer beware

2.0 out of 5 stars Skip this and buy a Sandisc or Eclipse, December 4, 2013
JMS (Naperville, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney Mix Stick High School Musical (Electronics)
Bought one of these to test as a possible music solution for my kids. I can't believe that I'm rating a Disney product poorly, but it was hard to operate and stopped recharging after a week of use. Now I think I know why these were so cheap and seem to be going the way of the dodo bird.

Have since replaced with Sandisc Sansa and Eclipse models. They may not be as "cute" as this model, but they are inexpensive but work really well and have a surprising amount of functionality (and, I can always take a paint pen and tattoo a MM icon on them).

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work!!!, May 25, 2013
This review is from: Disney Mix Stick High School Musical (Electronics)
I have ordered 2 of these Mix Sticks, and neither one would charge or hold a charge.
Do not waste your money or your time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for young kids, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Disney Mix Stick High School Musical (Electronics)
Got this mp3 for my son for Christmas, his is actually the pirates mix stick, he is enjoying it very much. Holds lots of music and takes iTunes downloads. I love the fact that it works like a jump drive so there is no cords or anything for him to hassle with when he needs to charge it

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great, December 22, 2009
This review is from: Disney Mix Stick High School Musical (Electronics)
My daughted likes how it sounds but the problem is that you can not change the songs in order, it mix them.

Disney Mix Stick High School Musical