Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Disposable Paper Filters for Reusable K-Cups

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 13, 2010 12:10:11 AM PST
Some inventor should come up with a disposable paper filter for the reusable k-cup attachment. I like the idea of the reusable k-cup attachment, but I don't like cleaning out the metal filter. A paper filter for this device would make cleanup much easier

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2010 12:40:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2010 12:41:51 PM PDT
I do it all the time, just cut a four cup paper filter down to size and use the bottom of the my k cup "grey funnel" to start the paper filter into the mesh basket, then use your fingers to smooth the filter around the edges so that it is flush against the sides. Make sure that there is a little bit of paper rimed over the top, maybe an 1/8 to a 1/4 of an inch. Finnally fill it to just under the rim with your favorite coffee and place mesh cup into grey funnel and lock the top and brew. It also seems like the coffee comes out stronger due to the slower flow rate created by the paper filter. When your finished grab both sides of the little bit of the paper filter you left hanging out over the edge and empty.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2010 3:42:10 PM PDT
Dell user says:
How long does it take to make just one paper filter? What kind of shape do you cut? round or square from the 4-cup filter? I bet if you make a you tube video, lots of people will watch it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 30, 2010 12:50:50 PM PDT
They are for sale on Amazon - the come preshaped with a "lid" and all. Buy them by the pack of 50 ($4.95) and the holder ($7.95) and go to town! We LOVE LOVE LOVE ours. It is spring loaded to work with pods as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2010 6:24:11 AM PDT
Megan says:
I agree!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2010 6:25:36 AM PDT
Megan says:
what did you search for?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2010 11:27:28 AM PDT
P. Pierce says:
EZ-Cup

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2010 12:53:24 PM PDT
M. Marchbank says:
They are available at Amazon and SamsClub.com. About $5.00 for 50.

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 5:11:36 AM PST
J. Sohn says:
Its easier just to line the inside wall of the mesh filter. Just cut the paper #4 cone filter horizontally along the top curve and it will fit perfectly into the My K-Cup mesh filter. You can get about 4 little filters from one #4 filter.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 23, 2010 11:43:51 AM PST
SuzeeQ says:
I am dense I guess. I don't understand cutting it horizonally and getting 4 little k-cup filters? I found also as someone mentioned in an above post that if I use the Keurig mesh filter it helps if you do use some kind of paper filter - you get a better cup of coffee as the water goes through more slowly. Also, when I use the Keurig mesh filter w/attachment I have to move the rubber seal down that is above the top needle or water comes out the side and grounds come out too. I had to call Keurig for them to tell me how to solve that. It is kind of a pain to remember to check to see if it is down far enough each time.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2010 7:31:24 AM PST
SuzeeQ, you may be putting too much coffee in your mesh filter. I found if you leave the coffee 1/8 inch below the top of the filter, you won't get any grounds in your coffee. This filter is great for saving money, use regular coffee, a few teaspoonful at a time. Cutting paper filters is way too much trouble. I have only had to replace my mesh filter after a year's worth of use, drink two to four cups of coffee a day.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2010 4:52:00 AM PST
Shurla Baby says:
For a stronger cup of coffee when you use the mesh filter, grind your coffee super fine in your blender or coffee grinder and fill the mesh cup about 2/3 to 3/4 full. too much and the coffee can't expand when the water comes into the filter and doesn't brew correctly. If a scoop came with your coffee make use it. Regular coffee grounds you get from the store are too course to make a good cup of coffee.

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 10:06:47 AM PST
M. Little says:
Why couldn't you reuse one of the Kcups? I don't own one of these coffeemakers but am looking to do so. I use a flavia right now, and once a packet of milkyway swirl is empty, I just reuse it. Water goes through into my cup and I make my own coffee or tea or hot chocolate. I reuse it tons of times, before using another one. So couldn't this be done with the kcups at least a few times?

Posted on Jan 4, 2011 5:18:55 PM PST
-altie- says:
I read where someone washed and reused the K-cups and put foil on the top. I tried it and it works great! The coffee even tasted better than the k-cup coffee

