Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

Platform: Nintendo DS|Change

on January 9, 2011
My 7 year old daughter received this gift for Christmas. Let me start by saying that some children are better gamers than others, and my daughter isn't one of them. She does well with games that have clear instructions. This game as been frustrating to her to the point that she doesn't want to play it anymore. When I went to help her, I understood why she was having difficulty. The game is played with the assumption that you know what they are talking about. We finally went to the Nintendo DS sight/Tangled help page. That was very helpful.
This game should be easier for the target audience that it is supposed to be geared toward.
on December 27, 2010
This game is reading intensive! Instructions are not very clear and nothing is read out loud by the game, but the objectives and mini-games are repetitive enough that once the player gets it figured out they can pretty much play without having to read each line. Despite initial frustrations figuring out the objectives, my 6 year old has grown to love this game. Mini-games are repetitive variations on themes: comb Rapunzel's hair, befriend animals (by duplicating stylus gestures or blowing into microphone), arrange puzzle pieces to complete the picture, repeat the musical/color sequence, catch objects and drag them to the collection point, walk Rapunzel around the screen to pick up objects without walking over her hair, paint the picture, etc. One nice thing about this game is there is no time limit so younger gamers are not frustrated by racing against a clock to complete their actions. Player collects Sun Drops as they explore the world. The only thing the Sun Drops are used for is to buy your way out of having to play a mini-game *before* the game begins; once a mini-game is initiated it must be successfully completed before you can proceed with the story. Overall, a decent game for the younger gamer if they have patience and persistence.
on December 12, 2010
This product is not user friendly we bought for our 5 year old and I am 44 years old and cannot figure it out. It tells you to do things but fails to tell you how to do them. It states talk to Flynn but you have no clue of how to do that.
A very difficult and cumbersome game for a child.
55 comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2011
My granddaughter wanted this game for her birthday, but after reading some of the reviews, I was hesitant to purchase it. However, I did order the game and as it turns out, my eight year old granddaughter put it in her DS and the rest is history. She had no problems what-so-ever playing the game....plays it all the time, and loves it.
on August 14, 2014
My daughter is 8yrs old and has no trouble with reading the directions, etc. as other reviews stated but it hasn't quite kept her attention like some of her other games either. She plays it and says she really likes it but doesn't stick with it for too long at a time. Though it could just be her as she doesn't play many video games anyways.
on March 21, 2016
The description says for kids 6-11 but this is only true if they aren't gamers. My 8 year old was completely bored with this after having played many other games. My 5 year old however started playing it and she seems to like it. The graphics aren't that great and some of the scenes and games are repetitive and not in a fun way imo.
on April 26, 2015
This game was fun, but it is very clear it was only designed to be played by right handed people which makes it very inconvenient for me. Just be warned that it's a little difficult for the silent minority.
on September 17, 2011
This game is not user friendly for younger children (5 to 8 years of age), and it will get them quite frustrated pretty quickly. I guess this poorly conceived game was rushed to market in order to coincide with the movie release. My seven-year-old twin granddaughters quickly threw this game aside for the other game that I'd purchased for them (Let's Draw); they're having endless hours of fun playing games while sharpening their drawing and coloring skills with that game, which I'd also purchased from Amazon.
I bought this for sale here on Amazon.

My 8 yo daughter has enjoyed it but its more on the level of a Gameboy Advance game than a DS game.

There are only 10 chapters, and my daughter finished chapter three after a very short time. Maybe 40 minutes.

I was not very happy that it had a "memory" game, this is very old and tired. I suppose it has some life left in it for the littlest children. But, really, its so uninspired. And you have to play it in chapter 78 also.

Other mini games, like the hair brush mini game, get even more time: you have to play it 5 times. You gather hair brushes during the game to help do this. But there is a lot of repetition.

Its a nice little game if you can get it cheaply enough. Maybe its the sort of thing you can buy for a car or plane trip. I don't think it will be anyone's favorite game, but, its amusing enough.
on September 4, 2014
Easy game, def meant for kids. It does have some places where it lacks descriptions on what your supposed to do. If you get stuck just google what your question is and find a game site that will walk you through.