4.0 out of 5 stars A Tangled Good Time for Families!
Disney Tangled, a review by a seven year-old.

What Do You Do In the Game?
You try to get Rapunzel back to the Castle where she belongs.You do games to help people in the game like helping Tor protect his flowers in Flower Defense.

What Do Flynn and Rapunzel Do in the Game?
Flynn can knock out the bad guys and they disappear with a sword...
Published on December 10, 2010 by George H. Taylor Jr.

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating and disappointing
Published on January 1, 2011 by Mom of twins

4.0 out of 5 stars A Tangled Good Time for Families!, December 10, 2010
This review is from: Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
Disney Tangled, a review by a seven year-old.

What Do You Do In the Game?

What Do Flynn and Rapunzel Do in the Game?
Flynn can knock out the bad guys and they disappear with a sword. Flynn can cut down the thistles so Rapunzel can get through. Rapunzel uses a frying pan to knock them out. Rapunzel can grow flowers to find insects, birds and flowers. Then she draws them in her book. She uses her hair to swing to get into places and help Flynn climb up.

Who Will Like this Game?
Both boys and girls can play. Dads and moms will like playing too.

Why Will Boys Like this Game?
Because Flynn is fun. The mini-games are fun. When I played with my dad, he was Flynn and I was Rapunzel and it was still a lot of fun!

Will Girls Like the Game?
Yes, of course they would!

A Parent's Perspective
We are a gaming family. We have two Xbox 360s, a Nintendo Wii, two DSI XLs and several computers. Our kids have grown up with games and they are a part of our family time. We love multiplayer games that foster a sense of adventure and teamwork. Surprisingly, this game excels in the area of cooperative play. The characters have different skills and you need both to complete the level. Also, each character collects a different item: Flynn grabs coins and Rapunzel picks up sundrops. I loved this! There was no competition to get the items before your partner did. The coins and sundrops also act as your health. When you stun an enemy they lose coins and sundrops; conversely, your character loses coins or sundrops if you get stunned or knocked down.

Most co-op games inspire a bit of evil camaraderie. Disney Tangled is a true co-op game. When your characters wander two far away from each other, the screen splits and magically merges back when you get close. It was disorienting at first, but made the gameplay that much better. It is really a good setup for parents and young children to play together. If the kids get stuck, you can guide them or switch characters on-the-fly to get out of a jam. We have played "family-style" games before where one person got left behind and their character died. It was very frustrating. With Tangled, we never got stuck or lost. We just followed the coins/sundrops and looked for places for Rapunzel to let down her hair!

There were many interesting and simply mini-games, like painting!

Most of the gameplay is split into two major types: sidescrolling levels and mini-quests. The mini-quests can get fairly redundant, but should keep most younger children engaged. (You know...go get this cup and I will give you the key, etc.) The graphics are well done and look similar to the film. The cutscenes are very enjoyable and follow the artwork that Rapunzel did in the films. You can also play the game with or without the nunchuk attachment.

This review appeard originally at [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent game for adult + child cooperative play, April 25, 2011
This review is from: Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My five-year-old girl and I play this game together. She had absolutely no problem figuring out how to get the game started and often plays alone. The first time I played, on the other hand, I spent a minute clicking on the initial screen before I figured out how to leave Rapunzel's tower and start the game proper.

She loves the game, and I love the fact that the cooperative mode lacks much of what makes other cooperative games frustrating.

Violence: Flynn uses his sword and Rapunzel uses her frying pan to knock out soldiers who then peacefully go "ZZZZZZZ".

Language: If you are offended by the word "Blondie," then this game is not for you. Otherwise, there is no objectionable language.

Replayability: As you progress through the game, you have the option of looking for certain collectible items. Once you have the items, they show up in your collection which you can access in Rapunzel's tower. You can replay each level as often as you wish to look for the collectibles.

In the game, you can play as either Rapunzel or Flynn. In cooperative mode, you can switch which character you are playing (if your partner agrees by pushing the correct button). There is also a "hand-holding" mode, which is supposed to be for adults to use to guide kids through a difficult section. I don't know if it works because my five-year-old girl never needed it!

Many games have a cooperative two-player mode, but this game takes it a step further. First, there is no competition. In many games, the first one to pick up the special coin or gem gets it, which can lead to a lot racing around the screen to get more than your partner. In this game, only Rapunzel can pick up sundrops, and only Flynn can pick up coins. Some levels seem to have more sundrops, and some levels seem to have more coins, but I guess it evens out in the long run.

Second, sometimes you need the other character to advance. For example, one player must stand on the "down" end of a see-saw, and the other character must jump on the "up" end to catapult the first player to the top of a cliff. The game strongly encourages true cooperation with your partner, and as a parent, I really like that.

One of the most frustrating things about cooperative play in some games is that both players are stuck on the same screen. If one player wants to move left, and the other player wants to move right, neither player can move. Some games use a permanent "split-screen" to get around this, but this usually means that each player can see less, since there is less screen space for each player. "Tangled" actually uses both methods. When the players are close together, there is a single screen. When they move apart from each other, the screen splits to follow each player. The transition is seamless and works beautifully. When you are playing a game with a five-year-old who does not always take kindly to instructions, you can appreciate why this is such an awesome feature!