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 8, 2011 7:44:41 AM PST
yes i do the same thing. I just use the cup over and put a piece of heavy duty foil on top, but remember to align up the hole on the bottom of the k cup or you will be punching another hole into the plastic causing the water to come out too fast. My coffee taste great! I have been using my cups over for about a month now.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2011 4:49:23 PM PST
David Menard says:
Sit back everyone as I have seen it myself. There is a disposable cartridge that you buy in a pack of 25 or 50 filter cartridges that all you have to do is put your own coffee in, put the lid on and brew. When done brewing just through it away or you can use it a couple of times if you want to be frugal. It is made out of PLA which is plastic made out of corn which is biodegradable compostable material a renewable source. The filter is designed in a unique way that it makes water penetrate the filters and passes the brewed coffee out only at the bottom. The filter cartridge comes with a real 100% cotton filter that doesn't filter out the tasty coffee oils that paper is known for and isn't bleached . The product is designed for the environment as last years K-Cups sold around 5 Billion. To put that in perspective if lined up end to end would go around the world 2.5 times and are all thrown in the landfill. I was asked to try them out and I never seen anything like it and works fantastic. I will never buy a regular K-Cup ever again as the coffee made with that filter is just awesome and will give you a much better cup of coffee than the regular K-Cup. I can't say enough about them just that they will be available really soon and I just hope I can get some more rather quickly as I cannot use regular K-Cups anymore since I've used them I'm spoiled. I got them to try out from the company and was part of the test team but I'll tell you one thing I ran out of them and I cannot seem to get use to regular K-Cups at all..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2011 8:56:10 PM PST
andersenda says:
What is the name of this amazing product, David?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 21, 2011 5:00:56 AM PST
David Menard says:
I cannot say the name as of yet because I am sworn not to say as my tester contract clearly states. All I can say is they are being produced and will be available in 8 to 12 weeks. If you did a taste test and made a K-Cup and then emptied another genuine K-Cup and put the coffee in their disposable cup you would swear it was two different types of coffees and you would love the coffee made with their disposable cup hands down. This product is going to put a major dent in the green mountain k-cup market for sure. I know they had 100 people test them and everyone of them cannot wait for the product to be released to the public. I know the owners of the company personally and I'm going to try getting some more off of them to hold me over. It's like driving a Cadillac and all of a sudden you are back in a Yugo. Just can't adjust to that very easily.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2011 8:36:58 AM PST
Marie says:
I just hope that they are affordable....I would love to SAVE money while using this new process..I'm all for trying the new product. I have a refillable k-cup, but it is a pain to clean between uses. I loved getting my K-cups from "subscribe and save" right here at Amazon. but...the coffee I liked just went up $.12 a cup in the past month. The world has caught on to Keurig, and now the K-Cups have skyrocketed...Thanks for showing us a light at the end of the tunnel.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2011 6:16:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 28, 2011 6:18:01 AM PST
David Menard says:
I have tried the My K-Cup and it makes an extremely weak cup of coffee. The company whom I cannot mention as of yet has disclosed to me they should be on the market in 7 or 8 weeks. They provided me with the selling price which is $7.99 for 25 K-Cups that can be reused 3 times or so. They are really easy to clean and reassemble if one wants to reuse them. I use them 2 sometimes 3 times and through them into my compose bin in the back yard. They return to earth within 180 days. Try that with Green Mountains K-cups and see what happens. You will grow old waiting for them to decompose, more like never. The other thing I like is that they are all made and assembled in the United States. Something that is unheard of these days.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 28, 2011 7:07:36 AM PST
Marie says:
Thanks for the update...That seems fairly reasonable... If people like them, hopefully they will package in bulk....the last shipment of coffee I got from Amazon averaged $.47 a cup.. In November It was $.33, then $.35. January was $.45 a cup for Coffee People med. donut shop coffee. Amazon have very nice CSRs. I have been dealing with them for years. They are losing A LOT of coffee customers, because of their huge increase(with no warning). Dunkin Donuts coffee is not bad in my K cup, but, I hate cleaning the mesh filter each time...I guess I am soooo spoiled.

Posted on Mar 6, 2011 9:33:17 AM PST
Judy Monette says:
I too, stopped buying kcups from Amazon due to the price increase. Now I'm wondering if the paper filters can be used in the little filter basket system. Or, do I need to buy the holder made for them?
Aside: When using individual filter basket system, I always need to pull down the gasket above the needle to avoid water and grounds going everywhere. After seeing a video on this subject, I'm going to take that gasket out, and then place it on top the filter basket system container, and brew. If need be, I'll check out this problem with paper filter system holder, and see if the same problem exists. I got the original fix from Keurig -- don't understand why such expensive system has such a stupid problem.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2011 10:43:23 AM PDT
Annie says:
thank you.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2011 3:22:24 PM PDT
DisposaKups.com packages cups, paper filters and lids...I, too, just want the paper filter...I don't need the cups or lids as I have a couple of reusable k-cup filters (which, like you, I hate to clean out) - LOL!

I may go into the mini-paper filter business - care to join me :-)

No offense to the manufacturers in China but why can't we, in the USA, make paper filters, tooth picks and assorted other paper;wood pulp based products?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 28, 2011 3:26:45 PM PDT
Wow Matthew, I just read your post and actually thought to try something like that. Call me lazy or call me looking for a quick fix of pre-made little papers. I suppose I can do that :-) Nice to read that others out there who love their Keurig's but dislike the lack of greeness associated with the plastic cups. I must say I have now used 2 paper filters manufactured my disposakups and find that my filling the re-usable k-cup in this way makes a better cup of coffee and I may purchase many more brands of organic coffee then are currently pre-packaged by Green Mt, Deidrich, Tully and all the other K-cup pre-packagers.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  38
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Mar 13, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 18, 2015

Search Customer Discussions