5.0 out of 5 stars Learn What the Antismoker's are really about.
I just finished reading the "Dissecting AntiSmokers' Brains" and I not only found it to be scientifically correct and logical, but also fun to read. In fact, I ordered 10 more to give out to those I know that may be interested.
Published on May 18, 2004 by J. Siepmann

1.0 out of 5 stars A very dangerous book.
A very dangerous book. Author is not able to confront the reality, he present it as he wishes to see it. Unfortunately he won't be able to shield everything and live in his illusion for long, it will turn against him eventually.
Published 16 months ago by april

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Learn What the Antismoker's are really about., May 18, 2004
This review is from: Dissecting Antismokers' Brains (Paperback)
It was very timely for me as our city (Oshkosh, WI) has recently been pushed into a smoking ban due to a group of antismokers comprised of most of the nine personality types that you describe. Though I do not smoke, I find this threat upon our freedoms truly frightening. The website [...] summarizes this book more extensively with quotes and a more indepth analysis. If the general public knew about this book and how good it is, it would be on any best-seller list.
James P. Siepmann, MD, Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Theoretics

5.0 out of 5 stars SHS lies exposed, the air is finallly cleared! Anne Ayotte, March 2, 2005
This review is from: Dissecting Antismokers' Brains (Paperback)
This book has changed my life dramatically. I was deceived by all the misinformation surrounding SHS even though I realized that things just did not add up, I had no proof.

Thanks to Dissecting Antismokers' Brains I now feel totally vindicated and the sense of guilt from this pleasure is pretty much erased. The book is straight forward, thoughtful and well orgnaized. It states all the facts which are easily verified and when you are finished you find yourself wanting more.

When non-smokers read this book they, rightfully so, are outraged to discover that they have been used as pawns in a power stuggle by an elite group of people who are making millions from this. Factor in drug companies making millions from nicotine replacement products and most media outlets threatened with monetary loss if anything positive can be said about SHS and you have the biggest social lie of this generation.

What is happening right now in the free world is nothing short of criminal, akin to organized crime at it's best. Antismoking groups have no real evidence against SHS, just half-truths and outright lies through manipulation. This is racketeering on a world wide scale and most are unaware of this. The newly approved smoking treaty which just came into effect now holds third world countries as hostages who must comply or else. This is extortion and a violation of basic human rights!

We are all victims of these groups whose main goals are power and money but the biggest victims of all are our children. While money, time, media hype and other resources have been wasted on the BIG LIE the use of drugs and alcohol has sky rocketed in young people, STD rates continue to soar and poverty continues to rise. Antismoking groups are apathetic to these REAL problems while continuing to manufacture false data to reap in even more money. These are taxpayers dollars being wasted while freedom of choice is being stripped away.

Finally, for those of you wondering, I am independant of any tobacco companies or other interest groups in this area. I have never met Michael nor have I even had a conversation with him. This book stands on it's own merits, more than I can say for anything published by the antismokers. Read it, you will be amazed and you will even get a few chuckles from his light humour injected throughout. When you are finished send it to someone with some real political clout, someone who will ask the hard questions and expose these criminals for who they really are.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book!, May 2, 2004
Samantha Phillipe (Center Conway, NH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dissecting Antismokers' Brains (Paperback)
He attacks the spin and propaganda used by those trying to eradicate smoking from the face of the earth and while doing so he takes pains to avoid falling into the trap of using the same methods himself: his style is simple and direct, no fancy pictures or mind-games, just facts supporting his arguments.
Overall his book is incredibly readable for the amount of information it packs into its 370 pages: you'll almost feel at times like you're reading a page-turning novel rather than a serious work of non-fiction aimed at a modern social problem. In an email exchange I had with him while writing this review, Mr. McFadden declared his belief that, if he could get copies of the book into every college course dealing with the social debate over smoking, and a copy sitting on the bar of every tavern threatened with a smoking ban, the outrage felt by those readers would provide the impetus needed to fight what has become a very powerful lobby.
After reading Dissecting Antismokers' Brains I think I would have to agree with the author on that point.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth Be Told! ... What's Next, What Size Soda You Can Order??, April 5, 2013
Great book!!

Covers both the science and politics of smoking bans. Made me wonder how much other stuff, I've always assumed was true might be flaky around the edges. The book doesn't try to say that smoking is good, just that the fanatics pushing the anti-smoking stuff are a bit off the wall.

