5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book
Published on January 5, 2013 by Mikey Sansom

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of paper and ink
Nonsense. My Tea Party neighbor insisted I read this along with another one of Starnes' worthless books. I gave in and read both.

Crap.

Starnes tells us all the usual rightwing myths about kids in school being punished for trying to write a research paper about Jesus' miracles, about employees being fired for saying "Merry Christmas" -- all...
Published 2 months ago by Sojourner Truth

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, January 5, 2013
I grew up in a VERY small town, in the SOUTH. We started every day in school with the pledge of allegiance and morning devotional. We never had to be told to play (NFL play 60), we drank water from the water hose(or out of the creek), we ate what MOMMY would let us, not what the government determined was best. We were taught the three basics...God, Country, Family. There has been a complete reversal of these beliefs in my 47 years. The direction this country is going is scary. A lot of the things mentioned in this book have not taken hold down here in LA (Lower Alabama) and I hope it never does. I feel that if any one (person or group) ever tried, they would have a fight on their hands. We don't bow down easy!!!

Lisa Sansom
Samson, Alabama

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious yet painfully relevant, October 24, 2012
This review is from: Dispatches from Bitter America: A Gun Toting, Chicken Eating Son of a Baptist's Culture War Stories (Paperback)
This is a sometimes funny, sometimes hilarious mix of personal stories, interviews, and embellished satire that works perfectly for today's political and religious climate. I highly recommend beginning your read in a Cracker Barrel with a nice glass of sweet tea, as I did.

The book is a quick, compelling read grouped by topic. Those who pay attention to a lot of news may be familiar with many of the stories, but it's nice to have a refresher all in one place.

Definitely recommended for those who get a chuckle out of the title and even for those who don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything good is bad and everything bad is good, January 11, 2013
Politics - Everyone says we are never to discuss it. But it is one of the most important subjects in the world today. How important are the people who choose the laws that govern our everyday lives.

I have looked forward to reading this book for a while. I saw it on a shelf in Books-a-Million and decided to buy it later on for the kindle. I purchased it, but had not read it yet. Then I saw it was up for review and figured now would be a good time to read it.

Wow! It was even better than expected. Starnes' book is not only funny, but is very informative.

The whole premise of the book is about a statement Barack Obama made while running for president the first time. He said that everyday Americans were bitter and they cling to guns and religion. Starnes' travels around the US to show that the bitter ones are the left, not Middle America.

Todd's book is from a conservative point of view and it is a very fun read. He seems the kind of guy you would want to hang around. He shows that all of us "bitter Americans" can laugh.

My favorite part of the whole book is when he said we need a bailout for the poultry industry - we can call it "Cash for Cluckers" I laughed out loud!

With some of the foolish laws the left pass, we will either laugh or cry. They seem set on ruling everyone's life. They want to control what you eat, buy, watch, listen to and read, but they say we are the ones who censor. To the left, it seems everything good is bad and everything bad is good.

The stories he finds across America include:

*People being fired for sharing their faith.
*Children getting detention for reading the Bible.
*Laws forbidding certain foods and drinks.
*Schools teaching children how to have sex at the kindergarten level.
*Politically correct indoctrination.
*...and many more.

If you like those crazy laws, this book is probably not for you.

*Murderers have a right to life, but babies don't.
*We can teach Islam in schools, but a child's Bible is confiscated.
*Soft drinks should be outlawed, but marijuana should be legalized.
*Preachers can not talk about politicians, but liberal politicians can campaign in Churches.
*Guns should be outlawed, but abortions should stay legal.

I highly recommend this book, whether you are from the right or left.

I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

*I received this book, free of charge, from B&H Books and NetGallery in exchange for an honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unusual take on the the political landscape, January 16, 2013
If it is true Amazon is not longer selling this book, I will stop buying any books from Amazon. I purchased a Kindle and paperback version. Love my Kindle but this is not a book to be censored. Can't imagine why anyone would think this is not appropriate reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Todd Starnes Hits it right, April 25, 2012
There are some very rude reviews from the liberal left using mock names to disparage the truth of this book. Unfortunately, most reasonable people will see through their typical liberal agendas and the deceptive sponsorships of George Soros and his crowd.
This book hits it out of the ballpark on the truth of the liberal media and the culture to redefine values and decency. When saying "Merry Christmas" is seen as a vulgarity, yet the gay culture can pull their doctrine...the truth will speak for itself.
I daresay that Most Americans will use this book to make some valuable decisions in the election to come and make the right choice. Truth will set people free.

5.0 out of 5 stars Here's an interesting fact., January 16, 2013
Here's an interesting fact. Of the 15 1-star reviews as of today, 12 were written on March 4th and 5th of 2012. Independent thought is not a strong suit of the anti-American left wing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Todd Starnes, January 16, 2013
The only reason people are "hating" on this book is b/c it's full of nothing but the truth. It is a great read and worth every cent.

5.0 out of 5 stars CENSORSHIP???, January 16, 2013
I read that Amazon is holding back this book from purchase. WHAT?? Since when do we censor books based on what some think? Are we not adult enough to form our own opinions? Give us a description of what the book says, then if you don't like that, don't buy it!! Since when does Amazon decide what we can and can't read????? The book should be read by anyone that cares about America. Those that don't can find something else, but I'm appalled that this is not being offered here. May have to get myself a Nook!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative, Humorous, and Compelling, August 10, 2012
Simply put, Todd has a way with words. He also has a pulse on the heartbeat of what's happening in America. As someone who works on the frontlines of our culture in education, it enlightened me to some new circumstances that are deteriorating the freedoms we so freely enjoy. If reading this book does not wake you up to what's happening in America, then you've been hanging out with Rip Van Winkle. You might wake up one day only to find this country is no longer free.

I read most of this book while traveling on a plane. My husband kept saying, "Why are you giggling so much. People will think I'm tickling you." And I kept saying, "You've got to read this. It's hilarious, but unfortunately true."

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it, January 16, 2013
I enjoyed the book, looking at the reviews prior, I was hesitant that it was just going to be a rant but once again the left wingers trying to change and implement their agenda.

$14.99 $4.98