5.0 out of 5 stars Great app organizer should be model for books collections
Published on January 27, 2012 by Quixote2

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't fully utilitzed this app
I have not managed to figure all of it out, but have managed to find some things that were put in it from some downloads. I need to do a little "trial and error" work and haven't had interest to do that as I have gotten used to using my new Kindle.
Published 14 months ago by scmk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app organizer should be model for books collections, January 27, 2012
Quixote2 (Evergreen state) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoToApp Demo (App)
This is a great app. I had about 50 apps on the fire and it was getting difficult to find what I was looking for. With the organization into folders and sub-folders and ordering the most used at the top of the list, it is fast and easy to find the app I am looking for. Easy to change your mind and move an app to another folder. Allows an app to be in 2 or more folders if desired. The establishment of new subfolders is not clearly described, I took 2-3 tries before I got the specific named subfolders where I wanted them.

The author/developer of this app should be encouraged to use this as a model to write an app for book collections that Fire owners have been asking for. Would pay for this as a book collections app.

5.0 out of 5 stars FOR ME.... This is the most usefull application offered!, December 15, 2011
This review is from: GoToApp Demo (App)
Without a doubt, the Kindle Fire is a great machine... period. I had the option to get an IPad as it is Christmas and I could justify paying the premium. However, I just don't like the grand size of the Ipad.

Wasn't this supposed to be a review about the GoToApp? Yes... hold on...

Continuing, the only thing I REALLY missed about the Apple platform was the wonderful menu system. I really don't want to throw off a potential Kindle Fire purchaser, but the delightful Kindle Fire has a very annoying menu system... specifically the "Cloud".

This application takes just a very short time to capture the "logic" of how to use it. It is very much like what I had gotten used to on my Apple Ipod Touch. Here are a few points that I hope will be useful to a current Kindle Fire owner. These were problems that were handled by the application.

With all the wonderful free apps that are offered, my system was getting so cluttered that I was having a difficult time moving around. I did use the "favorites" system of organization, but it was annoying. Now I just launch this application, and I go to a totally new menu system that I CAN CONTROL TOTALLY.

I no longer launch a mail program accidentally. If I wasn't careful, I would select the wrong one. Kindle gave one by default, they upgraded to a newer one for free, there is one specifically for Yahoo users. They all looked similar.
NOW I JUST GO TO MY DAILY FOLDER and read my mail.... the end.

There is no way to clear the "cloud". NOW THERE IS.
If I don't want an item in my menu system,
I just don't enter it. THE END. Clean....

For me, I have 9 categories that fit nicely along the top of the screen.
Daily, Utilities, Bibles, Kindle-Audible, Games, Weather, All Apps,Spare001, Seldom Used
These remain always in view no matter which folder you are actually "in".

When you select each of these categories, the apps that you have decided to put in them pop into view. To date, I have not read a readme file. The developer pre-loaded some folders etc so you could see the logic of how the app operates.

==================================================================
Areas to be improved on.. IMHO... Seriously... IMHO.

1) A help system that is part of the initial setup. Put some FAQ, Readme etc files there for those who wish to get the most out of the system.

2) The second tier of menus is not as intuitive as the first set of folders. By this I mean folders within folders is a little tricky to get the logic for a brand new person. Once you get it, it is dirt simple. It is just not a easy as the first set of folders.
However: You really only need one directory per category unless you get real anal.

3) CHARGE SOMETHING... for the program. Being free puts it in the same category as the " Make your kindle Fart application" which is also free.

4) The name Go ToApp Demo threw me off initially. This is not a "Demo" version, but
the name of the company... I almost did not download it because of this.

5) If this were finely tuned, second/third generation, I would gladly pay $3-$5 for the program. Actually, I hate the cloud default system so much I would probably pay whatever I had to for it. I would not be surprised if Kindle did not make you and offer to "buy" your logic for one of their later releases. This puts it on the level of the Apple menu system.

In conclusion:
If you are used to a menu and folder system, this is a great application.
If the "Cloud" and favorites system is not to your liking, give this a shot!

This app was the missing link, for me, to having a delightful system.
The IPad embarrasses me in public due to its size. I look like what I am... a total geek.
This menu system is totally slick and puts a very nice touch on an otherwise great product!

Cheers to the Developer.... Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic app!!, March 15, 2012
This review is from: GoToApp Demo (App)
Love this app! Tried appbox before and it was very hard to figure out, use or make changes to...this app is far superior! When you install it, it will go thru all your apps and preload them in the default folder matching that app catagory, saving you a lot of time. It's very simple to remove or add apps to each folder.

You can then (in edit mode) move apps higher or lower on the list which is great if you want that folder to display by sort position...or you have it sort by name or even install date. Best of all...each folder can have it's own sort pattern!

The Icon sizes are larger than in appbox, tho not resizable. You can set the background to be white (day) or black (night) and whether you want 3, 4 or 5 icons per row.

I have not gotten the hang of creating child folders (folders within folders) but I don't really need it yet, I only have 60 apps so far. :)

The developer did an awesome job ... and it's free!!! Get this app, you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlocks hidden video camera on Kindle Fire HD, January 7, 2013
This review is from: GoToApp Demo (App)
I downloaded this app after reading a review about a kindle camera app. The Kindle Fire HD comes with a camera, but no (apparent) way to record videos, so I was about to pay money for an app that would allow me to record videos when I read a review stating that the Kindle actually already has this function installed, but that it is "hidden" because there is no icon to open it. I downloaded the GotoApp and when it scanned the kindle for available apps, it finds the camera and provides a shortcut to it! Glad I didn't waste money on a program just to give me access to what was already there!

