100 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Shop Costumes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote Grocery Introducing Handmade New Kitchen Scale from AmazonBasics Amazon Gift Card Offer redoaks redoaks redoaks  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing STEM Toys & Games

on September 10, 2011
We did extensive research when deciding on the perfect Power Wheels for our 3 yr old birthday boy! He had outgrown his first powerwheels, (a 6 volt Kawasaki Quad) so we were hoping to find one that could last another 2 years (or more).

What we were looking for:
It had to be a good all-terrain ride that could handle grass or pavement, and it had to have at least 2 speeds and reverse.

After a lot of research, we had narrowed it down to 3 power wheels: we considered the Jeep Hurricane, John Deere Gator, and this one (each one was a contender for different reasons).
Out of the 3, this was the only one that didn't have a 12 volt battery, and typically a 6 volt battery has one speed (slow, 2 mph) so we really thought long and hard about this one. We were worried that it wouldn't be fast enough as he got older, it also didn't have the 2nd seat for his baby sister, it also didn't offer the specialty terrain wheels as the other two, nor quite as much speed (the others 5 mph, this 3.5 mph).

Considering these comparisons, we almost went with the others! The main reason we kept coming back to this one was that it was McQueen and our son LOVES McQueen! So we gave consideration to: that it offered more power than a standard 6 volt (this being a super 6 volt) and more speed, so we decided to try it (but with a store that offered a good return policy, just in case)...
I am happy to report we are thrilled with the speed and performance of this powerwheels! It handles grass (even wet/damp grass) without losing traction, can go over changes like where the grass meets a paved walkway without getting stuck (performance problems in MANY power wheels that we ruled out early on). It also has some buttons located on the steering wheel that make McQueen sounds/voice- my son really gets a kick out of that! It was also very easy for him to learn- it took a little practice, but the first day he was handling 3-point turns without any problems (our riding area is pretty small). I think it is the cutest thing that the shifter looks 'kind of like a stick shift'- it makes my son look like a big boy driving a real car! Battery life is pretty much like our other power wheels, we get a good long day's ride in one charge and we charge it after each use (even if it still has some charge left) as recommeded by the user manual, so it is always ready to go the next day! This is much smaller than the other 2 we considered, which makes it easier for storing in the garage. Bottom line my son LOVES this car, which is the most important thing!

Please note: if you are considering purchasing this car, there are 2 different McQueen Power Wheels (both with 6 volt batteries) one is very small and more baby-ish (perfect for the 1-2 yr old crowd), and this one is significantly bigger with the super 6 volt (perfect for the 2.5 yr old crowd and up to probably 5). There are big differences between the 2 cars, and I wouldn't want someone to make a mistake a purchase the wrong size. The price difference is noticable between the 2 also, as this one costs more.

One other thing to note: the first battery charge takes FOREVER (I think it was 18 hours) so I was glad that someone suggested to me to assemble and charge the battery the day before you give it to your child- so that when they receive it- McQueen is ready to race!

McQueen Powerwheels= $350.00
Reaction from our son= Priceless!

Oh I did notice the price for this on Amazon is pretty fussy (fluctuating way up and down). Walmart also carries this car, and Walmart has a pretty reasonable everyday price on these. They came out with a Cars 2 version of McQueen (after we bought ours), personally I like this one better but I don't think the stores carry it anymore. Honestly the differences don't appear worth the crazy price difference to get this- the "retired" original- so you might want to look at the new one (it is the same car, just different design on the graphics, and the spoiler is a little different).
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on August 21, 2010
Well,first when i got it i found it a little bit cheap ..power wheel could have made a much better lightning mcqueen with more options and more durability..but my son looove it and who wouldn't ..it's lightning mcqueen!!
So i gave 3/5..because i paid about 500$(price + shipping in canada)and it's doesn't worth it ..it worth 200$
Sorry for my english..

christina :)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again