5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful user-friendly calibration dvd ---- but will it help you?
Recently purchased a 55" Samsung UN55C6800 LED TV and was looking for a calibration disc. I was about the purchase the DVE HD Basics Blu-Ray but saw a press release concerning this DVD, so I decided to wait until this one came out and give it a go.

I will preface this by saying I had already used calibrated settings from CNET as well as users on the AVS forums...
Published on November 5, 2010 by JC

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but a little lacking
I purchased this for Christmas, and have calibrated 3 tvs with this so far - a 55" Samsung LED, a 42" Samsung Plasma, and a 42" Panasonic Plasma. The verdict? Not bad, not great.

My main issue is that it really just doesn't go through that many settings to tweak. For example, I have at least 15 settings on my Samsung plasma that can be "tuned". With this...
Published on December 28, 2010 by J. Hale

‹ Previous | 111 12 1366 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars It appears that it goes through all of the fine tuning adjustments, July 11, 2014
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
It appears that it goes through all of the fine tuning adjustments, however, I didn't see any real difference. My TV at times would be pretty clear and at times, faces are over colored. I pretty much blame the TV, but I can't get a very - very clear picture. Perhaps that is the best my TV will get. I believe the software is good to use because you don't really guess at tuning your TV and you don't have to wonder if it's contrast, color, sharpness or brightness that will improve your picture. I used it on a 55" TV, so the picture may not seem to be as clear as a 42" . I also have a $600 TV. I would buy the software again, or some software (if I didn't have it, and know what I know now) if I bought another big screen TV. Since it rated good by others, I will say it did as well as any

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like the way it "calibrated" my Sharp 70" 732, September 20, 2014
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Offers many adjustment features. Neat "audition" sections of the blu ray. However, I didn't like the way it "calibrated" my Sharp 70" 732. I don't know if it is the 4th yellow pixel on my TV that threw things off but it based on setup this disc had me set my contrast way too high. Couldn't get the tint and color dialed in without being way over exaggerated and unnatural. I need to try it on my 46" Samsung plasma and see if it provides a better setup.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to use and really show the capabilities of your ..., December 5, 2014
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Product is as described. The disks are educational, easy to use and really show the capabilities of your TV and theater sound system (if you have one). I have a playstation 3, so the instructions (obtained from other Amazon reviews) on operating the disks with a playstation 3 have to be observed. PS3 settings: Superwhite and Full RGB have to be set to ON, or the TV controls will not change the test patterns on the Disney WOW disk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved a lot of money., June 29, 2014
Was so happy with the results. Very surprised at the required changes and the picture is great. Was looking at spending $250.00 for a professional but this did the job for a whole lot less. My color setting were close to start with but not perfect but the contrast and sharpeness is were the real changes took place and the results were great. Strongly suggest watching instructions, Very happy with my decission.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney does not goof around, June 4, 2014
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I read several reviews before buying this calibration disc and was wondering if I would be able to do some serious work while listening to Goofy's instructions. Well, maybe this is a new version because my disc has nothing goofy in it (pun intended). Great product, easy instructions and professional-sounding voices guiding the process. Another reason to admire Disney's commitment to doing it right.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must-have if you want your TV to really look great, August 9, 2014
NYCSteeler (The Big Apple, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I used this to calibrate my new 65" TV and the image came out so much better than the "straight out of the box" settings. If your TV has a large number of calibration options like mine, then this disc set is a must. Once you've calibrated it, you can check your settings with some beautiful video included on the discs - you can really make the image on your TV look fantastic.

4.0 out of 5 stars a useful tool, April 21, 2014
pops "disgusted citizen" (midwestern United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
this disc contains, among other things, an excellent, easy-to-use animation, for 5.1 and another for 7.1, that shows which speaker the sound should be coming from, while audio of the narrator saying the name of that speaker is sent only on that audio channel. sit in the sweet spot and you can hear whether your speakers are connected to the correct channels. voila.

5.0 out of 5 stars Own a plasma TV? You need this., June 26, 2014
Ok, I'm not perfect. Sometimes when I tips a few, I fall asleep in front of my plasma TV. Using Amazon Prime, my PS3's screen dimming does NOT engage. So the menu can stay on all night.

Using a 2013 Panasonic plasma, it's arguably not a big deal. I mean, 4 to 6 hours of normal content gets rid of any image retention.

However, using Disney Wow's included Pixel Flipper gets rid of the IR in about an hour.

Video games with a HUD can cause some IR after gaming marathons. Pixel Flipper gets rid of it pronto.

In a nutshell: If you have or are going to buy a plasma TV and are concerned about IR or burn in, Pixel Flipper is widely known as - by far - the most effective way to get rid of IR or burn in.

Some burn in is so bad, nothing can fix it. For hours or days long IR, Pixel Flipper has you covered, period!

I belong to AVS forum and have found NOTHING nearly as highly rated for IR as Pixel Flipper.

There are a lot of other good uses for Wow. This is just the one feature that most interested me since I was a new plasma TV owner a year ago.

Totally effective in my usage. And I mean to tell ya', I can go on days long vid gaming binges so good ole flipper does its job!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Only affected a few settings, May 29, 2014
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This was pretty expensive and only fixed a few marginal settings for me. I guess it depends on the TV. A better option is to get a few people to chip in and share the product between each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, May 27, 2014
This is a great DVD. The only problem I have with it is that my TV required only one small adjustment (not really the fault of the disc). If you want to know if your TV is calibrated, or know you need an adjustment I recommend it!

‹ Previous | 111 12 1366 | Next ›