4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Fitting, Simple Nexus 4 Case
Published 20 months ago by Bradley Corwin

2.0 out of 5 stars Good case overall, but pushes my screen protector off
Published 18 months ago by karoseyn

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Fitting, Simple Nexus 4 Case, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for LG Nexus 4 - Retail Packaging (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Length:: 1:19 Mins

The Diztronic Flexible TPU Case for the LG Nexus 4 works great. It provides nice protection to the Nexus 4. It likes to slide around and with two glass sides it is a good idea to protect it. The case fits nice and snug without any buttons being obstructed and allowing ample room to charge and plug in headphones. The soft buttons allow less areas for dust to build up. The case itself seems to attract some dust. Something else to note which I forgot in the video is the border around the front of the phone is glossy black instead of matte black, where the rest of the case is matte black. The only other thing is the Diztronic label is large on the back but I don't notice it that often.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Case for Nexus 4, December 9, 2012
Remember, all cases are a compromise between style and protection. Some of us want protection that is not like an Otterbox, but at the same time more than just a plastic scratch protector. It appears Diztronic did this right.

PROS:
1. High quality workmanship and manufacturing. No rough edges or frayed plastic.
2. Snug fit, but not too tight.
3. No cut outs for the buttons as that loosens the case and allows pocket lint and dust another entry point. Buttons work fine.
4. The lip on front is very useful for accidental drops or if you should place your phone screen down and it moves. It protects the screen.
5. The case will protect from small accidental drops and scratches.
6. The cutouts for the camera, speaker, micro USB, headphone jack, and microphones are perfect. They line up exactly.
7. Minimalistic design that offers protection, but is still slim.

CONS:
1. Like other cases of this style, if dirt & debris enter the case from any opening, it may scratch the metal bezel and glass back. It may be a good idea to protect the back with a plastic skin.
2. The back appears to have been fused or molded on, thereby delineating an edge around the back. This is no problem, but I would have preferred it to be smooth like other Diztronic cases of the past.
3. The Diztronic logo on the back should be one font size smaller.
4. The Nexus 4 tends to heat up on heavy 3G use, this case will prevent you from feeling the heat. This isn't necessarily a "CON", but important to point out since if you feel heat, then the battery will drain quickly and users should be aware of this.

BOTTOM LINE: This is the best slim case for the Nexus 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit & Finish! Wireless Charging works!, December 21, 2012
Kevin T. Brian (Tigard, OR United States) - See all my reviews
I had the Rearth Ringke case before this which was just too thin to put me at ease. This case has a real high quality feel and a nice thickness that makes me feel my phone is protected, yet it doesn't take too much away from the Nexus' thin form factor and sleek styling. Yes, it's a little slippery but nothing that really bothers me. Same thing with the logo on the back. The way some reviewers have talked about the logo on here, I thought it was going to be huge, but it's not and just as big as the Otterbox logo on my last case which was fine for me personally.

There seem to be a few reviews from users complaining about how the case messed up their screen protector. I don't use screen protectors because both sides of the Nexus are made of Gorilla Glass 2 which makes it nearly un-scratchable. Screen protectors aren't really necessary anymore, so I say don't waste your money and don't cover up that beautiful, smooth feeling glass!

This case goes very easily in and out of jeans pockets. My last rubbery case for my old MyTouch 4G was really cheap and a bitch to get in and out of my jeans. This is a MUCH higher quality material and the matte finish makes it very easy to slide in and out of pockets.

The biggest thing I was worried about was whether wireless charging would work through this case, with it being thicker than my Rearth one. Well, I'm happy to report, wireless charging works just fine! I use the Energizer Qi charger, and it works great! With the case on, the phone doesn't slide off the charger either.

I seriously never write reviews, but I am so happy with this case that I just felt compelled for the first time in years to share my experience. I can't imagine a much better case for the price, or for any price really. It fits like a glove, gives me peace of mind, and supports wireless charging. Add to cart!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, December 18, 2012
Exactly what I was looking for.

Pros:
Quality build
It's a great fit.
Love the feel of the back of this case.
The cut-outs and even the non-cut-outs are all aligned and function perfectly.

Cons:

One star off as it killed my Skinomi screen protector after snapping in place; peeled the edges in 3 of 4 corners. If you want this case, definitely choose a different screen protector. I ordered a Spigen protector to replace Skinomi; ignore the older reviews as they've completely fixed the proximity sensor cut-out issue and it's sized great to play well with the Diztronic case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, Minimalist and Solid, February 20, 2013
Just bought this after a lot of contemplation between the TPU version and this one. Also, between black and white. I am glad I chose the white one. Why would anyone want to put a rubberized matte finish black case that attracts dirt all the time on such a beautiful sparking phone! The case feels solid on the phone and gives the much needed protection for the back. The cut-outs are perfectly aligned and one has access to all the ports/buttons. When placed face-down the edges of the case protect the front. All in all Diztronic satisfied my requirements of a case for my phone. I'll be buying one more for my spouse.

UPDATE: I also noticed the really annoying squeaking noise when pressing the sides of the phone. I think it's trying to tell me that the case itself is not good for my phone's beautiful body. Taking it off isn't easy either and there is no way to check if the case streaked the awesome back of the phone or the sides. My biggest complaint is - the small strip of plastic that is on the left edge of the case, next to the volume rocker buttons cracked and broke. I never dropped the phone nor did I ever throw it on the table. I have been using all my electronics very gently and that's what has made them last for years, but this case cracked on that thin strip of metal around the volume rockers. Incidentally the Diztronic customer support team emailed me to check on my purchase the day the crack developed and within 2 days it cracked completely. I have opened a customer service ticket with them and will see how it goes. I'll be updating my review with their response as soon as I receive them. For now, I am taking off three stars.

