Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Divorced, Desperate and Deceived (Divorced and Desperate Book 3)
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

VINE VOICEon August 3, 2010
Kathy Callahan has had the hots for her plumber, Stan Bradley, for the almost three years he's been in town. She calls him up to fix her pipes, even if they don't need it...and dreams of him fixing her pipes. There's just so much to like about him, and he's great with her son Tommy. The problem is, he's a man, and after a traumatic divorce, she's been very gun shy. Now that her son is in Europe with his father for a month, however, Kathy seizes on an opportunity to follow through on her attraction. Of course, no sooner does she try to give up on her fear and trust all the signals Stan's been sending out over two years of flirting, that it seems Stan has given up. When Kathy shows up at his house find out if the plumber's ship has sailed, she sort of throws herself at him and ends up in his lap. It's a great place to be...until another woman shows up, then the bullets start to fly. Before Kathy can catch a breath, she's on the run from mobster goons, she almost killed a man with a toilet seat, and she finds out her plumber Stan is really Luke Hunter, undercover FBI agent serving time in Witness Protection until he can give testimony to take down a notorious crime boss. So much for trusting men!

I've been a huge fan of Christie Craig since I picked up Shut Up and Kiss Me a few months ago and since then I've read several of her fun romantic suspense novels. They're great light entertainment, and despite the underlying thread of suspense and danger, they're cute and sexy. Divorced, Desperate and Deceived is no different in that regard, and there were several characters I really enjoyed - especially the erstwhile bodyguard turned lackluster goon, Joey...though I'm still not sure of the connection between birdwatching and being gay. Luke was just as delectable as all of Craig's leading men, and his protectiveness of Kathy was both endearing and sweet. I especially enjoyed spending more time with Sue and Jason from Divorced, Desperate and Dating (Romantic Mysteries) and Lacy and Chase from Divorced, Desperate and Delicious (I haven't read that one yet, but I met them in Sue and Jason's book).

In truth, the only character I couldn't warm up to was Kathy, and that became my primary issue with this book. I felt her character came off too much like a damsel in distress when the bullets were flying and too bitter and suspicious when they weren't. The assumptions and disbelief about Luke's relationship with his geriatric landlady was funny at first, but went from funny to completely aggravating by the fourth or fifth accusation. My dislike of her character is not meant to imply that there was a problem with how the author chose to portray her - author's prerogative. I simply mean that my preferences in female leads in a book - and in romance in particular - lean away from the girly-girl, victim-in-waiting type. I prefer smart, capable women who can either talk, think, or fight their way out of their problems. In this book, Luke was the manly man making all the decisions and Kathy followed along behind him like a good girl, and that's not what I prefer.

Also, while I liked the threads that drew Jason and Chase and their spouses into the storyline, as well as the evolution of Joey, the multiple transitions between Luke and Kathy and the rest of the participants disrupted the pacing of the plot and took away from the development of Luke and Kathy as individual characters and their relationship together. I did, however, enjoy the sense of completion that came from the epilogue and the feeling of the overall arc of the loosely connected trilogy coming to a satisfying conclusion. I preferred Divorced, Desperate and Dating for reading enjoyment, but I still think Divorced, Desperate and Deceived was well written and fun, and I am, of course, anxiously awaiting anything else Craig plans to write. 3.5 Stars.

Originally reviewed for One Good Book Deserves Another.
VINE VOICEon November 7, 2012
I read the rest of the series and enjoyed it so it's almost like an obligation to finish it. I can't say as I was thrilled with the idea of it. Now I wish I had gone with my gut.

Because every segment is broken up with flashes of what everyone is doing, one day lasts FOREVER. It's exhausting and frustrating! And it screws up the pace. The author decided to constantly stop at these tense built up tense moments only to let you down when you returned to that group of people. You read about Kathy, flash to Joey, check on Chase and Jason, flash back to Kathy. Even the love scenes are interrupted this way. At about 40 percent, I was about to pull my hair out. I have read The Far Pavilions, a 900+ page book, but this somehow felt longer. It got to the point that I really didn't care about Kathy and Luke in their own story!

The story line was just so implausible, that I had a hard time suspending disbelief.

1.5 - 2 STARS: This one just didn't come together. The most annoying thing about it is that it is so BORING. The longer I read it the more I hated it. I read romances for the romance. I thought this would be Kathy's story. It's actually only 1/3 her story.
on December 5, 2009
Kathy Callahan is the last woman standing of the Divorced, Desperate and Delicious club. Her two best friends are now blissfully happy in their second marriages and are starting families of their own. While Kathy is delighted for Lacy and Sue, after the disastrous ending to her last marriage, a second go around is definitely not in the cards for her. What she would like to do, however, is have a "go around" with her sexy, skilled plumber, Stan Bradley. Too bad for Kathy her plan to get into bed with Stan lands her smack in the middle of a whole different kind of action.

