4.0 out of 5 stars A scholarly guide to increasing diversity
Published on July 29, 2009 by Rolf Dobelli

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book
The book arrived on time, I had no issues with its condition. The book is an easy read, there is so much information in there that if you do not pay attention you may miss something. It was a good read. I got an A in this class.
Published 8 months ago by Marisel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A scholarly guide to increasing diversity, July 29, 2009
This review is from: Diversity in Organizations (Hardcover)
Most Americans agree that discrimination is wrong. The U.S. population is an amazingly varied patchwork of people from every conceivable background and orientation. Nevertheless, widespread discrimination prevents members of racial minorities, as well as people of other classifications, such as women, disabled people, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people, from realizing their full potentials at work. The recognition and celebration of diversity is essential to a smoothly functioning U.S. society. In this textbook, diversity expert Myrtle P. Bell explains that diversity is a strength, not a weakness. Employers who actively seek to create diverse workplaces benefit from doing so. getAbstract recommends this book to human resource managers and others who wish to promote workplace diversity and end discrimination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed for my class, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Diversity in Organizations (Hardcover)
Perfect condition. Used it for Devry sociology class. The class itself used the book 50% and class readings 50%. The book met all of my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, relevant and easy to read!, May 30, 2010
This review is from: Diversity in Organizations (Hardcover)
This book is one of those rare texts that is easy to read as well as relevant for application across different organizations.

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous book, May 26, 2014
I was looking for a comprehensive book on diversity for my undergraduates and I found it in this one. It has wonderful content and is well researched and written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diversity, April 21, 2014
Excellent book encompassing all aspects of diversity, and a few I didn't even think of as a diversity issue. Very informative, written in logical order. Great summaries given at end of every chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly informative, January 29, 2014
Easy to understand,great read. Got it to use as a reference for a research paper,was unexpectedly intrigued and had to read it just for my own interest

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book, January 28, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book to keep on your shelf, December 13, 2013
There is nothing wrong with the book itself it is just I did not really need to use it for my online culture and diversity class. I will however keep it in case I need to reference in the future. I am in nursing school so I am sure I will need to reference to it in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Diversity in Organizations, December 5, 2013
This review is from: Diversity in Organizations (Hardcover)
I needed this book for a college course. And I received an "A: for the class. Diversity is everywhere in this country. Be well aware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to know and info, March 6, 2013
This is good information but I would not buy it again and needed it for taking HR course.
Good to know about this in the changing diversity

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Diversity in Organizations
Diversity in Organizations by Myrtle P. Bell (Hardcover - February 16, 2006)
$154.95 $147.20