5.0 out of 5 stars True Fan
Published on September 15, 2008 by Katgirly

3.0 out of 5 stars Jessica Simpson
I liked Jessica Simpson, before she was with Nick, so I had to get her newest CD. She has such a great, big, voice! Awesome!
Published on November 17, 2008 by J. Finkbiner

3.0 out of 5 stars Jessica Simpson, November 17, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars True Fan, September 15, 2008
This review is from: Do You Know (Audio CD)
I am writing this review from the point of view of a fan of Jessica since her very first album, "Sweet Kisses," and the release of her first single, "I Wanna Love You Forever." If you look back at Jessica's album history, you can see the amazing growth she has sustained throughout her career. I truly think that "Do You Know" is the first album since "In This Skin" to accurately showcase her songwriting and vocals skills. I would even say that "Do You Know" rivals "Sweet Kisses" in vocals. Jessica has said herself that her new album shows who she truly is as an artist and person. The result of that are strong, moving vocals with relatable, well-written songs. The differences between "A Public Affair" and "Do You Know" are so apparent! For those of you that are disappointed that Jess has left the "pop" world, I am confused where your reasoning comes from! If you truly love Jessica as an artist and person, then it only makes sense to support her career choices, especially when she is opening up her heart for all of us to listen with this album. And for those of you comparing Jess to Carrie Underwood or Taylor Swift, again I am very confused! The funny thing is, Jessica isn't trying to compete with those girls. In fact, Jessica is just being herself. Jessica's new album is truly amazing and I hope everyone out there will give her a chance. She's accomplished so much in her career, and this album is a sure sign of greater things to come!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic 1st Country Album By Jessics, October 25, 2008
This review is from: Do You Know (Audio CD)
If your a fan of Jessica you'll love this album. I'm not a great fan of country music but wanted to have a listen to see what it was like. It's great, meaningful lyrics and you can still have a good sing a long to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Album, December 5, 2008
Sierra (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Know (Audio CD)
I've always been on the iffy side when it came to Jessica Simpson's music as her previous albums have been okay, but nothing stellar. This album, however, is without a doubt my favorite of hers. I'm not a country fan by any means of the word and hesitated about purchasing the album, but I heard some sample tracks online and immediately fell in love with what I heard.

Her single "Come on Over" is a little too upbeat for my liking, but it's a nice, mellow song for relaxing on Sundays to. The hit of the album, in my opinion, is the emotional and poignant "Sipping on History," it's beautifully written and sung and Jessica showcases her talent here. "You're My Sunday" and "Pray Out Loud" are also wonderful songs, both seem much more mature and deep than her previous albums and are among my favorites.

In "Do You Know", Jessica has certainly grown and reveals much of her personal trials and rewards. The music itself is very relaxing but also strong at the same time. It will quickly have you tapping your fingers and wondering how you became a Jessica Simpson fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do You Know, April 10, 2012
This review is from: Do You Know (Audio CD)
I've always liked Jessica Simpson, but I was never a HUGE fan or anything. I have heard all of her albums though, and though it's a close race with In This Skin, this is probably her best album yet. I am baffled at the critical reviews people gave her about trying to switch over to country. Most people can't pull it off, but she did! This album is incredible and I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't love it! She sounds great, the songs are great, the emotion is great, all of it is great. I recommend this album to anyone, whether you're a huge Jess fan or not.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better suited, September 10, 2008
This review is from: Do You Know (Audio CD)
I do believe that country music better suits Jessica than some of the stuff she's done. She can do some good pop too, but I'm glad she's stayed away from the pseudo-R&B vibe that "Irresistible" had. I am one of the minority who liked "A Public Affair" overall. Yeah, there were a few dud songs on there, but all in all I liked hearing her voice do different things aside from singing her lungs out. She's not Mariah, Celine, Whitney, or Leona.
I have not heard this whole album, but I have heard "Come on Over" and think she did a great job with it. I have listened to the other clips here though, and it seems more consistent than previous work. Maybe now she's found her niche and can concentrate on maturing more in this genre.
A final thought: if Jess had never done that reality show....maybe people wouldn't be so harsh, huh? But then again, the public LOVES to be adoring, fickle, and condemning, all at a moment's notice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ixnay the nay-sayers!, November 1, 2008
Debbie Lutz (Lehigh Valley, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Know (Audio CD)
Despite having mixed reviews from the critics, Jessica's new CD is absolutely wonderful! The lyrics are very candid and honest and can relate to a lot of different concerns that the rest of have. I think Jessica does a beautiful job on this one! The title track "Do You Know" (Duet with Dolly Parton) is just exquisite! I listen to it on repeat a lot. It is just so moving and so honest! All the songs are really very powerful. Jess does a great job opening herself up and being vulnerable, so as the listener you can really feel her emotions - whether it be pain, happiness, contentment, excitement, love - and completely relate. I think she did an amazing job with her new sound!!

4.0 out of 5 stars still jessica's fan, September 25, 2008
This review is from: Do You Know (Audio CD)
i couldn't wait to get this cd--i am not dissapointed. i wish it had a couple more fast beat songs like "come on over"-- her voice is great--i have been listening to country music since birth and did not find her use of instruments a problem. jessica has a great voice and she does great with her emotions in the songs-- i won't compare her to other singers--country or not, but if she did have another cd coming out tomorrow i would buy it and if she were in my area for a concert i would go--i can't say that about a lot of the "most talented or popular" country singer on top of the charts now. love jessica's music and her personality--

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album and a Great Surprise, March 18, 2011
This review is from: Do You Know (Audio CD)
I was leary of this album, but I gave it a chance because of the song "Come on Over," which I liked when I heard it on the radio. I often think Jessica's voice is too breathy, but this album has none of that. It has strong vocals and good lyrics that people can relate to. I think she is a better country singer than pop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jessica has finally found soul, March 21, 2009
Isobel (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Do You Know (Audio CD)
Never really enjoyed her voice when she sang her pop songs in the past, but I was pleasantly surprised by this album. Jessica Simpson sings very well in this pop country album, and each song is remarkably beautiful. It's all heart and soul, making this album, in my view, the best out of all the other albums she has made.

Do You Know
Do You Know by Jessica Simpson (Audio CD - 2008)