4.0 out of 5 stars A Frenetic and Fun Co-op Game for the whole family!
Published on October 25, 2011 by George H. Taylor Jr.

2.0 out of 5 stars its too hard even with the clues
its too hard for my 6 yr old even with the clues--my 15 yr old just thinks its boring. I tried it myself and it was okay until the kids wouldnt let me stop.....be prepared to play this with your little ones
Published 6 months ago by Erica

4.0 out of 5 stars A Frenetic and Fun Co-op Game for the whole family!, October 25, 2011
This review is from: Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
We received a preview copy of Disney's Universe for the Xbox 360. I played the game with my eight year-old son and it was a blast. It reminded me a lot of Super Mario titles with cooperative play and coin collecting. The costumes were very cute and the levels, all based on Disney films, were inventive and charming. The co-op play was a little frenetic and we had to really cooperate in order to defeat the enemies, solve the puzzles and keep grabbing coins. I asked my son to write this review. These are his words;, I only typed them.

You're supposed to defeat levels and get costumes. It is really fun. I liked the TRON suit the best. You are supposed to do the objectives. They pop up on the screen so you know what to do. You had to build cannons in some levels and move the fire around. For instance, you use the cannon to shoot the bridge pieces and make them fall down so you can go across. When you do all the objectives, the exit shows up and you have to go through it to win the level. You have to collect all the Mickey coins. You buy worlds and things with the Mickey coins. By the way, the worlds cost 2000 Mickey coins. You have to defeat all three levels in a world to get enough money to buy the next world.

Hint: Always use keys to open the chest. A star pops out which levels up your character and your weapon.

I think that kids that like to play video games will like this game. Disney Universe is like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. I played the Pirates of the Caribbean level, Monsters INC, Wall-E levels. I can't wait to play more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Children's Title for 360, December 9, 2011
This review is from: Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
We have a 9 year old girl and 6 year old boy, and we enjoy gaming in our family. We have iPod touches, Nintendo DS's and an Xbox 360 with Kinect. A good family friendly video game in general can sometimes be difficult to find but this one is pretty solid.

There are six worlds which include Alice in Wonderland, Lion King, Pirates of the Caribbean, Monsters Inc, Alladin, and Wall-E. Each world has three levels with enemies to defeat, coins to collect and puzzles to figure out. The play is actually quite similar to the Lego series but much easier since the game gives you the objectives as well as hints. For difficulty comparison, my husband and I get called for help on various Lego stages but my kids had no problems figuring out how to pass each level and eventually beating Disney Universe on their own.

1 to 4 players can play which is a nice option. There is also a mini game within each level where you compete with the other players. Of course, the best feature is the ability to unlock a huge variety of costumes for your character from all of the worlds as well as other notable Disney names such as Mickey, Nemo and Tron. There is also downloadable content available for additional costumes and levels.

Overall, the game is a whole lot of fun for kids. Mine were cracking up the entire time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Disney comes through!!!, November 3, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
Well, to begin this review, I must allow you to know that I am a disney fanatic that is in college. So this review may be a bit biased, but I'll try to avoid this.

I began by playing the pirates of the caribbean stage which is unlocked from the get-go. If you are playing this title by yourself, you may get bored. But, when you play with 1-3 more people, it gets very interactive. Each world has three levels, and there are things to collect in each level. Most collectibles that you snag in levels will be unlocking concept art, which I was not too interested in.

There are characters to unlock in each world. Each world holds 6 characters. By beating the world once, you will get 3 of them. If you play the world again you will get the remaining three.

So far, my favorite character is hercules, which I earned by preordering this title.

Pros:
Excellent with other people
Unlocking characters will cause you to keep playing
Great background
Minigames were creative

Cons:
Levels can get tedious
Pretty Easy
After unlocking character, you have to pay for them using coins you gathered in worlds

- The most fun in this game came from unlocking characters and throwing teammates off edge.

I'm overall pleased with this game!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great father - daughter game, November 11, 2011
This review is from: Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I bought this game specifically so I could have a game that my daughter (7) and I could play together.

The game is somewhat easy, but the puzzles do make it difficult for a child to play by themselves, unless they spend a lot of time playing games.

If you are buying this for a child 8 or under, I would suggest having an adult play with them. If the child is good at games, and likes the disney characters than you may be able to go a bit younger.

