Customer Discussions > Mass Effect 2 Platinum Hits forum

Do I need to play Mass Effect 1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 18, 2010 12:27:01 PM PDT
chickens says:
Should I play Mass Effect 1 first? Can I still understand and like this game If I don't?

Is this one better than ME1?

I'm thinking of getting this even though I don't like RPGs like Final Fantasy(Go on shoot me in the face and throw me in a volcano.) But, this seems different. I love science fiction and 3rd person shooters.

Posted on Jun 18, 2010 12:52:38 PM PDT
I was late getting on the bandwagon (got both games in March) trust me- get part 1 and play it as well....you will love them both, I have played each all the way thru 6-8 times, not to mention other times reloading just to see different consequences etc etc...so I guess you don't need pt 1, but you will love them both equally( i hate to think the sum of my collective hours between these 2)
I can't get enough, I can't get sick or bored by them

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2010 1:16:50 PM PDT
chickens says:
Thanks! I think I'll get part 1 first.

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 10:08:25 AM PDT
C. Stillman says:
I also am wondering if I need to play ME1 in order to understand or enjoy ME2 but I have played the ME2 demo and completely understood it, if you haven't bought the game yet, play the demo first, assuming you don't play the demo's last mission, all of your choices and upgrades will carry over.

Posted on Jan 3, 2011 5:56:45 PM PST
nilkn says:
You need to play ME1 first. I can't emphasize just how much you will *not* understand or appreciate in ME2 if you skip the first installment of the trilogy. Yes, you'll be able to follow the story in ME2, but you won't appreciate it nearly as much, and you'll take for granted many aspects which you would recognize were significant had you played ME1.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jun 18, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 3, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect 2 Platinum Hits
Mass Effect 2 Platinum Hits by Electronic Arts (Xbox 360)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (679)