UPDATE UPDATE: Diztronic shipped me a replacement in a jiffy. It arrived 3 days before the expected arrival date. This time the case felt as if it had a more solid construction. The new one does not squeak when pressed on the sides. This case has been a better experience. The material also seems sturdier than my last one. I think I was just sent a faulty piece the last time around. Bringing the stars back. Thanks Diztronic for a customer service that's par excellence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, December 12, 2012
Case was far better than I imagined. Being only 15 dollars, I assumed a kiosk-quality rubber piece of junk, and that would have been sufficient. The phone was new, and I wanted anything to help protect it. The case is not a soft silicone/rubber type case that I feared. It is a fairly sturdy semiflexable type that goes on easy, and feels firm around the phone. The case has a slight overlap onto the front, as to protect it from face-first falls. The color (matte black) looks natural to the phone. The button access is perfect, with no issues of sticking or anything of the sorts. My ONLY complaint is that the Diztronic logo in the back is a little extreme. A label-less look would have perfected the matte style finish. However, they are just trying to utilize the free advertising space, so I can't be that critical. This is a great addition to any Nexus 4, and was an easy pick up.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice case.., December 5, 2012
Very nice quality, excellent fit and protects the screen without covering the speaker or sensors, which on the N4 are very close to the edges.
Couple minor negative things though: Huge "Diztronic" logo on the back.. hate it. My previous Diztronic cases (Galaxy Nexus) didn't have it. The second issue is there are no volume rocker or power button cutouts!

Update: read your response. I understand my negatives could be subjective. I don't want to ding your sales, being the first reviewer so I will give you back 5 stars.. I do like the quality of your cases compared to the competition. I still think you should make a new revision with cutouts. BTW, I did buy the case directly from your Website (Diztronic/Teapplix); got it on Wednesday; was shipped the 12/3 Madison (Oak Creek Mail Center, Wisconsin) on a grey plastic mailer.

PS. I recommend people to cover the back glass with 3M tape before putting the case on so if dirt gets into the case it wont scratch the back glass. You can also buy the Nexus 4 front AND back screen/glass protectors like I did (from Steinheil) here on Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good case overall, but pushes my screen protector off, February 17, 2013
Overall, I do like this case. The color is true to how it appears on line, and it fits nicely on the phone, covers all ports, etc. I decided to ignore warnings that it would push off the screen protector, hoping that it wouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, this case doe s not work work with a screen protector. I was able to very carefully get the corners of the case to go around the screen protector, but then air bubbles started forming, as it got pushed in from the sides.

If you are planning on using a screen protector, I would look for a different case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, January 15, 2013
I like this case a lot. It's not like the old silcone cases, which I hated because they made it difficult to put my phone in my back jeans pocket. Although this case is "flexible" it's not super sticky. Of course, that means the grip on it is a little slippier than some people may like. The matte finish on the sides and back is similar in texture to the sides of the phone, which is good enough grip for me. My husband on the other hand had purchased the matte smoke version of this and decided to go with another case because he didn't like that this one wasn't "grippy" enough. The cutouts are fine and I haven't had any issues with the buttons.

As I mentioned in another review, if you plan to use a screen protector with this case, you will want one that does NOT cover the entire front surface. I started with this protector which had great reviews: Skinomi TechSkin - LG Nexus 4 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty I chose the full body skin so I could have a protector on the back glass face so that dirt and sand inside the case wouldn't scratch it (I didn't install the side pieces). However when I reinstalled the case it caused the corners of the screen protector to bubble up. I ended up removing it after two weeks because it was so annoying.

I purchased a static type protector which is so far fantastic (has been installed for about 1 week). Super clear finish and doesn't conflict with the case. I have less than 1/32" max gap between the edge of the case and the protector. LG Google Nexus 4 Ultra-Clear Screen Protectors From Clarivue - 2 x Front + 2 x Back Per Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars 2nd Diztronic Case, December 22, 2012
I've gone through many cases over the years, but for the last few years, I've stuck with Diztronic brand cases after wasting money on other brands. So when I got my Nexus 4, I hit Amazon searching for a similar one.

Pros:

-- The phone snaps right in, feels solid.
-- Smooth enough to make it easy to get and out of a pocket, better grip than the normal Nexus 4 glass back (my phone no longer slides off the arm of my chair).
-- Very thin, but doesn't feel cheap. It's a big phone, the bulk added by the case is barely noticeable.

Cons:
-- I use my pinky to support the bottom of my phone when I'm holding it. The plastic down there is sharp. I'll probably end up filing it down (it's like this way on the top too, but it doesn't bother me).
-- A very minor "con" but the cutout for the rear speaker doesn't fully line up. It's off VERY slightly that the bottom and covers up a very small part of the speaker. Every other cutout lines up perfectly (volume, power, USB port, camera, headphone jack)
-- Not really a fair "con" since the picture clearly shows this, but the metal on the top and bottom is exposed, since the case doesn't cover that. In hindsight, I might have prefered a case that wrapped around that part of the phone well.

All in all, another solid Diztronic case. To note, my wife recently bought another Diztronic case for her Nexus 4 (purple, gel case) and she loves it too. Her previous case was also Diztronic.

Rate and Discover Movies