5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, fascinating Q&A book for Disney lovers
Published on June 28, 2012 by Lizz A. Belle

3.0 out of 5 stars Disney book.
It was not what I expected. It just answers questions form people. I was wanting a lot of trivia, and mostly Disney secrets. It did not give me this.
Published 12 months ago by Bill Curtiss

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming, fascinating Q&A book for Disney lovers, June 28, 2012
This review is from: Disney Trivia from the Vault: Secrets Revealed and Questions Answered (Disney Editions Deluxe) (Paperback)
I learned about this book through the Disney Parks Blog and I knew I had to order it. I am reading it like a novel as the book is divided into categories, almost like chapters, and then in each category are questions from fellow Disney fans and the answers from founder and chief Disney Archivist Dave Smith. Dave has been doing his job for over 40 years and clearly has acccess to a wealth of Disney information.

As mentioned the book is broken down into subcategories such as "Disneyland" featuring questions about Disneyland and "Walt Disney" featuring questions about the legend himself just to name a few. I found the section on Disney shorts to be absolutely fascinating as I was unfamiliar with a lot of the things discussed. For example, did you know there are 75 Silly Symphonies? Other things learned: Do you know when Mickey's birthday is? Do you know what kind of dog Goofy is supposed to be? Do you know why Goofy talks and Pluto does not?

Those are just an itty bitty fraction of the questions asked by readers in this book. Even if you are a huge Disney fan and know many, many obscure facts, I am very certain you will come away after reading this with several new tidbits of knowledge to impress your Disney friends.

Dave Smith put together a wonderful book of exciting and interesting information. I highly, highly, highly recommend this book if you love Disney as much as I do. Excellent read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney Trivia book is far from Trivial, August 2, 2012
I was intrigued by this book, having studied Disney in all its many facets, since 1972. The price seemed right, and I was eager to find out what I didn't know yet. I have spent hours reading and rereading this book. There were times when I wished the author had gone into more detail with his answers. But I still regard it as being a valuable and entertaining source of Disney information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book, August 6, 2012
I bought this book anticipating our upcoming trip to Disney World. I would recommend this to any trivia fans who are visiting the parks. Well written and an easy fun read for the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the format, July 30, 2012
I am very pleased with Dave's newest book of Disney Trivia. The format of answering fan questions covering all aspects of Disney is quite entertaining and informative.

Dave has even answered a few research questions I have had over the years and I have appreciated his help and expertise.

I encourage anyone interested in all-things-Disney to check out his new book!

4.0 out of 5 stars great book, but it could use some disney photos, January 4, 2013
I was really pretty happy with this book. It has different sections in it about all things that the Disney company has done. Included are pages about Disney world and Disney land, and also disney movies that are both old and new. The questions that are featured are interesting and varied. I am a disney fanatic, and we go to Disney world at least once every calender year. My only complaint is that I wish this book featured some colored photo's depicting images from some of the movies or one of the disney parks. Other than that, this is a good book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great trivia book, December 24, 2012
Another good trivia book from Dave Smith. While about half of the book contains trivia I already knew, there was a good amount of trivia I didn't already know. And on some of the topics, they expanded the details regarding specific trivia elements.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dave Smith is my hero, December 17, 2012
I have the original Dave Smith The A to Z official encyclopedia of Disney. Often I even print out the supplement that Dave updates each month. Smaller books, like Trivia, are fun excerpts from the encyclopedia. They are portable. For any Disney fan age 12 and up this little book is a welcome addition to the Dave Smith collection. We are fortunate to have a Disney historian like Dave. I recommend all his works..

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good Book, August 19, 2012
This book was very good. It was hard to find a place to put it down. I loved reading the questions Disney fans would write in when he was running his "Ask Dave" column. I used to follow his monthly column, and I loved his answers. Talk about a treasure trove of Disney trivia in one book, this is IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read!, June 1, 2014
I found this book and the facts in it very interesting. It is a must read for any Disney World/Land fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information of things Disney, May 24, 2014
Mrs. Patricia DeLuca (Cape Coral, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
Being a lover of anything related to Disney trivia, I enjoyed this book. It's fun to find out things I didn't know before.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›