5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful user-friendly calibration dvd ---- but will it help you?
Recently purchased a 55" Samsung UN55C6800 LED TV and was looking for a calibration disc. I was about the purchase the DVE HD Basics Blu-Ray but saw a press release concerning this DVD, so I decided to wait until this one came out and give it a go.

I will preface this by saying I had already used calibrated settings from CNET as well as users on the AVS forums...
Published on November 5, 2010 by JC

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but a little lacking
I purchased this for Christmas, and have calibrated 3 tvs with this so far - a 55" Samsung LED, a 42" Samsung Plasma, and a 42" Panasonic Plasma. The verdict? Not bad, not great.

My main issue is that it really just doesn't go through that many settings to tweak. For example, I have at least 15 settings on my Samsung plasma that can be "tuned". With this...
Published on December 28, 2010 by J. Hale

‹ Previous | 111 12 1353 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
If you are looking to calibrate your home theater, and want a relatively inexpensive option over utilizing a professional, the the WOW disc is for you. Each calibration test is explained in detail, a lot of detail, and allows for easy fine tuning of your system both audio and video.

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool to make the perfect picture, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I was having a difficult time getting my new TV calibrated to the perfect picture setting. everything looked too dark or light or fuzzy. My gf thought I was crazy until I showed her the picture after I used this dvd. it was well worth the money since I will be able to use it forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product of it's kind for non professionals, February 18, 2014
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The tests and calibrations on this video are suitable for non professionals and light duty by professionals. I am a normal person and had no difficulty calibrating my TV to a better standard with this disk. It can also be used to calibrate sound systems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat helpful, February 4, 2014
Craig from Socal (The OC, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is the most positively reviewed optimizer disk on the market. Personally I didn't have amazing results but I did see some improvement. There is a pixel restorer process on the disc that did help significantly. It takes some time to go through the whole process but worth it. Most people never touch their settings, if this is you than you will benefit greatly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something here for novices and experts alike, January 14, 2014
S. Carlson (Huntington Beach, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
With the purchase of a Samsung 65" 1080 TV, I wanted to make sure my video was being displayed at its maximum potential. I looked at several different calibration discs, including Spears & Munsil and of course Disney's WOW. The reviews on this item were generally outstanding, and it didn't disappoint. It includes calibration tools for video as well as audio, with each category being divided into sections based on the operator's skill level. After working my way up from the beginner tools to the expert ones, I was able to achieve a picture quality that I was fairly comfortable with. I have also gone through a paid calibration from a box store's "Nerd Crew", and the technician told me that the settings I had reached with this disc were only a hair off from what his ISF certified toolkit recommended. That was endorsement enough for me. Very satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy-to-use, decent calibration tool, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Read a bunch of reviews before purchasing Disney WOW, but still wasn't quite sure what I was expecting since I have never done any advanced calibration.

The on-screen guide and options are easy-to-use and each step is explained in detail. I recommend viewing each instruction via the Blu-Ray because the print/text in the documentation is very hard to read, especially the figures.

Overall, I completed the introductory and intermediate calibration steps in under a hour and even ventured into some of the expert tools. I recommend this for anyone who relies heavily on the default AV modes that the manufacturer has or doesn't feel comfortable changing the video settings on their own. I had tweaked my TV settings quite a bit prior, but I still noticed some improvements, especially with the brightness, contract, and sharpness settings.

Note: Only used the calibration tools for video; didn't use the audio or watch the other disc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tweak you tv simply, December 28, 2013
Brian Gartland (Youngstown, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is perfect for someone who want to tweak their tv but isn't a professional. It has plenty of tools to really tweak the settings but also explains it simply enough for anyone to use. Spending 15 minutes will make a huge difference. I would reccommend buying this for anyone who just got a new tv.

5.0 out of 5 stars This did the trick, December 24, 2013
I had a new TV that was just not quite right and I didn't spend the $200 that Best Buy wanted for calibration. This was not difficult to use and the end result was a picture quality that is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very good disc for setting up a tv, December 23, 2013
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
We just got a new Vizio LCD and in the reviews I had seen something about using this disc to do an initial setup to get the best picture. I figured it couldn't hurt to give it a shot. I'm very pleased with the disc in setting up the tv picture. Originally the picture was decent but I think it had a very good impact on improving it. I only used the beginners setup since I'm not really into how good a picture is. If we watched alot of movies and really wanted to be immersed in them then I may have taken the time to use the expert setup. I'm not sure how much it matters. But for my needs I found the beginners to be very useful. I believe there's an audio setup also. I didn't use it since right now we're using the tv speakers. Hopefully in a few months I'll get the receiver and speakers I want and then I may try the audio portion. Also it does take a little bit of time. Don't get it thinking you'll pop it in, spend 5 minutes with the setup and you'll be done. For me it took a little bit of time navigating between screens for the different portions of calibration. Also I'm older and my eyes aren't great so I had to spend a bit of time in the different portions of the calibration trying to notice some of the differences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow is Right!, December 20, 2013
This review is from: Disney WOW: World of Wonder [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I just calibrated my plasma tv using Disney's Wow: World of Wonder. Admittedly, I am not a videophile nor am I professional calibrator. This being said, as a home theater enthusiast I am thoroughly impressed. The end result was a vast and noticeable improvement over presets and what I had "eyeballed" on my own.

The BD is very informative, and the process to calibrate my tv was simple enough. Well worth the price!

‹ Previous | 111 12 1353 | Next ›