Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

Color: Black, Orange|Size: One Size|Change

on March 22, 2014
I've been a GoPro user (Hero 3 Black), for several years now, and until I ran across this, I'd been carrying my GoPro around on a "mini-tripod"... The small tripod was inexpensive, allowed me to stand it up, and to use it with the GoPro remote. However, my wife and I have a condo in Destin Florida, and we are constantly going to the beach. I have the "floaty back", but you still have to hand hold the camera (which is small as you know). After a beer or two, I think it gets even smaller! Anyway, I've been looking for something like this for some time... The handle is the perfect size, and doesn't slip. It comes with a wrist strap, and caribeaner, plus the bright orange end cap will unscrew if you want to put a few small items inside. If you turn the camera loose in the water, the GoPro will sink down, and the bright orange end cap, will float up allowing you to see it with no problem.. It's even kinda cool to let it flip upside down, and start the video. It gives you a completely different perspective without even holding the camera. I have several friends that have a GoPro, and they've already ordered the POV Dive Buoy for themselves. It's a great handle, and if your like me, always around the beach, or the pool, you can't go wrong!
on August 2, 2014
BOTTOM LINE UP FRONT: Divers, you will need to attach your own tether strap if you want mobility and security while diving. I recommend at least 1-2 feet long. Also, make the handle neutrally buoyant so that if it comes detached, it will be drifting nearby instead of rising to the surface (by the time you can safely ascend and attempt to retrieve it, its going to be very hard to find at the surface, the ocean is very large).

I didn't give it 5 stars because the strap really needs to be longer. It needs to be longer because you can't strap it on your hand and take pictures with the same hand. You may say "just use the other hand," thats true, but when you're 25 meters under the ocean and you have full SCUBA gear on you need to be able to take pictures with the same hand. I lost my GoPro yesterday partly because of this issue. I was annoyed with the strap and forgot to connect it again, I checked my pressure gauge, went to take another picture, and I realized it had floated to the surface. Which leads to the next thing. If you are SCUBA diving deep, MAKE THE HANDLE NEUTRALLY BUOYANT. I wouldn't have lost the go pro had I done this, it would have been simply floating nearby instead of rising to the surface off the coast of a Croatian island in choppy water making it nearly impossible to find. Furthermore, chasing a rising go pro after being 25+meters underwater is a prime scenario for getting decompression sickness.
on May 3, 2014
Bought this to use for some underwater video on a recent Hawaii trip and I couldn't have been happier with this product. The handle has a great feel and grip both in and out of water. The strap lets you "drop" the camera and easily find it underwater without much fuss. And finally it has the perfect amount of buoyancy that it would rise to the surface if you lost it but not too much that you feel it pulling away from you. I didn't use the handle to store anything but I did put a paper towel in there to see if it leaked at all and no leaks after several hard days of use.

This also work as a great general purpose handle for filming and I now use it all the time.
on March 20, 2014
First the good - the grip handle is a good size and it's comfortable. I also threw it in my pool (GoPro attached) and it floats as advertised, no problems.

The bad - I read another reviewer who said the nut fell off of his handle; when I attached my camera the first time, I noticed the plastic thumb nob doesn't feel as sturdy as other GoPro accessories. Mine is still in tact and I'm hoping for the best.

The kinda-bad-but-not-a-big-deal - The strap seems pretty good, quality-wise, but mine arrived with a small, metal carabiner. Naturally, I attached the strap to the carabiner, then the carabiner to the handle. When I reviewed my first footage using the handle, it sounded like tap dancers on a tin roof. The carabiner's clack-clack-clack against the bottom of the handle was awful. Simple fix - detach the carabiner, toss it, and attach the strap directly to the handle. Easy peasy.

The face-palm aspect - If you've seen the pic for this handle, you know the handle is hollow and can be used to hold items. All true. About 30 seconds after opening the box, a wonderful thought struck me - I wondered if the circumference of the grip was large enough to store spare batteries?! Nope.

Granted, I know they didn't advertise that it was big enough to store a battery or two, but it literally is a centimeter too small. As in, if you're that close to being the right size, why not do it? One simple re-design would've solved it and added real value to it. Oh well, maybe version 2 will figure it out.

Bottom line - it's OK. Feels good in the hand, let's you shoot steady footage, and it floats.
on October 22, 2014
Saved my Go Pro from the undertow of the Pacific ocean! Was using it in the sand to film my son splashing around in the ocean when a sudden big wave came in and took the camera out. It was drawn into the ocean and I went running for it and saw the orange and grabbed it, whew!!

Also use this in a pool and works great there too. Can actually toss the Go Pro with the handle attached around in the pool or underwater and it floats back to the top no problem. You can also adjust the buoyancy by letting water into the handle, which is fantastic for underwater shots.

Also great out of the water as a way to hold the Go Pro without your hand creeping up into the pov of the lens. Go pro's are small and hard to hold and aim but this solves that issue.

Overall glad I purchased this, and I've had it for half a year and it still works great.
on August 23, 2015
These are excellent GoPro grips and a great price. The diameter of the handle is pretty big so you get a good grip which helps steady the camera. I did not want them to float as I took them scuba diving. I filled the handles with fresh water and they were fine. The seals work great. I did not see any sea water get into the handles and they did not leak water when I got off the boat. I would not be concerned about using the handle for dry storage. You might consider putting some dessicant in just in case. I used a safety line on the camera housing to the grip to ensure I did not lose the camera in case the bolt came out. We did not use the wrist strap as we but retractable cords on to attach to our equipment.
on June 25, 2014
Purchased to use while snorkeling and was well worth it. I brought it with me on a cruise and was able to use the dry storage for some cash. The handle is also easy enough then when you want to you can swim with no issues using the wrist strap.
on March 23, 2014
I used used this for a canoe trip and enjoy the peace of mind that my camera will float if it goes in the water. The grip feels very comfortable, and I can hide money and keys inside the handle. Good product.
on November 30, 2015
Love this puppy! It works 100% satisfactorily. I used this numerous times diving in the Mediterranean sea instructing classes. This works as advertised and is a GoPro contender with great value. I have zero complaints on this product, and I buy a LOT of GoPro products!!
on January 5, 2015
A great product. It's rather large, but that's what I wanted. It is more than enough to make a GoPro float, but if you use it in rivers like I do, don't expect it to be easy to spot. I added some color to it to make it more visible. Regardless, it's a great product that is also great for diving. I slide the loop around my arm and it keeps the camera above my body as I scour the river floors for fossils. Now scratches and no issues! I would recommend it to anyone.