Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dixie Quicktakes Disposable Food Storage Containers with Attached Lids, 25 Count
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

VINE VOICEon October 2, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We've probably all used disposable storage containers before. Ziploc and Glad make them, for example: plastic containers and lids that are pretty cheap and therefore in effect disposable. You can reuse them, but they're inexpensive enough that you don't mind sending them out of the house knowing you'll never see them again. Dixie now offers a product along the same lines, but with a gimmick that sets it apart from the others: hinged lids. When I requested this product I didn't expect to be wowed--how much different could Dixie's containers be?-- but it turns out that the lids make an enormous difference in their usability. I didn't realize how much I hated having to root around for matching lids until I didn't have to do it anymore.

In other respects, too, the Dixie containers do their job perfectly: the sizes are convenient (one and three cups), and they're microwaveable and top-rack dishwasher safe. (I haven't thrown any in the dishwasher, but they've performed fine in the microwave). And they're very cleanable outside of the dishwasher. In particular, the recessed part of the lid, where it fits over the container, is wide enough that you can clean it with a sponge, so nothing gets stuck in there. We've already used them to store a great many food items ("This is the perfect solution for storing feta cheese!" my husband cried from the kitchen the other night) as well as craft items: a three-cupper was just the thing for housing the rubber bands my daughter's using with her Rainbow Loom.

All the above is well and good, but what really sets the Dixie containers apart is their attached lids. I, for one, am a convert. I will not willingly buy disposable storage containers with separate lids again.

UPDATE 11/3/13: A month later, and I'm loving these storage containers even more. I've got them stacked on my kitchen counter, so I've used the top ones repeatedly--used and washed and dried and used again and again. So far, they've held up perfectly: eventually it seems inevitable that the hinges will give out, but there's no sign of it yet. Meanwhile, the other day I took the step of putting my other plastic storage containers away in the back of a cupboard. I haven't used them since these babies arrived.

-- Debra Hamel
on June 27, 2014
I absolutely love these! Of course the best part of these containers is that the lids are attached! It was so liberating clearing out my cluttered, piled up tupperware cupboard, surprise! I had about 5 random lids leftover, so I guess I lost some bottoms. When I received these, washed them and put them in their new home, they stack nicely and are easy to grab. I used them the other day for a sandwich and sliced apple, they held up nicely, they sealed well and did not pop open. I love that they are dishwasher safe and I will be buying more of these wonderful containers for myself and my mom! I highly recommend these! YAY FOR NO MORE FINDING MATCHING LIDS!!!
VINE VOICEon October 7, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I absolutely love these containers! We use a lot of Gladware (and occasionally Ziploc) containers, so I was eager to try these. The plastic is a little thinner than Gladware or Ziploc, but the price (currently $11) is also a bit lower than either of the other two.

The sizes in this pack are just wonderful. The larger one is great for small meals while the smaller one is perfect for those little bits of leftovers you don't know what to do with. I even took a small one to use as temporary storage for rechargeable batteries until I find something more suitable. The lids can be a little tough to seal, meaning the seal is secure - I even put water in one and didn't see any leaking (though I'd be hesitant to trust it completely). I've been keeping Keebler cookies in one at my computer desk and they don't have even a hint of staleness after a week of storage.

The attached lid does mean you will never lose the lids, but this is where I prefer the Gladware containers. Since the lids are attached, I found it difficult to store them in my cupboard. It also is a bit awkward to eat with the lid dangling over the side. I never had a problem with lost Gladware or Ziploc lids, but I did have problems with newer container lids not fitting old containers. I liked the idea of the attached lid until I realized how bulky the containers were to store.

These containers are certainly a useful thing to have around the house. They have a nice seal and are inexpensive enough that you don't mind throwing them away when they begin to look horrible. Plus they are microwave and dishwasher safe! I definitely recommend these, especially if you pack lunch or a snack for work or school.
on January 19, 2014
no more loosing the lids. which they came in more sizes. made a mistake when ordering, i was going to have an order of these shipped to me once a month. will have to fix that now, so that i get a new set every month. :)

UPDATE: 2-25-2014

These are not freezable. They will crack and break when frozen. If they were freezable they would be perfect. But have to lower my rating to "It's Okay".

Alas my hunt for an all around cheap storage container with attached lid continues.
44 comments|8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 30, 2014
These are handy because lid is attached. They are really thin plastic, crack easily & kinda hard to clean. If your not worried about these for longterm use they are ok. I have chosen to use them for spice packets, beads, cereal servings, just whatever I don't want laying around. they do nest nicely inside of each other. I got them for under $6 for 25. I am ok with that price, but any higher & I'd pass. I wont reorder unless I happen upon that price savings/coupon combination again.
on October 23, 2014
BOUGHT THESE CONTAINERS TO KEEP ON HAND FOR PEOPLE TO TAKE HOME LEFTOVERS FROM DINNER, AND NOT HAVE TO EVER WORRY ABOUT LOSING MY DISHES AND BOWLS AGAIN. WORKS SO WELL. I NEVER HAVE TO WRITE MY NAME ON MY DISHES ANYMORE, IN HOPES THEY GET RETURNED. SAVES ALOT OF MONEY IN THE LONGRUN.
on March 31, 2014
These are great to have on hand for sending leftovers home with my kids. I don't have to worry about whether or not they are coming back...and no looking for lids.
These held up even when we poured hot meatballs and barbeque sauce in them! And then held up when microwaving chilli! Something I would never do in my good plastic ware.
on September 22, 2015
I needed a method for transporting snacks to work in the bottom of my tote bag, and these fit the bill. Very few things are crushed within them with normal usage, and when the holidays come around, I feel much better about these walking off than my glass rubbermaid containers.

On the top rack of the dishwasher, they wash well. There might be some staining if the food that was in them was stored for a bit too long or it was particularly red. (I'm just sending the stained ones out with thanksgiving leftovers) Little to no warping from the dishwasher and they all stack neatly together. AND you never have to hunt for lids. Ever. Which is wonderful.

On and final note: These ended up also being a good tool for portion control, The one cup containers are really handy for only having those snacks on hand instead of having the box available.
on October 2, 2015
Lids fit well but the containers will leak if turned over. The plastic is a little on the thin side but they're designed to be disposable. The price is right too. I'd give it five stars of they would switch the quantities and offer more of the larger containers than the small ones.
on January 12, 2016
I feel bad for how much I love these containers. If you are anything like me, you have good intentions when bringing your lunch to work and when you get home you either leave your containers in the car, office or anywhere besides getting them in the sink to be washed. I hate dishes and I hate doing dishes with dried food even more. I bought these so I could take lunch to work and throw away the container in the end. Do I like the affect they make on my carbon foot print? NO, but I drive over an hour to work every day so why not keep adding to it? The sizes were a little inconvenient but beggars cannot be choosers. The lids snap on very securely and I never felt like my food would spill. I stored everything from pizza to soup in these bad boys and they worked like a charm. They are completely microwavable and do not make your food taste weird one bit. They store nicely and they all stack inside each other. I have ordered these same containers 5 times now and probably won't stop for awhile. Some days I wash them and use them again even! These compare if not beat other leading brands like this. I would recommend this product to anyone looking for a solution to the problem I was having. I spend more in containers for food because I would lose it or just throw it away because there was an entire mold kingdom growing inside!