In addition to finding the hidden camera app, GotoApp provides a much better system for organizing your app shortcuts than the one that comes with the Kindle. You can sort app shortcuts into numerous folders that you create and name yourself, instead of having to scroll through one huge page of apps. This app is definitely worth installing, and is a steal being offered for free.

5.0 out of 5 stars How the Kindle Fire should be!, March 3, 2012
Cody (LAS VEGAS, NV, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GoToApp Demo (App)
This is by far my favorite app for the Kindle Fire. So many of the things that colossally suck about the KF go away when using this app. Carousal? Gone. Apps like Audible that you have to see? Gone. A stupid main menu system of only "Favorites" with no folder subdivision? Gone. This app lets you customize your apps into folders with those folder tabs at the top. It's really incredibly wonderful and it kept me from returning my KF because of its horrible interface. It's amazing it's free! If you have a Kindle Fire you owe it to yourself to try this app out.

By the way, it's not a demo. "Demo" is the name of the company who makes it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Provides the organization for your apps the Kindle Fire is missing, December 6, 2012
This review is from: GoToApp Demo (App)
A very nice way to organize your apps to make your choice easier and quicker. I now open GoToApp whenever I use my Kindle Fire as the gateway to choose the next app. It has a nice option to stay in the Notifications section, which serves as an easy shortcut to open first thing. There is little intrusion into the current OS, just another option for organizing/finding your apps through folders and shorcuts.
Creating folders is very easy, just a short learning curve. Long pressing gives you more options for easy access to folder creation / moving apps / deleting app shortcuts from folders, etc. Deleting an app shortcut from GoToApp will not delete it from your device.
Examples of my Folders:
"Kids Games", "Dad Games", "Entertainment / Info" (Netflix, Gallery, Pandora, Bible...), "E-Mail / Social" (E-mail, Facebook, Contacts...), "Browsing / Shopping", "Office Apps" (Adobe Reader, OfficeSuite, InkPad...), "System Info / Utilities" (Battery, Flashlight, Wifi Analyzer...), "Tools", "New Apps"
Every new app you download gets a shortcut placed into the New App folder and you can then assign a folder to it - so nothing will be missed.
You can also assign the folder GoToApp will open into (I chose "Kids Games" for easy access by my 6 yr old). Not sure which folder to place an App or have a choice between 2 possibilities? Place them in both - they only act as shortcuts to the app anyway.
My only complaint keeping this from a 5 star rating is the appearance of the app - only choices are a black or white background (other pictures or colors would have been nice), and somewhat small icons and small wording with too much space between them (even with the largest settings). But the ease of finding apps far outweighs this 'cool factor'.
This app is a must-get in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for an app to organize all your other apps look no further, February 4, 2013
This review is from: GoToApp Demo (App)
If you are looking for an app to organize all your other apps look no further. GoToApp allows you to create unlimited folders to organize your apps within. You can create shortcuts to the folders on your home screen or place folders within other folders. Apps can be arranged alphabetically, or you can position them. When placing apps in folders, they can be filtered into new apps or apps that aren't in a folder. You can try the free version, which is the full version for the first few weeks. All information is saved when switching to the full version. The app creator was quick to respond to questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great app to manage all of your apps on Kindle Fire, December 5, 2012
This review is from: GoToApp Demo (App)
I love my Fire but hate the lack of organization for all of my apps. This is the answer to my prayers as this app allows me to create folders to organize my apps. It is very intuitive and very easy to use. It is also non-intrusive since it only launches when you launch the app. I save it in my Favorites so I can quickly launch it. This is definitely one of the most useful apps out there! Give it a try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Omg :), July 5, 2012
This review is from: GoToApp Demo (App)
This is exactly what I have wanted for my kindle fire it is great and I recommend it to all kindle fire User :)

5.0 out of 5 stars KINDLE FIRE MUST HAVE APP, February 21, 2012
This review is from: GoToApp Demo (App)
KINDLE FIRE OWNERS you need to get.....GoToApp DEMO. It deleted all of the apps that were stuck in my cloud after uninstalling them! Let's me create my own folders and sort the games and utility apps in separate folders. You can hide folders, create sub folders, move, and organize. It is exactly what every Kindle Fire owner needs! No more muddling through the apps screen, cloud, carousel, or favorites. All in one spot and customize to your preferences!!! Only works with APPS though (not books or docs).

You need to get familiar with it but once you figure out what does what.....super easy!!! You still have to uninstall the apps from your device and probably remove permanently from your "manage apps" at Amazon but any that are already uninstalled or stuck in your cloud will disappear. SO AWESOME!!! It just made my whole week not having them all stuck in there.

I can move my kid's apps to her own folder, and the stuff I use to my own folder. It is possible with this app. I've tried at least 10 others and could not get them to do what I wanted....this takes all of your apps and lists them in folders. You can leave them there or move to new ones.

HINT: if you can't find a specific app in "games" tab or "other" tab....go to "all apps" tab and check mark them and move to "games" or "other" tab.....or to a new folder.....all up to you!

GoToApp Demo