Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-24 of 24 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 10, 2009 6:19:01 PM PST
M. Bottoni says:
In case you were wondering what the "Divine Edition" is.
Taken from EA's Store:

All those who purchase Dante's Inferno on the PlayStation 3 will be receiving the special "Divine Edition"! The Divine Edition is an exclusive for the PS3 and includes developer commentaries, a Wayne Barlowe digital art book, the soundtrack to the game and a digital version of the complete Longfellow translation of Dante Alighieri's Inferno - all for the standard retail price!

Dante's Inferno Divine Edition Includes:

* Dark Forest PDLC pack FREE (available March)
* Wayne Barlowe Digital Art Book
* Developer Documentary
* Digital copy of the Longfellow translation of Dante's Inferno
* 20 song soundtrack from the game
* Custom Divine Edition packaging

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 7:25:05 PM PST
Thiamath says:
Hmmmm sounds very tempting, is this game really good?, if that' so, i'll give it a shot....!!!

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 7:44:53 PM PST
Do you get an action figure? or is that only at gamestop?

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 9:26:19 PM PST
Adam Arnold says:
If you like God of War, then you'll most likely enjoy Dante's Inferno as they're of that same type of gameplay.

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 9:47:57 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2009 9:48:49 PM PST
S. Ryan says:
What is the Dark Forest PDLC pack? Oh and for anyone that hasn't you all really need to check out the demo on psn the game is epic. and it has boobies :P lmao

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 10:59:51 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 10, 2009 11:00:51 PM PST
M. Bottoni says:
Yeah, I hear the demo is awesome! I'm going to download it right now.

I'm pretty sure the figure is a gamestop exclusive. Honestly, I think I'm going to pre-order through them. That figure looks pretty high quality for being "free."

I assume the dark forest will be an add on level that xbox 360 owners will have to pay for. I love my 360, but i'll getting this for ps3.

Posted on Dec 10, 2009 11:00:03 PM PST
The PS3 demo was pure awesome. I've got my copy pre-ordered.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2009 1:27:54 AM PST
DAMIEN says:
I agree. i enjoyed the demo...its fantastic!

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 2:35:34 AM PST
T. Streck says:
I wouldn't worry about the figurine from Gamestop. There's supposed to be a line from either DC Direct or Neco. Oh, and the demo ROCKS. \m/

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 10:18:19 AM PST
R. Pickman says:
If you like mangling people with Death's Scythe, try the demo.
If you like riding giant demons that unleash fire on your enemies, try the demo.
If you like boobs, try the demo.

Gamestop is giving away an action figure and free overnight shipping with the promotional code 7THCIRCLE. Normally I go with Amazon but that's too sweet a deal to pass up.

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 4:09:23 PM PST
twztid13 says:
the textures are about the same as GoWc. very good cutscenes, but definitely a rental w/ all the great games coming out at that time.

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 7:30:33 PM PST
N. Picone says:
Demo is up on PSN, just played it, it is freaking intense! will definitely be picking this game up now, Divine Edition FTW!

Posted on Dec 11, 2009 7:49:17 PM PST
Mirror_Man says:
This Divine Edition is definitely a day one buy for me. Honestly, after playing the demo 5 times, I don't even think it was necessary to create this Divine Edition to compete with GOW3. They already had my money...

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2009 1:35:55 AM PST
The Dark Forest is the locale where the story begins. He descends from there into Hell, so I am assuming that this DLC would insert a short playable level at the beginning of the game. That is complete speculation on my part though.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2009 6:53:54 AM PST
I used to work at GameStop, and if you want the figurine just pre-order it, pick up the figurine when it comes in, cancel and get your money back, and then buy it on here to get the "Divine" stuff. This looks great though. I'm very excited. We'll see if I can stop playing God of War I, II, & III long enough to put it in my system.

Posted on Dec 12, 2009 10:48:50 AM PST
M. Bottoni says:
T.J.-
Gamestop has the Divine Edition as well. I'm pretty sure ALL PS3 copies are the Divine Edition. The Divine Edition is not an amazon exclusive.

Posted on Dec 13, 2009 11:32:34 AM PST
Watcher says:
This is probably the first time a demo has MADE ME BUY a game! Uncharted originally would have but I knew I would love and buy that game anyway so that doesn't count. I absolutely LOVE God of War and this game pays homage to it in droves! I'm just as hyped about this game as I am God of War III.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2009 12:11:57 AM PST
dude, i've played both and there is no comparison to the graphics in GoWc and DI. Don't listen to this guy. Apparantly he don't(sic) see too good. DI is AMAZING and I preordered it right after the playing the demo. sicksicksick!!

Posted on Dec 30, 2009 6:36:31 AM PST
Amazon is giving a 10$ promotional credit for all future game purchases when you pre-order this game. So this definately gives an edge to amazon over the Gamestop Pre-order bonus of a Crappy toy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 30, 2009 8:15:38 PM PST
Ann M. says:
It's not a crappy toy. NECA is one of the best figure manufactures around. They are known for their attention to detail and highly quality sculpts with a lot of articulation. http://www.necaonline.com/article/detail/285

Posted on Jan 1, 2010 6:50:39 PM PST
Seeing as how I currently work for Gamestop, It is impossible to do what TJ O'Keefe recommends. The figure is not handed out at time of Pre-Order, but at time of pick-up and to add to it, the figure is not in stock yet anyway.
The Divine Edition is a PS3 exclusive. Buy it here, Wal*Mart, Gamestop, Target, it doesn't matter. So long as you get the PS3 version, it's the Divine Edition.

Posted on Jan 14, 2010 6:30:46 PM PST
LadySnape says:
Does anyone know what kind of download is the Longfellow poem and how the soundtrack is going to be done? In other words, do you think there's a separate CD for the soundtrack? Does the Longfellow download go only to the ps3 system? How is this going to work?

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 12:08:38 PM PST
well if you normally pre order off amazon, the figurine from gamestop is effectively 10 dollars - ONLY because you get 10 dollars off your next video game order. So i'll probably pass up the figurine for the discount, and get my mass effect 2 for 45$ instead of 60

Posted on Jan 15, 2010 6:12:59 PM PST
You can also get the figure at Blockbuster with $5 down preorder.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  24
Initial post:  Dec 10, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 15, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about