Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on October 6, 2011
This is a Christian divorce devotional and although all of these devotions can be received free "one day at a time", I purchased the book because I could go to the section that I needed on the day I needed it without searching for or printing a bunch of emails. I found the book convenient to leave on the nightstand especially right after the divorce.

Even though my divorce was over a year and a half ago I still find myself turning to it for advice. It covers children, relationships, anger, healing and so much more.
on May 24, 2007
As a divorced woman, single mom, and now a family counselor, I read this book every day --- it helps me keep my focus in wise places. All of us, even if we are "trained" in counseling, need help keeping our focus on positive thoughts and on the possibilities that God may have in store for us. As I struggle to help my kids process their pain, as I try to learn how to cope with each new day, the daily readings in this book are helpful and very positive.

Barbara Sheldon, M.S.W.
I also highly recommend: Moving Forward After Divorce: Practical Steps to * Healing Your Hurts * Finding Fresh Perspective * Managing Your New Life
on February 9, 2008
I went to [...] and located a support group near me(by zipcode). Both the support group and this devotional were a blessing. I found it to be healing, comforting and exactly what I needed. It is well written and the chapters helped me read the phase that I was in. It speaks to exactly what I was going through and provided healing and most of all it provided hope. I would highly recommend this book for anybody who is going through a divorce or has been divorced in the past.

Read Day 1 - What's Happening?
[..]

About the Authors....................379
About DivorceCare and The Church Initiative, Inc....................380
DivorceCare Resources....................381
on March 2, 2016
Very helpful and encouraging. I would give it 5 stars, but I discovered, not long after purchasing this book, that I could sign up for daily emails from Divorce Care....which are taken from this book. So, I get the content free and daily in my inbox (so that I read it more consistently.
on January 3, 2016
This book helped me greatly. It gave me words to put to the feelings I was experiencing. It also gave me encouragement as I worked through the process of healing. Thank God for this resource. I also joined the DivorceCare support group in my church. Great ministry.
on May 2, 2016
I would recommend this book for anyone separated or going through divorce. It took me years to come to the decision to divorce my college sweetheart after a thirty-five year marriage. I felt I had already mourned my marriage. I was very wrong. Mr. Grissom has helped me feel normal in a totally foreign situation. Thank you.
on May 4, 2015
I am just starting to go through a divorce. we are separated and the divorce goes through in June. We were married for almost 23 years, together for 24. The Divorce Care daily items I get on my e-mail every day are so helpful, so I decided to purchase the book. My pastor would like to get a group started at our church and we both feel this is a great book to start with. I know it has helped me tremendously.
on May 12, 2015
The Christian struggling with the challenge of being divorced or separated will gain exponentially from reading this book. The format is designed with daily meditations but it is very tempting and worthwhile to read multiple pages at a time. This is a self- help book that has something to say for sure. This is a great resource for individuals and supportive families and friends going through it.
on February 4, 2014
This book is great for those facing a separation/and/or divorce. It is a supplemental book to the series from the support group by Divorce Care. I recommend taking the classes for Divorce Care as well which includes a support group, video about the topics in this book and the homework workbook to get the most out of it. It truly brings healing. I got through the pain and suffering of my divorce, especially when one losses their Christian marriage and they don't understand the "why's". It refocuses us back to God and you are able to learn not just the faults of your mate, but yours as well that contribute to the break-up of the marriage. This book is a great supplement to the group if you join the support group. This is a devotional book with a topic of the day you may be facing, a scripture, explanation of what you may be facing and a prayer to go with the topic. I recommend this book.
on December 8, 2015
Good and simple daily devotion to work through while you are processing a divorce. It's done by category, loss, anger, etc. Very pertinent daily devotions that are validating, encouraging and though provoking.