The graphics aren't especially impressive, and an adult will almost certainly find the gameplay somewhat repetitive, but this is a great game for a parent and young child to share.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Game!, February 12, 2011
This review is from: Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My three older girls - ages 11, 8, and 6 - really like this game. They finished the game pretty quickly but they like to go back and play the areas that they have already completed over and over.

The only reason I'm giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because when they first started playing it was very difficult to figure out what they were supposed to do. Most games for younger kids have pretty clear directions but this game had NOTHING in the way of instructions. It was frustrating at first but once they figured it out they have really been enjoying it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating and disappointing, January 1, 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My children (twins, one boy and one girl,age 6) received this game as a Christmas gift. They have seen the movie and loved it, so I thought the game would be a big hit. However, this game is incredibly frustrating to both of them. First of all, to figure out how to even access the game, I had to get online to get the full manual and instructions because the instructions that come inside the game box are very scant, giving no clue how to even start the game. We would have been stuck in the castle and on the map eternally if the online instructions had not been available. Once we got into the game, my children were continually frustrated because you just run around collecting coins, without any way to know if you are heading in the right direction to get to the end of the path. During the journey, there are points where Flynn must rely on Rapunzel to climb up her hair, but you are given NO instructions on how to make that happen. We tried every button on the remotes, and I searched both the online instruction manual and the instructions that come inside the game, with neither one giving us any help. I finally had to just put it away because they were so frustrated trying to figure it out. My opinion is that this game is not worth the money or the time.

4.0 out of 5 stars The most played game on my family's Wii, February 9, 2011
This review is from: Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I bought this game as a gift from my 4 1/2 year old to my Wife for Christmas becuase they both loved the movie so much. Now we are not real gamers but we play games now and then. My 4 year loves it. In fact the whole family has fun with it. It really brings you into the story and gameplay is real simple but fun. The motion controls are few and simple (so simple a 4 year can get the hang of it after a few times). The Snuggly Duckling level is great. And I though it was a nice Disney touch that when you fight human enemies you just knock them out and they fall asleep. The graphics, sound effects and music are excellent. I only wish it was longer and that it didn't stall so much between loading scenes. If you are a fan of the movie you will really love this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars tangled wii game, December 6, 2010
This review is from: Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I would say this tangled wii game is good for above 10 years old not younger or who very good at independence to play. This is more of adventure to find, understand the concept of game, lot of fun activities and very friendly graphic not too complicate. My 10 years old daughter love this game and we,parents are able to tag join to play if need help.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very fun, but very short, July 1, 2011
This review is from: Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
My 4-year-old and I loved playing this game together. A child that young wouldn't be able to play by themselves (at least not at first), but it's fun to play together.

Really my only complaint is that this game won't last long.....not very many levels. I'd say it probably only took us about 9-10 hours of total playing time to get through the entire game. (Obviously that's an estimate since we didn't sit and play the whole thing in one sitting.) For anyone used to multi-level games that can last months (like Mario), this game will be a bit of a disappointment.

Fun, great concepts, but it definitely should've been made to last longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful game for all, August 7, 2011
Vanessa R. Young (Bangor, ME United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
We bought this game for my 6 year old daughter more than six months ago and it remains one of her favorites. The controls are easy to learn and use, the camera angles are user friendly and it's perfect for two players. In many of these two player Princess games I find that the second player is "dragged" along by the first player, not here. The screen splits allowing each player to explore on their own. Little one struggling with a move? With a press of the button the characters hold hands allowing you to help your child along a path. Press another button and switch characters, perfect if your child is getting frustrated and needs your help. The first time through the game my daughter loved that Daddy could help her out, but by the second time through, she no longer needed any help at all. Both my husband and I enjoy playing the game with her and consider it one of the best Princess (or Wii games) made for kids. My daughter's friends (male and female) have all enjoyed playing with her and figured out the controls easily. No matter if she's playing with someone or alone, this game is always a hit with my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 12-year-old's review, January 24, 2011
This review is from: Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
I rate Tangled, the video game, 5 out of 5 stars. The game play is extremely fun, varying from minigames, which include Rapunzel sending up the lantern and riding Maximus, to the actual chapters. There are fun additions such as Rapunzel painting posters, and unlocking new paints to make those posters even prettier. Another good thing about the game is that you can take control of both Rapunzel and Flynn. It's very fun to switch between the two, and even more fun when they help each other out. Pascal even makes small appearances, helping the player finish their task. The graphics are also beautiful. You can also go back and finish up a level, even after you've completed the game.this is one of my favorite games of all time.

1.0 out of 5 stars No Fun for a Six-Year Old Girl, August 17, 2012
Mrs. Frasier (Portland, OR United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii (Video Game)
This game lacks directions for its target audience, causing frustration. It will not autosave until an entire level is completed and does not allow manual save. My six-year-old was frustrated to the point of not wanting to keep the game. I watched her play and can understand why. Both of her older brothers find the game to be confusing and not at all entertaining.

Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii
Disney Tangled - Nintendo Wii by Disney (Nintendo Wii)
$19.99 $12.97