One feature that is great is being able to unlock new characters, plus you get three for free from ordering from Amazon.com :)

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute knock-out kid's game., December 30, 2011
George Coffee (Jacksonville, FL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I purchased this game on impulse after playing a demo version with my 8 year-old. I brought it home and myself, and my 8 and 6 year-old have been playing it daily while on vacation--the kids absolutely love it. Took about a week to beat the game and it was loads of fun all the way through. The graphics and gameplay are excellent. Even more fun is the opportunity to unlock costumes and music from the game by freeing "captured" characters while playing. The kid's had almost as much fun purchasing the unlocked costumes (with gold Mickey coins collected during game play).

Pros: Excellent graphics, excellent gameplay and character physics, zero-learning curve, immersive and enjoyable even for adults and a roller-coaster ride thrill for the pre-teen set.

Cons: While the game can be played alone, for maximum enjoyment you really should have at least two players (supports up to 4), and at times (with 3 players playing, the screen can get a little chaotic. I lost track of my character a few times though it could just be "old eyes syndrome".)

Verdict: This is a slam-dunk from the Disney folks. Even without the Disney/Pixar characters, it would be a great game. Give little girls the chance to play as Tinkerbell or Rapunzel and it's a no-brainer purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love it. 9 and 12, December 31, 2011
W. Smith "MoBoarder" (Between here and there.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I love games they can play together and so do they. No taking turns, both players are on the screen at the same time tackling the bad guys. Great animations and game play, typical Disney flare and lots of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
I bought this game for my four year old for Christmas and he absolutely loves it. We have played it together and it is enough to keep me entertained as well. The game play is a problem solving/puzzle type game play which is good for young kids to help them develop problem solving skills. Great game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Initially I ranked 2 star, grown make it 5 star, July 20, 2014
Michael J. Murphy "WebSurfinMurf" (New Providence, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
If you can't stand mindless destruction, move along this game isn't for you.
I initially I hated this game, but for what it is, they do a good job.
Up to 4 players insane fast action madness, zero learning involved in this game.
The puzzling can be tricky, may need older people help.

Other Must get kids games:
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs - Xbox 360 (3-6 year old, 2 player, easy and fun)
Toy Story 3 The Video Game - Playstation 3 (3-9 year old+, 2 player, FPS for kids)
Rio - Xbox 360 (3-9 year old+, 4 player, 30+ Party games for kids)
Lego Batman (3-7 year old+, 2 player, puzzler, 3rd person shooter)
Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (4-10 year olds, 4 player, fast action w/mini games, pure arcade play)
Rayman Origins - Xbox 360 (4-9 year old, 4 player, arcade side scroll er)
LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - Xbox 360 (4-9 year old+, 2 player, huge world, action-adventure, younger kids need older player)
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - Xbox 360 (4-12 year olds, 2 player, nice variety of puzzle-gameplay, younger kids need older player)
LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars - Xbox 360 (5-9 year old+, 2 player, RTS game for kids)
Lego: Marvel Super Heroes (5-14 year olds, 2 player, younger players need to play with older player to navigate world, gameplay fan-tastic, low puzzles)
LEGO Lord of the Rings - Xbox 360 (6-14 year olds, 2 player, my son at 5 struggles but can play with heavy guidance from me, fun game, dad approved, low puzzles)
Minecraft - Xbox 360 (6-17 year olds, 2 player (can be large multiplayer) creative gameplay)
Rest of Lego games are all worth playing, if it wasn't for lego games XBOX would be a vast wasteland for kids under age 8. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars its too hard even with the clues, May 4, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game for 5 years +, June 12, 2014
Scott R. Pitts (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney Universe - Xbox 360 (Video Game)
This game is great for our 5 year olds, it is a bit too hard for our 4 year old still. It is also challenging enough for the adult players. I recomend this game for budding gamers and letting them figure out the puzzles as you go, we found that they are suprisingly good at figuring out multi step puzzles.

The one downside is that there are quite a few jumping deaths, this is good in that it give a consequence for not completing the move but it can get quite frustrating. A lot of my frustration with the jumping deaths in this game is that they are not really related to the problem solving, but more a test of dexterity on moving from one area to the next. I think if it was not for the jumping deaths this would also be a fun game for four year olds, maybe a mode where you can turn off the need to jump.

Disney Universe - Xbox 360
Disney Universe - Xbox 360 by Disney (Xbox 360)
$19.99 $18.12