Customer Discussions > PS3 HDMI Cable forum

Do I need to buy the HDMI cable?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 16, 2007 7:07:57 AM PST
Curious says:
Please advise...I bought a Playstation 3 and we have a HD TV, do I need to buy this cable to use the player for Blue-Ray DVDs?

THANKS!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 18, 2007 2:45:04 PM PST
I also have an HDTV and a PS3. I tried all the different hookups and the hdmi hookup is by far the best!! It was night and day difference compared to regular av cables. Much clearer video and crisper audio. I would suggest buying it. Plus there would be less cables in the way since its all in one cable. Hope this helps!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 20, 2007 3:17:54 PM PST
M. Strong says:
Definitely go with the HDMI cable. Like Dustin said, the video and audio are far superior going that route. As just a side note, you don't have to buy an HDMI cable that is specific to the PS3, any good quality HDMI cable will do the job.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2007 6:10:23 PM PST
Please help.
I know we don't have an HDTV yet, so do I need this cable?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2008 1:09:06 AM PST
tootstain says:
yes you definetely want one, but dont buy this crappy one, you want to go all out and buy the top of the line psyclone playstation 3 hdmi, itll make 420p look like 1080i

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2008 11:53:01 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 21, 2008 11:53:21 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 24, 2008 11:34:22 AM PST
C Bass says:
You can't make 480p look like 1080i, that makes no sense. They are completely different resolutions.

On a lighter note, you can use any HDMI cable for the PS3, I have both the PS3 version and a $5 HDMI cable and the quality is identical. You don't have to have the HDMI cable to use the PS3 though, you can use composite (only supports up to 480p, it's the standard red, yellow and white) component or HDMI, both support up to 1080p but some component cables only support 720p. HDMI is the way to go if you can.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 31, 2008 8:59:15 PM PST
Doc Stew says:
Digital signals are all 1s and 0s. So there is NO difference in HDMI cables. Go to Monoprice - they have BY FAR the BEST HDMI cables for the LEAST amount of money. You can get a 6 ft. 1.3a HDMI cable for $6. Professional installers use them on $100,000 systems, and I've used them for years with excellent results!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  PS3 HDMI Cable forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 16, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
PS3 HDMI Cable
PS3 HDMI Cable by Intec (PlayStation 3)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (138)