5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooking With Kids!
Published on July 4, 2003 by L Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much work
Published on June 9, 2000 by Michelle Kindall

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cooking With Kids!, July 4, 2003
Originally I picked up this cookbook to cook with my young sons, but quickly realized that there were wonderful grown-up recipes available in this book too. Hardcover, with a binding that lies flat on the counter, this book offers colorful graphics and pictures of the majority of the recipes presented. It is arranged in the following categories: Getting Ready, Breakfast: Rise & Shine, Lunch Specials, After-School Snacks, Soup's On, Breads we Love, Dinner's Ready, Side Dishes & Salads, Can I have Dessert, and Home for the Holidays.
Some of my family's favorite dishes include: Banana Split Waffles, PB & J Surprise Muffins, Strawberry Butter, Hummus, Falafel Flying Saucers, Nuke-able Nachos, Sneak-It-to-Em Broccoli Soup, Potato Chip Chicken Fingers, Baked Sweet Potatoes with Orange Sauce, Rock Candy, Leaning Tower of Oreos, Blueberry Fool, and Red, White, & Blueberry Freeze Pops. Also nicely included are some recipes for Play Doughs, with ideas on how to even make your own scented dough!
This was an excellent addition to my cookbook collection and my family has fun selecting and trying new recipes out of this extensive cookbook. If you want to teach your kids to cook, or want to find recipes sure to please even the finicky eater, then you should try this cookbook. Enjoy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, but some recipes are hit-or-miss, August 23, 1999
By A Customer
I love this cookbook and use it almost exclusively because the ideas in it are so creative and child-friendly, and it's so easy to sit down with this colorful book to plan meals. It's also great because it encourages you to cook from scratch and makes doing so a lot less intimidating! Although many recipes in it are wonderful, a lot of recipes are, in my opinion, very mediocre. In my house, for example, the broccoli soup and the Bat Wings chicken wings were flops, and I wondered how on earth they made it into the cookbook. Through much trial and error, I now prefer to use the recipes as general guidelines and make changes wherever things seem a little weird. It's forgivable because of the terrific emphasis on having your kids help in the kitchen, and the simple fact that the entire FamilyFun series, especially the magazine, is FANTASTIC! My family life has been greatly enriched by the ideas in FamilyFun magazine and the Parties book, and I think it's the best source of original and creative ideas for families available today. Enjoy :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cookbook I've ever bought, November 20, 2002
By A Customer
The recipes are simple and wonderful tasting. My kids eat fish now. What's up with that. I haven't been disappointed by anything I've tried. My kids now fight over who's going to help Mom or Dad in the kitchen. We used to eat out at least twice a week. Now we rarely eat out. I plan the menu over the weekend, do all my grocery shopping and we're set for the week. What great fun and even more fun because my 7 and 9 year old are eager to help cook and to try new things. This is a rarity for my 7 year old. I highly recommend this book!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Making memories, August 28, 2003
"devotedfriend" (minot, me United States) - See all my reviews
My two year old loves this book. We've already had many special afternoons together baking homemade scones. She is so proud when company arrives and she can serve them something she helped make!The recipes in this book are wonderful, we all love the turkey meatball subs and the pb &j muffins!

4.0 out of 5 stars great recipes, poor construction., November 20, 1999
I love the cookbook and have found it immensely helpful in terms of feeding a family of four. However, I wish that it was put together a bit more carefully as the cover has torn off after only a year of use. More solid construction of the book, especially if little ones are using it, would make sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Family Cookbook, September 28, 2005
McAllister Park (Kingston, GA United States) - See all my reviews
IF your kids won't eat broccoli under any circumstances, they won't like it in a recipe in this cookbook, either. Don't raise your kids to be picky eaters. Teach them to be willing to try something new, even if they didn't like it before.

This wholesome cookbook gives creative flair to things like grilled cheese or pizza. My son loves this cookbook and loves to find something new for lunch or dinner. So far, we haven't found one we haven't liked yet. We like the fact that everything is made from scratch and not with fast food mixes and unhealthy products.

Note: My son loves asparagus and broccoli.. and I know many other children that like veggies as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much work, June 9, 2000
There are quite a few good ideas in this cookbook, but there are also some duds. As a mom and a daycare provider, I've found that many of the recipes have not been received well by kids, and many have been a downright pain to make. The lasagna recipe turns out runny and tasteless, and a recipe for chocolate pie turned a dessert that could have been made in 10 minutes with instant pudding into a long stove-top ordeal I will never repeat. Overall, I think it was overpriced and prettier than it was useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars My children (9 year old twins) love this book!!, August 6, 1997
By A Customer
The holiday and special occasion ideas are unique and easy for the family, so not just Mom does the cooking. We found this selection as a library book. My children were immediately taken with this cookbook and its beautiful pictoral style. There are very few books that they want to go out and purchase immediately

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Fun's Cookbook, November 27, 1999
MISSY (Redmond, Washington) - See all my reviews
I was given the book by a friend and my children, husband and I have enjoyed the food. It is presented in a way that my children love to eat as well as help prepare. It is also appetizing for my husband and I. We have made the recipes for guest with children and they never know it came from a childs cookbook tell we tell them. We love it so much we are giving it at christmas in a basket with cooking ingrediants to our little friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!!, July 24, 2002
Amazon Customer (Ft. Walton Beach,, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I have this book and really enjoy it!!! It has the BEST meatloaf and fried rice recipes!!! I also pull this cookbook out for pizza night. Get this book - it's well worth the price!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Disney's Family Cookbook: 250 Irresistible Recipes for You and Your Kids
Disney's Family Cookbook: 250 Irresistible Recipes for You and Your Kids by Deanna F. Cook (Hardcover-spiral - May 2, 1996)
Used & New from: $1.59