Do I need a class 10 sd card? Or will a class 6 do? Thanks!!
asked by Michael Dangelo on March 25, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
votes
Yeah, a Class 6 SHOULD do. I called Canon and they said 6 is the minimum. I went ahead and bought a 16gb. Class 10 Patriot on Amazon ($48).

It has worked like a charm.
Luke D. Neumann answered on March 25, 2010

A
vote
I bought the Patriot too. Patriot LX Series 16 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card PSF16GSDHC10 (Black)
J. Sloan answered on March 26, 2010

A
vote
Is there a need for a 30 mb/s transfer speed?
Randle-El answered on March 26, 2010

A
vote
I tested the class 6 (Polaroid:Made in Japan) and the class 10 (Panasonic:Made in Japan).
Class 6 worked fine. No lagging with HD videos. Fast enough with continuous shots.
I could feel slight deference with class 10. Faster responses with continuous shots and HD videos.
I agree with what Canon said: class 6 is minimum, and recommend to go for class 10 if you want better performance especaily if you shoot RAWs in a continuous mode.
Y. Yoo answered on March 29, 2010

A
votes
I don't know...you could try a Class 6 but it might not end up being enough...I just decided to play it safe and get a Class 10. Canon said Class 6 "at least". With quite a bit of emphasis on the "at least"
Luke D. Neumann answered on March 26, 2010

A
votes
transcend 16gb class 6 works just fine. even with fullhd video and sound.
Malm answered on March 28, 2010

A
votes
grabbed the patriot - should have the t2i Wed!!! thanks for the tips.
Michael Dangelo answered on March 29, 2010

A
votes
I got mine T2i someplace else because Amazon was out, but they included a Transcend 8gb class 10 and I could only get 9 pictures on continuous before it slowed down. I ordered and received a Sandisk Extreme III class 10 4g from Amazon and now I can do over 40 continous(didn't bother to figure out if there is a number bigger). So if your using continuous and need get lots of frames go with the Sandisk Extreme III, for single frame anything will work. I haven't tried the HD.SanDisk 4GB Extreme III - SDHC Class 10 High Performance memory card (SDSDX3-004G-P31, Retail Packaging) - NEW 30MB/s version
cpu_nurd answered on April 18, 2010

A
votes
Class 10 is a lot better if you have the means for one. My GoPro HERO 3 is worthless with out one
Connor answered on December 26, 2012

A
votes
I had a Transcend 16 GB Class 10 Card in my T2i, and it would take photos, yet not record 1080 HD video, after a few short clips! Canon Tech Sprt told me, that although the card was rated at Class 10, it was dropping down below class 6 at certain times during its use! That the camera was only designed and tested and meant to be used with an ACTUAL CLASS 6 CARD! If you can believe that! I now have a 16 GB Class 10 Lexar Card in it, and it is working fine. (Class 6, is cited in the owners manual.)
Robert A. Gange Jr. answered on March 18, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›