Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Package Quantity: 1|Change

on September 7, 2015
Causes link failures for 144hz monitors. Sometimes the monitor will turn off, then it won't even turn on with a signal unless the monitor's power cable is unplugged then plugged back in. Sometimes the link fails and doesn't display anything unless you unplug the cable from your computer, then plug it back in (somehow this is different from the other issue I mentioned). Occasionally kicks the refresh rate down to 120hz, which is defeating the point of why I bought this cable since my monitor runs 144hz just fine with DVI. Monitor is an ASUS VG248QE.
on March 7, 2015
Typical Monoprice cable value. Connects from Mini DisplayPort on the computer to the DisplayPort on the monitor. It just works at a great price point. It is reported to be bi directional, but I have only used it as described (another adapter from DisplayPort to HDMI this replaced only worked in one direction), so this is a nice feature.
on February 21, 2014
Works exactly as it should with a PC with GeForce GTX 760 connected to an older 27" iMac! The iMac acts just like a monitor, full 2560x1440 resolution works and so does sound. Note that this *does* work with Windows/Linux in addition to Mac OS X (which I will neither confirm nor deny I am running on said PC).
on January 20, 2012
Couldn't find a cable to work with my U2711. Tried the brandname DVI, and tried the expensive dual-link DVI... neither worked.

This cable worked though. It outputs 2560x1440 to my U2711 from both my Macbook 13 and Macbook 11 (using Thunderbolt). Not sure why this cable works... but I just ordered another one!
on November 18, 2010
Stopped using this cable because my monitor would blank out. Does not happen when using MiniDP-HDMI, MiniDP-DVI or MiniDP-DisplayPort adapters and same monitor. Past return window, otherwise it would have been returned.
on December 13, 2012
- Mini display to Display port, please check your setup to see which you need. There is also a mini display port to mini display port which I ordered originally before realizing my external monitor was actual a full size display port (I thought ALL display port was mini...can be confusing!)
- Once you are sure what you need and which version, this is a good bet! Clear picture from the laptop to the external display, no problems at all.
on September 7, 2011
I have been using this cable for almost a year to the day. I use it every day to connect a MacBook Pro (2nd one) to a Dell UltraSharp U2410f display. The cable seems to carry audio perfectly fine, the Mac detects the audio adapter within my display and I am able to use it. The cable works flawlessly, I use color calibration hardware and the display matches perfectly with slight adjustments (as expected).

This cable has been very durable, I connect/disconnect from my laptop several times a week as I travel for business and use this cable in my home office. The cable shows no signs of wear and if I ever need a 2nd one or a replacement I would instantly buy the same one again.
on June 21, 2015
Excellent quality. Bought two for dual screens from my macbook pro (since the Thunderbolt ports for me aren't being used for anything else, yet.) If someone told me that they were from Apple, I'd be hard pressed to prove them wrong. I'd buy again in a heartbeat.
on October 12, 2013
I purchased this cable to connect my 2560x1440 IPS monitor to my Retina MacBook Pro. I was using the dual link DVI adapter from Apple but the screen kept cutting out, which is apparently a known issue with some of those adapter. I noticed that I had a DisplayPort connection on the monitor so I decided to give this cable a try. It works great! Full definition, and no screen cut out.
on October 28, 2013
This cable does not work with my Macbook Pro Retina 2012 with a Dell U2312HM monitor. I ended up using a StarTech cable StarTech 6-Feet Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter Cable - M/M (MDP2DPMM6) which works.