5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD but save money w/the 5 dics set
Published on July 12, 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great for Toddlers
I can't believe I'm giving this only 3 stars...but I am. I bought Vol 1-3 of these CDs to get my 2 year old psyched for a trip to Disney. They are definately more suited to adults or older kids who have had the opportunity to see all the disney movies and shows. Even the recognizable songs are unfortunately the movie version...by that I mean you have long introductory...
Published on February 24, 2012 by Nitwit4Lit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD but save money w/the 5 dics set, July 12, 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Disney's Greatest 1 (Audio CD)
This CD is great. It has both old and new Disney classics. But...for about [$$$] more you can get all these songs and about 80 more. The 5 disc set sold here at Amazon has 99 Disney classics and sells for about the price of 2 CDs. The 5 disc set includes songs such as Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah from the no-longer released Song of the South, songs from the theme parks like the Electric Light Parade theme, It's a Small World from the NY World's Fair...it has them all! Buying the CDs seperately you probably spend twice as much + shipping; save some money--the 5-CD set is the way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars and the nostalgia continues with even newer hits..., May 7, 2008
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Disney's Greatest 1 (Audio CD)
Disney's Greatest, Volume 1 is the first installment in a fine CD series of classic Disney music and show tunes. The quality of the sound is excellent and the artwork is very nicely done as well.

Phil Collins starts off the track set with a great tune from Tarzan entitled "Strangers Like Me." "Strangers Like Me" is a very good number and Phil Collins does this very well. The musical arrangement is also very lush--what a fine opening number! Susan Egan and Cheryl Freeman do a duet on "I Won't Say (I'm In Love)" from the Disney movie Hercules; they sing this to perfection and they harmonize very well on the chorus. The keyboard works well for the arrangement and "I Won't Say (I'm In Love)" is a major highlight of this album.

Randy Newman sings one of my very favorite tunes on this album, "You've Got A Friend In Me" from the Disney/Pixar film called Toy Story; Randy sings wonderfully and his excellent sense of timing makes his performance stronger still. In addition, "The Circle Of Life" from the soundtrack of The Lion King is brilliantly performed by Carmen Twillie; this is another of my very favorite Disney tunes from recent years and I could never tire of hearing this fantastic hit! Listen also for the great Angela Lansbury to perform "Beauty And The Beast" with panache; Angela sings very well and her voice is as clear as a bell. Great!

There's also another favorite of mine, "I Wan'na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)" from The Jungle Book Disney film; this is performed by Louis Prima with Phil Harris and Bruce Reitherman. This song swings brightly and I always liked "I Wan'na Be Like You." The woodwind instruments make the music very good and the percussion marks the beat as well. "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo (The Magic Song)" from Cinderella features a fine performance by Verna Felton; Verna sings this beautifully and it's a timeless Disney classic. James Baskett also makes good on a wonderful rendition of "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah;" this is yet another one of my very favorite Disney tunes.

The CD ends strong with Cliff Edwards performing "When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio. Cliff sings this with great sensitivity and this is very impressive. I love it!

Overall, this is a very strong CD installment in this CD series of Disney classic tunes. Diehard fans will want the other CDs in this set and they may also want to consider the box set of these CDs as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Songs from Disney!!!!, April 23, 2001
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Disney's Greatest 1 (Audio CD)
This CD, is probably one of the best disney cd's ever! It has songs from unforgetable disney classic's such as the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, and so many more. This is a great CD for kids, adults who have known these songs for a while, and of course disney lovers!!!! I myself love disney and have since I was born. The songs are so magical and bring out a happy feeling inside your heart. These are songs that you will always treasure. The compilation is wonderful, you get a real variety of great disney songs. To anyone that loves disney, this is a dream cd for you, and always remember. A dream is a wish your heart makes!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars How Can You NOT want this?, July 3, 2001
This review is from: Disney's Greatest 1 (Audio CD)
From "Heigh-Ho"(1937) to "You Got A Friend in Me"(1997) Everything on this CD is great. "I Won't Say I'm In Love" is probably my absolute favorite Disney Song. "Heigh-Ho" is always a fun one, to.
"Cruella De Vil" never gets old, either. Everything is great. It's long enough for the money. If you are still reluctant, you can't buy it used here.
But you shouldn't be, especially if you are (Kids) looking for great music you are familiar with or (Parents) something your kids can listen to that's non-violent, and that isn't the annoying bunch of female pop stars you all hate. If you want enjoyment, you want this. (The Catch To This Review? I'm thirteen years old!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Save big bucks w/the 5 disc set!, April 21, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Disney's Greatest 1 (Audio CD)
This CD is great. It has both old and new Disney classics. But...for a little more money you can get all these songs and about 80 more. The 5 disc set sold here at Amazon has 99 Disney classics and sells for about the price of 2 CDs. The 5 disc set includes songs such as Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah from the no-longer released Song of the South, songs from the theme parks like the Electric Light Parade theme, It's a Small World from the NY World's Fair...it has them all! Buying the CDs seperately you probably spend twice as much + shipping; save some money--the 5-CD set is the way to go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney's Greatest 1, August 9, 2005
This review is from: Disney's Greatest 1 (Audio CD)
This is so memorable....all the songs I was looking for done by the original characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars disney cd's, September 10, 2005
This review is from: Disney's Greatest 1 (Audio CD)
this is a great pack of music-all the original songs. my little ones weren't thrilled with some of the really "old" songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Disney's Greatest Hits, October 24, 2005
A Kid's Review
*Hannah, age 12*

Once again Walt Disney brings us the magic we adored in Cinderella, the absolute fun we shared with Mary Poppins, and the beautiful enchantment of friendship in The Fox And The Hound and Lady And The Tramp. But this time, we get to sing along.

This wonderful collection of beautiful songs that we shared as kids can now be shared with our own children.

Perfect for all ages, this CD beats out all others and will capture you, and in no time, you'll find yourself singing along.

5.0 out of 5 stars What fun!, June 15, 2003
This review is from: Disney's Greatest 1 (Audio CD)
Having grown up with Disney movies and cartoons, this collection of memorable songs is a lot of fun to sing along to in the car (especially with some friends as we are driving up to Walt Disney World). These songs are from some of the best-loved movies in Disney history. They are all in digital quality (not those audiotapes I used to make by hooking my cassette player to my VCR). The liner notes even include the full lyrics to these classics.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Audible Heart and Soul of Disney, February 16, 2006
This review is from: Disney's Greatest 1 (Audio CD)
This, as well as volume 2 and 3, is the finest collection of songs ever assembled by any movie company in the world. They have a timeless quality to them that makes them just as enjoyable now as they were so many years ago. They remind me of my childhood, and they help me relax after a long, hard day of work. A must have for any Disney fan.

ARRAY(0x992c8834)