Luke Hunter, aka Stan Bradley, is a federal agent in the Witness Protection Program. He doesn't mind his cover as a plumber, especially when he has gorgeous redheads like Kathy Callahan for clients. But with the trial he's been waiting to testify for finally approaching, Luke knows he's going to eventually come clean with the woman he's sure he's falling in love with. His confession's sped up when the man he's trying to help put behind bars finally catches up with Luke - while Kathy's with him, no less. It's not long before Luke and Kathy are on the run for their lives. Danger's running high and passion hot, but will Luke's deception end the relationship he wants with Kathy before it even has a chance to start?

The fun - and action - never stops in the enchanting Divorced, Desperate and Deceived. Christie Craig's prose practically sparkles with liveliness and charm in the exciting conclusion to her stunning Divorced, Desperate and Delicious Club trilogy. What makes Divorced, Desperate and Deceived so wonderful is its characters. Kathy is a woman burned by her first marriage and thus is wary of embarking on another serious relationship. I felt for her, but at the same time was pulling for Luke to break down the barriers Kathy tried to erect around her heart. As for the agent himself, he has a protective streak a mile wide and that, along with his caring heart and sensual appeal, made him a delicious hero.

Though it's the third book in the series, Divorced, Desperate and Deceived fully stands on its own. However, readers who loved the first two books will be pleased to know that not only do Lacy, Sue, Chase, and Jason play strong supporting roles in this story, Ms. Craig gives nods to their quirks and past events in the other two books. As a huge fan of this series, I was delighted to spend more time with characters that now seem like old friends to me. Furthermore, the epilogue provided a fantastic wrap-up to the series as a whole that fans new and old are sure to adore.

I guarantee if Divorced, Desperate and Deceived is your first venture into Ms. Craig's books you'll want to go back for more. It's vibrant, humorous, tender, and an utterly satisfying read. I loved this book and can't wait to read more by the brilliant Ms. Craig.

Shayna
Reviewed for Joyfully Reviewed
on September 6, 2012
(Contains spoilers)
Kathy, a divorced mother, finally decides to launch herself in a relationship with Stan, a plumber which has pursued her for nearly 3 years. Unfortunately, the same day a gang of killers is aimed to kill the federal agent Luke Hunter, who has spent the last 3 years feigning to be Stan Bradley, a plumber, being a key witness in a process against Lorenzo, a big boss. Luke has no other alternative that escape bringing Kathy with him in order to protect her. They cannot contact anyone accept the person in charge of Luke's case, which happens to be not available. In a carousel of events, Luke and Kathy manage to survive, mainly thanks to one of the bad boys who turns against his boss. I found the plot unnecessary stretched, and especially found annoying the excessive attention to Joey's story. It ruined the rhythm of the narration.
on January 2, 2016
She does it again! I love Christie Craig's books and characters. They are unique to her writing and loads of fun to read. Kathy was relatable and lovable while Tom is stoic and totally smitten with Kathy. This one had a lot of action and the sub-plot made the story that much richer. It was nice to see a behind the scenes for once and it wasn't over done to the point where you lost focus with the main storyline. It was a nice wrap-up in the end, if not a little lengthy. I will be reading anything she publishes!
on April 8, 2014
I like this author just not a fan of this series and this last booked my least favorite of the three.I didn't get the humor in this book at all, it was either me or the book and after reading other reviews I'm going for the book. So much time was spent jumping from all the different characters I didn't remember who the story was about! I don't mind when books have a secondary couple but this book didn't do it the right way. Getting into what's going on for one couple and then it switches to another character I just didn't want to keep up, to much going on. Also and this will be a spoiler but at the end when Kathy finds out she is pregnant was so unbelievable I couldn't get past it. First there was no way they didn't even finish and second there was like a week after it happened she finds out she is pregnant? Never have I heard of that early being able to find out. Just not my favorite Craig book but I will keep reading her.
on December 13, 2015
The women are beautiful and sexy, the men are handsome and sexy and the stories are fun, sexy, and absolutely hilarious even when being serious. Christie Craig has the wonderful ability to find humanity and humor in everything: she makes me laugh out loud!
on May 26, 2014
This book was funny, had a wonderful love story and plenty of excitement! Stan is a plumber, Kathy a florist whose husband left her for an OLDER woman! Now she's determined to get back in the game and after Stan repeatedly asking her out and her turning him down, she changes her mind and goes to his house. When gunmen show up and a shootout occurs, she ends up running for her life with the sexy plumber. Chaos ensues as they try to remain one step ahead of the bad guys while figuring a way out. Very entertaining and look forward to more of her work. Recommend!
on January 7, 2016
Loved the third book in her series! I laughed and couldn't put it down! The book has some really steamy romance and action packed suspense! I live this series and can't wait to read the rest! Already On the fourth and downloaded #5! This book keeps your interest and doesn't let you down!
on February 22, 2015
I probably didn't give this book much of a chance because I was on such a high from Book 2 "Divorced, Desperate, and Dating" that nothing could compare. But it had some great funny parts and the main characters weren't bad. Just not one of Ms. Craig's best books.