Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 7, 2012
Look, you're getting 30 pins for a rate at about $1.25 per pin. If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

I bought this lot to split between me and my two sisters to trade at Disneyland. The selection was pretty good; plenty of different characters to choose from. Didn't get any duplicates and we got quite a few special mickey cast pins. It did come a day late, but having read another review that complained about the same thing, i made sure i ordered early enough that it wouldn't conflict with our Disney trip. I'm quite attached to some of the pins we received, which include classic characters i don't see in production anymore.

What's the problem?
A good majority of them were fake. One of the Mickey's was chipped, hinting at inferior materials. Many of them did not have the polished finish seen in the official pins in circulation. Several had an imperfect cast, such as the metal edges being jagged, suggesting they were probably made from a scrapped mold. The metals and paint used for the borders and silhouettes looks dull and has a lower luster than the official pins.

However, you can trade them in the parks with cast members to get real pins other people didn't want or the mickey cast pins that the workers are issued. My sisters and I had a great time haggling away our less desirable pins. Only one person questioned the authenticity of one of the pins and refused to trade it.

In conclusion...
Due to inflation and Disney's confounding idea that they should make the pins enormous and unwieldy, pins have gone up from the modest $5.99-$6.99 i remembered in the late 90's to $7.99-$12.99. It's an expensive habit. I still tend to buy one or two pins every year maybe to commemorate a new movie or the design is really awesome. But was this 30 lot of pins a seriously great investment? Definitely! Do you have to be somewhat morally negligent to participate? Probably. But seriously, Disney is not hurting for money or in danger of going out of business.

If you're a serious, die-hard pin collector, you may wanna skip this buy.
If you love the thrill of pin trading or have kids just starting their collection, you probably want to get this.
11 comment| 114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2012
First, the the pins came a day late. The company gave me a 7 day window frame of when the pins would show up and they still came a day late, very unacceptable. Second, as a pin trader i know the difference from a real pin, and a fake pin, most of them were fake. Even thow you can still trade the fake ones with the Disney cast members its jsut a bummer that there fake. There are many difference ways to tell a real pin from a fake pin. Grrr
on August 25, 2011
We are thrilled with the pins. They were much nicer than I expected. The variety was great. Our kids will be getting their pins as a surprise before we go to Disney World this fall. Trading pins with the cast members (employees) at the parks is such fun, and this is a really cheap way to participate.
on June 27, 2013
This item, as well as other items from this seller are mostly fakes! The bundled pin packages are so full of counterfeit pins it is disgusting. Thats why the price is so good as well. This set of thirty was 2/3 fake! The fake ones that they probably got for pennies on the dollar subsidize the cost of the few real pins that are in the bundle. DO NOT BUY!!! Putting these scrapper pins into circulation hurts everyone! this was a terrible buy.
on July 28, 2013
This lot was mixed with some that were obviously scrappers and some that seemed decent. The obvious scrappers got turned into necklaces or given to the art department and I kept the others. Still a good price just don't expect them all to be keepers.
on August 19, 2013
My 7 & 10 year old were surprised by our trip to Disney. Imagine their surprise again when a few days into the trip (while waiting in a horrific line for characters) i pulled out a lanyard covered in glittering pins! I had pre-sorted (some duplicates but thats ok by me!) and I even held a few back in my pocket for a little surprise here and there through our week. Was very exciting. I understand pin trading is extremely important to many people, and since these pins are most likely "Designer Inspired" we took to trading amongst ourselves and with a few cast members - nothing too crazy. The kids were instantly too attached to them anyway to be interested in trading much!
on December 15, 2011
This was a great amount of pins with a variety of characters from different movies. Perfect for any Disney collection!
on July 29, 2013
I bought these pins for my fiancé and I to use on our Disney honeymoon. We received all 30 on time individually wrapped. I am not a collector so I do not know if these all were 100% real. They all were shiny and looked great. One had a small paint chip and another did have a little rough edge. There was a large variety of sizes and themes. There were several characters, a few mouse hat themed pins, including a bride veil one I will keep, and some Mickey Mouse ones. I am happy with them and about 6/30 I will keep and not trade. It is a lot cheaper than pins at Disney and it works well for what we were looking for.
on March 12, 2013
I purchased these to have for one of our trips to Disney to have some pins for trading. The only problem is no one wanted to trade any of these pin away. That was fine with me. Pins are of an good quality and for the price you can't beat them. Walking through the park with this many pins on one lanyard people will think you spent a small fortune on your collection.
Will buy more in the future for the grand kids as they start becoming interested.
on August 27, 2013
We got the pins a day earlier than expected (prime) and we got 30 different pins - 5 that I realy like and probably will not trade. I got the 30 pins to split between my 2 boys on vacation. They were excited to choose their 15 and put them on the lanyards. Perfect and inexpensive!!