This author separates the science and psychology and politics but he also shows how they get used together to frighten people more than necessary. I was surprised at how up-to-date this was. It was written almost ten years ago but it's like he's talking about the way things are right now with the smoking bans and the excuses for them.

AAA+ I'd give it more but I think long strings of A's look silly!

5.0 out of 5 stars great information, March 25, 2014
This review is from: Dissecting Antismokers' Brains (Paperback)
Michael is good at getting you all the information in this controversial subject. It outlines what has happened with the government manipulating people and the companies motives and who they are behind the scenes. I enjoyed it a lot and recommend this to anyone searching for factual information on the smoking ban subject or even the anti movement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book first, facts and information at your fingertips, August 11, 2005
This review is from: Dissecting Antismokers' Brains (Paperback)
A year ago I gave one of our local commissioners, a huge smoke hater himself, a copy of Michael McFadden's book "Dissecting the Anti Smokers Brain." Our local politicians, ignoring our predictions of what would happen, passed a local ban anyway. We are now working very hard to over turn our ban.

It took a whole year, but just last week the above smoke hater e-mailed me agreeing to a meeting with the bar owners AND said: "if this debate continues...I will soon be quoting and citing from McFadden's book". After he passed the ban I told him to send my book back or pay me the money for it, full price of course. He has now agreed to pay me for the book as well!

To anyone dealing with elected officials. GO ORDER THE BOOK!!! It was the best investment ever! I wish I would have read it long before I did. I still use if for reference. Save yourself a lot of time, spend the money, give it to your elected officials!!! This book is not just an effective weapon against the smoke haters...it is the BEST weapon
against them. Thanks Michael!
Sue Jeffers

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than I expected!, January 30, 2010
Mara (Pittsburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dissecting Antismokers' Brains (Paperback)
I'm a nonsmoker but have read other stuff on this subject since my "significant other" smokes, and this book stands out as both having an unusual approach and having a lot of real science rather than just arguments. The psychology framework makes sense and the author argues it very well. Highly recommended if you're curious about the whole smoking controversy and want to see a different perspective than most of what you get out there. I'm only giving it four stars because I'd like to see it updated. The author did a good job of looking into the future but I'd like to see what he'd predict now that so much of what he warned about has come true!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extreamly educational for all stances on the subject., May 1, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Dissecting Antismokers' Brains (Paperback)
Smokers should read this book so to be able to defend themselves from the antics of the anti-smoking crusade. Anti-smokers should read this to understand what travesties they are forcing upon the world.
McFadden does not let anything slide! This is a piece of heavy hitting FACT based non fiction (thats more than I can say for many other opposing authors). This is such an easy read, in fact, I feel like I am engrossed in a conversation with McFadden whenever I pick it up.
This book says what has been on all rational human's minds for the last two decades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Timely Book, October 8, 2007
This review is from: Dissecting Antismokers' Brains (Paperback)
Michael McFadden's book Dissecting Antismokers' Brains is a great read and a very timely book. With the anti-smoking movement in full swing and growing more radical with a push toward smoking bans in private dwellings, parks, and cars McFadden provides a badly needed critique of the evidence on ETS and the not-so-holy anti-smoking crusade. I would recommend McFadden's book to those Americans who are concerned about how "social engineering" movements can use shaky science to attack private property rights. The only major criticism I have of the book is that it does not have an index. That would have been helpful.

Jeremy Richards, Ph.D.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Long Overdue Expose` on Anti-Smokers, January 4, 2007
This review is from: Dissecting Antismokers' Brains (Paperback)
I live in Erie, PA and the smoking ban mania has just invaded the region. I thought there was no one seriously fighting these bans until I ran across Mr. McFadden and his book on the Internet. I've got a strong sceintific background and was very surprised and impressed to see that someone like Michael McFadden who is obviously an advocate of a political position, actually argue and present the science about the subject so well. I wish I had known about this book a year ago and gotten more involved because maybe we wouldn't be in the bad situation we're now facing here. I would definitely reccommend this book to anyone with an open mind who has an appreciation for a well-written expose`.

Jacqueline Sarah Homan, Erie PA

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xd9a01d18)

Dissecting Antismokers' Brains
Dissecting Antismokers' Brains by Michael J. McFadden (Paperback - May 31, 2004)
$21.95 $20.91